KDawg

The Offensive Line Thread

1 hour ago, carex said:

Christian is inactive ever week.  If Trent went down while Ty was playing guard then Ty would move back out to tackle and we'd be back to Roullier at G and Bergstrom at C

Or better yet, Chase at C and Bergstrom at LG.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

You put your best 5 linemen on the field. Period. If someone gets hurt, you're pretty screwed as is. 

If Gruden/Callahan thought Bergstrom at C and Roullier at LG was putting the five best linemen on the field at their best positions... that scares the hell out of me... and I'm not sure I agree given what we've seen (but we don't see it all)

I would say the best lineup would be:

LT Trent Williams

LG Ty Nsheke

C Chase Roullier

RG Brandon Scherff

RT Morgan Moses

if Ty CAN'T play LG and Trent @ LG and Ty @ LT is obviously better, you do that.

But I'd keep Trent at LT if you can for the same reason I'd keep Roullier at C. Continuity.

1000x this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bird_1972 said:

1000x this

Ty is only a good player when he is playing LT. He is one of those guys that is an excellent pass protector but poor run blocker - that skillset is optimized at LT

Sounds like there's a decent shot of Shawn Lauvao playing Sunday. Color me more surprised than anyone that I'm about to write this, but I'm hoping this stabilizes things on the OL at a very important time. Those stunts and TE/ET things that Dallas does always seem to kill us

• Like 1