Frerotte

George

Banks

Brunell

Ramsay

Grossman

Candle

McNugget

Alex is just a more expensive and possibly slightly better version of Brunell.

4 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

You forgot:

Shuler

Frerotte

George

Banks

Brunell

Ramsay

Grossman

Candle

McNugget

Alex is just a more expensive and possibly slightly better version of Brunell.

Tony Banks is the name I was forgetting, but everyone else was a bit decent as a QB than the others. Though Tony Banks did ended up 8-8...

OK, maybe Shuler was bad...

But Frerotte was an OK QB, Campbell, Brunell, Grossman, they all were able to get the job done unlike those we had at some time.

9 hours ago, tryingtohelp said:

So, I posted this in another thread, but I dont think it will get enough exposure

Hello all, 

I come from a Chiefs message board. Today is the first day that I have ever visited this board and I do not come to this site to troll, only to warn you all. When Alex Smith was traded to the Chiefs there was an influx of new posters, people who were 49er's fans and for some reason decided they were going to follow a completely mediocre QB to his new team.

P.S. - Sandy is obsessed with how much Alex makes

P.S.S - The game Alex had today is going to be a very common thing, so might as well brace yourselves for it. 

Good Day!

Wow, I didnt know Kansas City finally got the internet! Congratulations and welcome!

15 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

As a fanbase I think we all wish Alex Smith was the low point.  This Chief's fan needs to do his homework on our QB carousel over the last 20 years. 

I know what your QBs have been and I'm mainly here to tell you to avoid that idiot Sandy, not tell you how bad Smith is. Also, the Chiefs haven't had anything better than mediocre since Trent Green left and thats been quite a long time, so I know the feeling of having **** QBs year after year. 

7 hours ago, MusicCitySkin said:

Matt Flynn

Ummm, what? 

6 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Wow, I didnt know Kansas City finally got the internet! Congratulations and welcome!

What an incredibly funny joke, especially considering we were the first town to get Google fiber. Idiot. 

Just now, tryingtohelp said:

I know what your QBs have been and I'm mainly here to tell you to avoid that idiot Sandy, not tell you how bad Smith is. Also, the Chiefs haven't had anything better than mediocre since Trent Green left and thats been quite a long time, so I know the feeling of having **** QBs year after year. 

LOL .. wait, wait, wait .. let em get this straight .... lol .. youre following a random anonymous person around the internet to warn us that this random anonymous person will be following an NFL football player on the internet?

I think I know which one is creepier. I just envision a fat person in a basement with those vinyl wood wall things that plagued the 80s.

Lol ... i hope youre not serious.

(heres the part where you claim to be a small business owner, blah blah blah)

1 hour ago, tryingtohelp said:

Ummm, what? 

What an incredibly funny joke, especially considering we were the first town to get Google fiber. Idiot. 

edit

50 minutes ago, tryingtohelp said:

Ummm, what?

Edited out personal attack

So, you came here for the sole purpose of warning us about this awful mean guy sandy who you don't like on your site. Hmm, I call bull****.

Let's set this straight on why you are really here and where this is going:  

1. You do not give a **** about sandy. You came here specifically to crow about Mahomes so you could somehow make yourself feel superior. I know this because you have brought nothing here that adds to what this fan base already knows about Alex Smith. So please, don't do us any favors. We are actually capable of doing our own research and have.  

2. Your obsession with someone on the other side of a keyboard is just a little bit sick to be honest. Not sure what you expect to get out of that. Getting them banned? We have a well moderated site here. The mods do a very good job of weeding out meaningful contributions even if a bit heated from people just here to stir up bull**** - your efforts would appear to be firmly located in the later. More importantly, as long as sandy does not break any rules oddly enough they are allowed to have an opinion. So far since the mods have not gotten rid of them (at least as far as I know), they clearly have done something you have not, read the rules and followed them. It's called extreme skins because we relish extreme positions. So they are huge Alex fan. Who cares. Stay within the rules and post what you want. If they do not, the mods are more than willing and capable of taking care of what needs to be taken care of. 

3. This is following a progression. About said mods - it's clear you have not bothered to reads te rules. If you had you would know that calling some a name is a direct violation of the rules. The mods at their discretion can and will do anything from ignore you, give you a warning, suspend you, or just be done with it and ban you. My money is on the last since as far as I can tell you have provided zero value added to the conversation and have violated several rules - including but not limited to calling other posters names, using homophobic slurs and even starting a thread that does not conform to the rules. The entire thread is based on the premise of attacking another poster, that again as far as I know has broken no rules, and to crow about a player on a team not called the Redskins (should have been in ATL no the Stadium.). But hey, I am just another poster. Not my call. Up to you what you do with that information. 

