Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WaPo Journalist killed in Saudi Consolate

Bozo the kKklown

It’s sad that prominent journalists are seldom safe, specifically in areas like the Middle East and Russia, Eastern Europe, etc.

Its a tough job that they don’t get enough credit fore and usually don’t get the pay they deserve.

Keep up the good fight journalists.  I know we have a few on this board.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It’s sad that prominent journalists are seldom safe, specifically in areas like the Middle East and Russia, Eastern Europe, etc.

Its a tough job that they don’t get enough credit fore and usually don’t get the pay they deserve.

I don’t think they’re motivated by money

it is a calling and we will always have these people. No doubt we should be thankful

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, zoony said:

I don’t think they’re motivated by money

it is a calling and we will always have these people. No doubt we should be thankful

I agree, they aren’t money motivated.  Kinda like teachers.  Journalist is simply a position that I think doesn’t get the pay that they deserve, kinda like teachers.

8 hours ago, zoony said:

There are few autocracies as disgusting as the Sauds 

On the flip side they might be better than a fundamentalist Islamic state. 

Ummmm. They ARE a fundamentalist Islamic state. Worse, they are solely responsible for financing the spread of their salafist ideology that destroys tolerance and clamors for the very fanatical fundamentalism which you abhor. Saudi influence is why so much of modern Islam has become such a monster

• Like 4

5 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Wow, i figured they locked him up, but murdered him?  How sure are we that Turkey is right?

Almost 100%.  Cctv shows him walking in, but never walks.out.  It also shows a 15 man team of Saudis who had just arrived from Riyadh enter the consulate, and then leave carrying 15 bags, and immediately flee the country.  MBS then announces that the Turks are free to search the embassy cuz the guy is not there. 

Guven the fundamental laws of physics, which the Saudis apparently are unaware of, its impossible he just walked into the embassy and disappeared into thin air.

This assasination was done in the most Saudi possible way -- the idiots forgot that you need a coverup, no matter how unbelievable it is, you still need a story where your explanation as the what happened isnt, "Magic."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

hey, guess what?
for everyone pointing out that trump's administration doesn't care and hasn't said a word..    it's journalists now.

But overall when regimes act like this, it is anyone who dissents. And now, foreign entities are allowed to pursue their vendettas here, effectively wage war HERE. 
Freedom only exists for the ignorant that do not understand or are apathetic.

Best be ready.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2

The key difference between Saudi Arabia and Iran is the Saudis have learned to play America's political system perfectly.

The Saudi morals police are stricter.  While the Iranians finance local regimes and militias to extend Persian/Shiite influence, the Saudis provide funds for all the worst terrorist groups to buy them off from committing attacks within the kingdom, and pay for madrasas worldwide that spread their vilifying wahhabi creeds.

• Like 1