Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

riggosrag.com- Redskins: Uncoiling the layers of the Josh Doctson dilemma (M.E.T.)

Redskinscub

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

First round picks should almost always be reserved for OL/DL/QB/Pass Rush and ABSOLUTE STUDS in other spots. You like that safety? Don't fault you, but he better be Sean Taylor. You like that receiver/RB? Cool. Is he Peterson or Larry? That LB looks good. Okay, is he related to Ray Lewis in some way? if the answer to any of those questions is no, then I wouldn't pick em. An argument for DBs can be made that I'd listen to...Specifically CB... 

So much this.

Although there are obviously busts, there appears to be less busts on those positions as well, and if they hit they make your team exponentially better.

There's no mystery to why Doctson hasn't produced this year.

He is not a very good route runner, and can't consistently get separation. We have a new QB who is risk averse, and relatively conservative, and throwing to a guy who isn't open isn't going to be an option. It's really as simple as that.

Doctson will probably get a few end zone fade routes since he can jump, but his effectiveness between the 20's is not in question. He just can't get open.

We should have kept Grant and let Doc go before this season started.  He is also injury prone at this point.   I hope he does not play at all tonight and Harris plays the whole game.   Harris could have a breakout game and if he does then they would most likely have to bench Doctson.   Most fans know what is happening and Gruden is always making positive statements but he is not fooling Extremeskins fans.

I don't always agree with him, but I kind of support CT-Skins' post.

Wide receivers are a total crapshoot – even if you draft them high, you never know what you're going to wind up with.   You take a chance, and maybe 1 to 2 years later you'll find out what you actually have in the way of way of an NFL receiver.

And with Josh Doctson, it hasn't been that clear.   He has shown great potential during the very few times he's been on the field but also revealed he's got those traditional rookie issues of acclimating to the level of the NFL game.  That's his problem, and something he can only overcome whenever he's able to play in real-time NFL games.   He lost a full year due to injury.

Sadly, his body isn't cooperating.  But it's something he'll have to work though, overcoming the pain, in order to get it done.   He's got a lot of potential, which I hope will eventually blossom while he's with the Skins.

Archived