Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Actually, the next 3 games really.  Falcons, Bucs and Texans can all put it up on you.  D. Watson is starting to get his feet under him a bit more.

If the 'Skins are to be serious contenders at the end of the year, they need to come out of the next 3 games at 2-1, to get to 7-3 going into the Thanksgiving day Dallas game.  That would guarantee they would still be in the lead of the division, since Philly and Dallas both have 4 losses already. 

If they get to 7-3, they can play .500 ball all the way home and most likely make the playoffs as a division winner at 10-6. 

Falcons at home might be the easiest of these three games, Texans might be the hardest.  It's also on the road. 

Texans are at FedEx

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'd be willing to bet a steak dinner than they can't win any of those 3 games unless they can score 24 points.  The defense is good, maybe trending to very good or great, but they're not '85 bears good or that Denver defense which won the SB when Peyton couldn't throw the ball 10 yards good. 

They can probably slow down all three offenses and keep them in the 20's, but if the offense can't keep pace the other team will start to pull away, and the games can get away from them.

I think the formula can continue to work: Run the ball, stop the run, win the turnover battle and time of possession.  However, they're going to have to also score points because the formula leaves a very low margin for error.

The only really explosive offense they have played this year (and I subtract GB because Rodgers just wasn't right) was New Orlean's and they got run out of the building because the offense couldn't keep up at all, and the defense had no margin for error. They made 2 or 3 errors, and the route was on. 

My bad.  Texans is at home and Bucs is on the road.

Bucs are at FedEx

58 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Call me overconfident but if you think for a second I’m scared of the Falcons coming into Fed Ex, I find that laughable.  Their defense is absolutely trash.  Peterson should be able to run all over them.  Sure, they have playmakers in the passing game but Devonte Freeman is hurt and our D hasn’t given up more than 61 yards to any single rusher yet.  At some point folks are going to have to realize greatness when they see it.

The problem is not stopping the run with the Falcons. It's stopping Matty Ice and his targets. And that is going to be much tougher than stopping Eli Manning and Dak Prescott.

Because we know what a top passing QB can do to this Defense. And if you forgot, look at the Saints game. We held Kamara in check that day too. Didn't help much.

1 hour ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Saw a stat on Fox we have the easiest remaining schedule at least in the NFC maybe the NFL.. Opponent winning percentage is .391%

Yep.  That's the one.  We'll be hearing about it all the rest of the season.  But you can only play who they put in front of you.  

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

The problem is not stopping the run with the Falcons. It's stopping Matty Ice and his targets. And that is going to be much tougher than stopping Eli Manning and Dak Prescott.

Because we know what a top passing QB can do to this Defense. And if you forgot, look at the Saints game. We held Kamara in check that day too. Didn't help much.

The Falcons put on a whopping 23 points on the Giants, I believe.  Not any more “potent” than the Skins offense.  Skins have a much better D tho, that’s the kicker.

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

Call me overconfident but if you think for a second I’m scared of the Falcons coming into Fed Ex, I find that laughable.  Their defense is absolutely trash.  Peterson should be able to run all over them.  Sure, they have playmakers in the passing game but Devonte Freeman is hurt and our D hasn’t given up more than 61 yards to any single rusher yet.  At some point folks are going to have to realize greatness when they see it.

If our passing game starts going which I think it will and we remain healthy. We are super bowl contenders in just our first season with this great season. It might just get better and better the next few season.

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

The Falcons put on a whopping 23 points on the Giants, I believe.  Not any more “potent” than the Skins offense.  Skins have a much better D tho, that’s the kicker.

If you really think that, then I wonder about your knowledge of football. Ryan has 800 more yards than Smith and twice the TD's. The secondary will be tested.

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Don't know if it's been said yet, but if not, it needs to be. And it just feels good sayin it...

We now have a full 2 game lead over Dallas. Technically it should be 2.5 games ahead, since currently head-to-head we're 1-0 against them.

Yea, Philly is ahead of them, but not worried about Philly.

I’m the complete opposite. Philly was super bowl champions last season.wents is showing he is still good even after the injury last year. And two weeks from now Philly plays Dallas on SNF. One of those two is going to win. I just don’t know who i think we’ll prefer to win yet. If we lose next week, we’re just 1 game ahead of Philly. Can’t risk losing the week after that and Philly beating Dallas and being tied with us....

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m the complete opposite. Philly was super bowl champions last season.wents is showing he is still good even after the injury last year. And two weeks from now Philly plays Dallas on SNF. One of those two is going to win. I just don’t know who i think we’ll prefer to win yet.

Sounds like you have more concern for Philly, so based on that, you would probably prefer Dallas win that matchup.

Plus, since we played and beat Dallas once, and still have to play Philly twice, then it would make sense you want Dallas to win. Because we'd rather end up tying with a team we've at least beat once, than tying a team we've yet to play, whom we could potentially get swept by.

That all might sound confusing, I reckon.

Well my thought process is that IF we beat the falcons next week, i wont care AS MUCH who wins that Sunday night game in two weeks, since we would potentially be 7-2 at that point, assuming we find a way to beat the falcons and then the Bucs (which to me is an easier task than beating the falcons) and would still have a good lead over both Dallas and Philly anyway no matter who wins. 

but yes, IF we lose to the falcons, then it will become much clearer that i will want Dallas to win that game. 

not sure if this ultimately means anything whatsoever, but...

In terms of points per game allowed by defenses, the rankings of the defenses the Falcons have gone up against:

- #7 (scored 12 pts)

- #11 (scored 31 pts)

- #15 (scored 17 pts)

- #21 (scored 23 pts)

- #23 (scored 37 pts)

- #29 (scored 36 pts)

- #32 (scored 34 pts)

The Redskins defense is ranked #5.

In terms of points per game scored by offenses, the rankings of the offenses the Redskins have gone up against:

- #2 (allowed 43 pts)

- #6 (allowed 21 pts)

- #12 (allowed 17 pts)

- #13 (allowed 17 pts)

- #26 (allowed 17 pts)

- #28 (allowed 13 pts)

- #31 (allowed 6 pts)

The Falcons offense is ranked #11.

so, if the season was to end right now (yes, yes, I know it hasn't and theres still two months left of the season), we would be hosting the seahawks in the wildcard round. just thought that was interesting. 

I actually think we could beat them finally too if given that opportunity, should we make it to the playoffs. LOB Is pretty much gone, and I don't think they have much left on offense either, do they? 

Archived