Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Colts Prediction Thread: Will the Redskins "Luck" Out?

skins island connection

When: Sunday September 16th 1:00 p.m. - Noon central

Where: FedEx Field 

Hurricane Florence, a strong hurricane in the Atlantic is possibly heading towards the mid-Atlantic coastline by Friday, according to forecasts, and this could be a problem for some NFL games. I haven't heard anything as of yet, but to everyone on the east coast, keep a close eye on Florence and stay safe; I may have to tell myself the same thing in a couple weeks.

Now that the weather forecast is done, Sunday the Redskins welcome the Indianapolis Colts to Fed Ex Field [ got it right THIS time Califan lol].

Sunday, the Colts fell to the Bengals 34-23 after giving up 17 points in the final qtr.  Andrew Luck had a pretty good day passing, but only 77 yds rushing between 4 different runners did them in.

An old friend is coming home, Ryan Grant, who is now a Colts WR, was one of Luck's main targets, getting 59 yds but no TDs [ sounds right ].

The Colts offense was top 5, I believe, but rushing rank had them at 23rd, so their running game struggled and relied on Luck's arm.

Defensively they are middle of the pack, but points they are 24th.

The Redskins on the other hand, made short work of the Arizona Cardinals, dominating in all aspects of the game.

I was correct; David Johnson WAS carrying his big payday on the field with him, probably why he was almost a non-factor. Lets face it, the Redskins had their way with the Cards, shutting down the great Sam Bradford and their offense in general. There were a couple good plays made but overall it was nowhere near enough to amount to anything.

Offensively, Alex Smith had a very good day, not only breaking the opening day losing streak for the Redskins, but tossing 2 TDs and letting the guys eat.

Adrian Peterson, AD as he is referred to, looked great on the field, and he showed he still had the wheels on him, running and catching out of the backfield, along

with Chris " Flash " Thompson who had 128 total yds and 1 TD, and combined was the top rushing team for weel 1 [ so far ]. Reed and Davis looked good, although I would have liked to see Doctson get more catches, just 1 for the game.

Defensively, they shut down Johnson and the Card's offense. The D-line had a great game, playing smart, coordinated, and alert, which is a very good sign this early in the season. Dunbar had a pick, and a fumble recovery at the end by Ioannitis sealed the game. The secondary was flying all over the field, knocking the ball away from receivers all game. Currently the defense is ranked 2nd in points allowed, 2nd in total yds, 4th in passing and 3rd in rushing. When was the last time I could say THAT!

The Colts own a comfortable head-to-head win total overall, but the last 10 games going back to 1984 the Redskins are 5-5, our last win against them coming in 2002, back in the crazed 'flabber-mouth' Steve Spurrier days.

This will be a more challenging game for the defense, as Luck is a far better QB than Bradford, and with T.Y. Hilton running around the field, the Redskins defense cannot afford to let this guy get hot. The running game for the Colts shouldn't be a concern, but we all know how things can change in an instant, leaving the coaches scratching their heads.

Alex should have a much better game, should have, and I'm thinking that Crowder will make his presence felt early and often, and with the dynamic duo of AD and Flash, this game could very well end up a scoring bonanza if Luck gets hot.

When the dust settles and the ponies are shoed,

the Redskins simply have too much offense for the Colts defense to handle; there will be a lot of CO2 being sucked down, providing they aren't wearing waders from Florence.

Redskins 41

Colts 29

* First correct score prediction wins a new Redskins Fremont Die Flag. {  sorry, the stein is in about 14 pieces, I dropped it while dusting it off. }

Good luck and HTTR !

I believe in a healthy amount of irony to life, but not this day. Just can't fathom a way that we **** this one up. Redskins should take this one easy, and right now I say they will. They should own the trenches on both sides. That alone should get it done and done in style. Probably the only week I would go so all in, but I'm going. 

giphy.webp   34

coltsb_logo.gif                                                                       16

2-0 and feeling good

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

I see two people have picked 27-17. To win the prize though the person who posted 1st will win and the other will just get bragging rights. :)

Yes, something to keep in mind. I've been burned on that before.

Bigmuss might want to change his score  if he wants to win the stein.

This week will be interesting. Hopefully we'll see more out of the WRs .The Colts secondary are a bunch of journeymen. At home last week, on opening day, they played better on D than anyone really expected. I'm chalking that up to a Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton led Bengals team playing close to the vest, until they couldn't. Doctson gets at least one TD. Redskins 31-20.

Rain wouldn’t be a bad thing this game. The Colts are a one dimensional passing offense. When it’s raining and especially if it’s windy it negatively effects the passing game. The running game is emphasized and that’s one place I see a distinctive advantage for us. The Colts have no RBs worth game planning for. In a way if the weather is bad it means to me a lock we are 2-0 this time next week.

Redskins 24

Colts 7

24-13 Skins, especially if it rains asuch as i think it will.

28 minutes ago, zskins said:

I see two people have picked 27-17. To win the prize though the person who posted 1st will win and the other will just get bragging rights. :)

With that out of the way....

Skins 24

Colts 13

Damn you, lolz

Archived