Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - NFC East FIRST PLACE Redskins VS dem bois

TK

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Those are the games we tend to Lose 

Yeah because the Giants have been scoring points which is not going to bode well for our offense.  You know if your down  he is not going to bring you back in the game and that is what is so frustrating IMO.  It is like have Bortles at QB, maybe worse.   Alex looks hesitant, has happy feet, is off target, etc.  He looks like trash.  

2 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Why is everyone down on Gruden man.  

A plethora of reasons.

Some are still just pushing their Cousins agenda.

Some just want perfection and expect the team to win 56-0 every week or something.

And believe it or not, some are just mad we won, period. They want Allen fired, they want Gruden fired. Heck, they probably want Smith jettisoned off the team too.

That isn't going to happen as long as the Redskins are winning.

The team has a chance to get to 5-2 next week, but **** that. They would rather the team tank, blow it up and start over than win.

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Hard to say what happens if this game goes to OT, but one thing is for sure, that 5 yard penalty on the Cowboys center made the difference on the FG attempt.  From 47 yards out that same kick is going in.

You know what though?  I have had to live through 'Skins FG kickers missing chip shots that would tie and/or win games, so too frickin' bad.

THats the first round Pick Payne. Its not recorded as a stat but it impacted the game directly. 

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah that was a bizarre one, and it really did win us the game. I think it was Romo who was saying that if the exact same kick had happened from the original 47 yards out it would have been in and he was right.

That's true, But of course, 47 yards wasn't really an option. The Skins went offsides, so it had to be a 5 yard penalty on one of them. So, a 42 career or a 52 yarder.

Just now, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

We shut Zeke DOWN........15 carries 34yrds....

Our run D aint fu*kin around out there.....Comin for Eli neck (pause) next week. I aint scared of Barkley our any other RB in this league.....

That's what's winning our games - is our defense.

They cover a multiple of sins on the offensive side.

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

does anyone else realize how terrible this team is at hiking the ball.  we are still in the huddle at 15 sec and lucky to hike it before it hits 0

The plays are coming in late, today you could see the panic by Alex and the other players, it was really bad on that last 3rd and goal, there are issues across the board.

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Right now the biggest question mark is how lazy was this team in the Colts game?  How did they go out there and get pushed around by the Colts? I know it feels like a long time ago now, but this team could have been 5-1.

Yes. that was a bad loss all around. Lack of effort and it showed. I am OK with losing in New Orleans. I mean it was a special night for them and that happens in this league.

4 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

A plethora of reasons.

Some are still just pushing their Cousins agenda.

Some just want perfection and expect the team to win 56-0 every week or something.

And believe it or not, some are just mad we won, period. They want Allen fired, they want Gruden fired. Heck, they probably want Smith jettisoned off the team too.

That isn't going to happen as long as the Redskins are winning.

The team has a chance to get to 5-2 next week, but **** that. They would rather the team tank, blow it up and start over than win.

This is an excellent and accurate post. 

If you completely ignore what Gruden critics have, you know, actually said.

?

Well, we backed into a win for the second week in a row, which is disappointing but a win is a win. 

Let's look at the bright side. The next 5 weeks feature the Giants, falcons, bucs, Texans and cowboys again. All winnable games..

This team could somehow win 3 or 4 or even 5 of the next 5, and be sitting anywhere between 7-4 to 9-2

That's exciting, even if the offense is playing like hot buttered ass. Of course they could also lose all 5, but assuming they split them, 7-4 ain't a bad proposition.. 8-3 or 9-2 would be better though.

The Cowboys defense is very good. 

We left a lot on the field. We still have a lot of work to do, but you have to be happy with 4-2.  

Have to hope the team continues to improve, but this is a good start to the season. 

23 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s a chance you take to end the game.  Because minus Dallas stupidity, this game is either over with a loss or in OT right now.

Gruden did everything wrong and got away with it. 

He’s a bad coach.  Period.

last year with a very similar team we lost to them by 14 and 24 points, so this year beating them by three seems to be a coaching improvement

1 minute ago, carex said:

last year with a very similar team we lost to them by 14 and 24 points, so this year beating them by three seems to be a coaching improvement

I think it's a pure defensive improvement. We have more talent, especially up front, so we can run more diverse plays and rely on them more.

It's so frustrating to watch the defense improve so much but the offense regress.

It feels like we can NEVER put together a complete team. We always have some unit that will suck ass.

9 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I am for the most part but his mentality and the 92 season. Sometimes we win on offense, sometimes on defense, sometimes on teams. it takes a TEAM. And the better TEAMS find a way to win.

I didn't even seen Gruden getting conservative. I saw a good Dallas Defense in the red zone. they were number 4 in scoring. We shouldn't have been expected to put up 40

I mean that is intellectually dishonest.

25 minutes ago, Burgold said:

We also won without half our offensive weapons... No Thompson, Crowder, or Richardson. This was a tough gutty win. The kind a football fan should cheer and love.

I absolutely do not understand what's going on in the minds of fans who complain about Manusky or say our defense is overrated. This defense has been flashing major potential since early last season and only injuries have held it back.

7 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Yeah because the Giants have been scoring points which is not going to bode well for our offense.  You know if your down  he is not going to bring you back in the game and that is what is so frustrating IMO.  It is like have Bortles at QB, maybe worse.   Alex looks hesitant, has happy feet, is off target, etc.  He looks like trash.  

Okay Alex didn’t play well in stretches but have you seen Bortles? He’s a turnover machine. Alex has all of 2 INTs and no lost fumbles. Do you wanna know Bortles TO stats? 

Archived