Since I am pretty sure you will not be here long, let's discuss briefly your main purpose of being here - to crow about you having the better QB between Mahomes vs. Alex Smith. You may have a great one there. But the league is littered with guys that had a few decent even great games and falling into nothingness.Once defenses get some film on them and find what they like to do and take that away, that will decide if he is any good. Even with his good start the odds are against him. In the end it is you who may wish you had Alex back. He may not be elite, but he is solid. 

But ultimately your problem is your head coach. Yes, he may be better than ours, but you are not hear to talk about our team now are you. The fact is Andy Reid is a great coach to get you to the playoffs but cannot get over the hump. So even with his new toy, expect a PO flame out like he has virtually every other time one of his teams have gotten there. 

As for Alex, he is what he is and we all know/knew  that, The hope is the FO can put a good enough team around him to be successful. So far obviously the reviews are mixed. Let's see how they respond. 

10 hours ago, tryingtohelp said:

It must be nice to have a GM who traded a 3rd round pick and a really good young corner for the king of checkdowns and then gave him a 4 yr 94 million contract extension. What makes it even better is you let a better QB walk. Kirk Cousins won with your junk team. I can't wait to see what Alex does with nothing (I guarantee it won't be anything good). So enjoy your 3000 yds and 15 tds. You will be longing for the days Cousins was your QB. Your team won't be better than 6-10 with Smitty at the helm, unless of course you surround him with All-Pros.

You know what, we may hate what you say but you're right on just about everything I quoted you on and that sucks for us.  I do think you have issues being that you felt the need to come here and rub it in our faces, that's just weird and you may need to seek help.

You should keep hanging around though, most of this board isn't even Skins fans anymore so you fit right in, they just hang around all angry and wish the worst on this team, its really fricken sad but the team and Snyder deserve every bit of fire being spit.

15 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

they just hang around all angry and wish the worst on this team, its really fricken sad but the team and Snyder deserve every bit of fire being spit.

Perhaps there are a rare few.  But for the most part, I think anger and wishing the worst gets twisted with apathy and expecting the worst.  Like I said yesterday, I'd be thrilled to be wrong about this team and the actions they take.  I'm not a pro football scout or analyst and never intend to be one, so it's not taking any food out of my mouth if I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Perhaps there are a rare few.  But for the most part, I think anger and wishing the worst gets twisted with apathy and expecting the worst.  Like I said yesterday, I'd be thrilled to be wrong about this team and the actions they take.  I'm not a pro football scout or analyst and never intend to be one, so it's not taking any food out of my mouth if I'm wrong.

Yeah but look at the posters who we haven't seen for months, coming back and trolling their own fanbase, its nuts man.

To each his own.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Yeah but look at the posters who we haven't seen for months, coming back and trolling their own fanbase, its nuts man.

To each his own.

True but I think that's minimal.  Just like we have a few super homers here that are always wrong about the team.  They might be loud and post a lot but there aren't many of them anymore.  Most of the folks here I think fit what I'm talking about - mostly apathetic at this point and 'negative' with good reason. 

I wonder if it is obvious yet that NONE of us can do anything about hiring and firing so WARNING us is pretty stupid.

I mean, unless trolling was the goal, which i believe.

Because why else show up right after the game to say "hey, your guys sucks"?

Worry about yourself. Try not to have another major meltdown like last year, and before you go caterwauling about smith, best check Andy Reid's success record when it isn't the regular season. 
You can warn us about Smith, but it's clear you haven't figured out that guy yet. 

Now click your red slippers and get the **** back to Kansas, Dorothy.

~Bang

12 hours ago, tryingtohelp said:

I'm not the one who brought him up unless I misinterpreted the guy I quoted. 

You're posts come off very whiny. How very brave of you saving this site from a "troll", such a good white knight

Yes, you brought Griffin up first and by name.  You wouldn't be anymore welcoming if a fan from another board tried this post on yours, so please spare us your interpretations of how we should be treating your scroll of truth from a city that in name is for whatever reason in the wrong damn state.  Atlantic City, Wyoming lookin ass.

Jim Cornette has a favorite line that comes to mind right about now after reading that first post. It starts with a "Thank you" and ends with a "Bye". With something very special in between only for tryingtohelp. I can't say the rest but those who know it know this fits for the OP after that trolling nonsense. Redskins fans are too classy to pull off some idiotic crap like that. 

Didn't you learn anything about NFL teams adjusting to QBs by now? How many seasons of Deshaun Watson need to happen before everyone gets it that it's way too soon to be anointing anyone anything after only a few games? Pat Mahomes looks good today, see you in 12 weeks and let's talk how he looks then. 

Archived