Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict The Skins W/L

Veryoldschool

2018 W/L Prediction  

138 members have voted

1. 1. How Many 2018 Regular Season Wins?

• 16-0
    • 15-1
    • 14-2
    • 13-3
    • 12-4
    • 11-5
    • 10-6
    • 9-7
    • 8-8
    • 7-9
    • 6-10
    • Dark pit of despair

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2018 at 03:59 AM

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Just throwing it all out there for some perspective.

Maybe the negativity will create a reverse effect and we crush them.

I had no snappy rejoiner because you have a point

42 minutes ago, dav87sc said:

9-7..........because I refuse to live in a constant state of despair and negativity, without totally drinking the kool-aid and resigning myself to another future off-season of dejected self(and team)-loathing.

I hear ya, just about all of us are cringing because of expected pain.  One guy on the board calls himself BattteredFan or something like it and sadly most of us feel like that and 9-7 is all the optimism I could summon.  

4 hours ago, samy316 said:

They just had a segment on 980 where they discussed which extreme the Redskins were closer to: 5-11 or 11-5.  Most of the callers went with 5-11 because of the secondary, and the uncertainty of the offense.  It seems like people are more down on the Skins before the opener than I can remember in quite sometime.  I think the Redskins have to win at least 2 out of the first 3 games to get some momentum, and have fans start believing that the Skins can contend for a Wild Card spot this season.

I don't blame the fans, the Skins haven't given anyone a reason to believe otherwise.  I guess the fans are just like me, in that they want to "See it before they believe it".

It's really tough to answer that question objectively and not say that they are CLOSER to 5-11. It's much more likely that the negative perfect storm happens than the positive version. I will say, I don't think 5-11 is very likely at all. But, if someone came back from January, 2019 and told you that the Redskins finished with either 11 losses or 11 wins and, if you guess which one correctly you'd get $1M, which would you choose?

24 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's really tough to answer that question objectively and not say that they are CLOSER to 5-11. It's much more likely that the negative perfect storm happens than the positive version. I will say, I don't think 5-11 is very likely at all. But, if someone came back from January, 2019 and told you that the Redskins finished with either 11 losses or 11 wins and, if you guess which one correctly you'd get $1M, which would you choose?

I think without the injuries last year we hit double digit wins. Because of that and the changes this offseason I have been thinking 10-6, so I would bet on the 11-5. I think if we dont have an abnormal number of injuries we win 10 games and make the playoffs. People tend to be negative in general from my experience, so those results dont surprise me.

I mean even with being decimated with injuries and having one of the hardest schedules we got to 7-9. We have a slightly less difficult schedule this year in comparison and guys back and playing. I think if we cant make it to the playoffs and double digit wins this year then we need to start thinking of moving on from Gruden, and I love the guy,

My first thought was: "is 6-10 too generous?"

In the 3rd preseason game, on 4th down and 3 yards, Alex Smith throwing the ball short of the line to gain to Vernon Davis, who is unable to convert, is emblematic to me of the anemic offense that has been presented so far as the team's solution to replace Cousins. No thanks. 

The team is worse off without Cousins. And the whole situation was a monumental bungling for a group who already have a litany of monumental bunglings since the beginning of snyder's ownership regime. 

All on the heels of this organization's unabashedly, unapologetic, need based draft, which they executed in the extreme. In which they chased after a high maintenance RB with an extremely overly dramatic leg kick running motion that was predictably cautioned against by even the most moderate of evaluators. No surprise when said RB's leg motion, resembling the roadrunner, went click, clack, boom, when a small deviation in its thousand part motion went a tad offtrack. 

I want to choose 6-10, that was the first number that popped into my head, but the temptation to add another vote to pit of despair is too tempting.

I'd like to shove snyder into the pit. 

Let's go with 5 wins. 

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Harbaugh would be the other if he leaves Michigan.  Saban? Meyer?

Saban now wouldn't that be vintage Dan.  You got the hype of all the Alabama guys here already -- I can see him trying to sell the pizzaz behind a move like that.  Saban though is such an ego maniac -- I doubt he'd take the job without personnel control.  

To me the irony is I hate the model of personnel being run by a head coach but I probably hate even more a FO run by Bruce Allen.

Hopefully the season doesn't crash where this comes to bear.    But if the season goes south -- I gather Dan is boxed in to do something sexy.  As the WP explained well IMO the other day -- this isn't a sexy-exciting team as for it being an easy one to sell fans to buy jerseys and tickets, etc.  I gather a losing season on top of it would bring back old school Dan on steroids.  Not that I think old school Dan is completely gone presently. 

I am holding out for now by leaning optimistic.  But I totally get the people who have a bad feeling about the season.  I at times have it that same feeling, too.  But I am trying to fight it for now especially with me flying almost cross country to see the opener.  ?

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Harbaugh would be the other if he leaves Michigan.  Saban? Meyer?

Saban now wouldn't that be vintage Dan.  You got the hype of all the Alabama guys here already -- I can see him trying to sell the pizzaz behind a move like that.  Saban though is such an ego maniac -- I doubt he'd take the job without personnel control.  

To me the irony is I hate the model of personnel being run by a head coach but I probably hate even more a FO run by Bruce Allen.

Hopefully the season doesn't crash where this comes to bear.    But if the season goes south -- I gather Dan is boxed in to do something sexy.  As the WP explained well IMO the other day -- this isn't a sexy-exciting team as for it being an easy one to sell fans to buy jerseys and tickets, etc.  I gather a losing season on top of it would bring back old school Dan on steroids.  Not that I think old school Dan is completely gone presently. 

I am holding out for now by leaning optimistic.  But I totally get the people who have a bad feeling about the season.  I at times have it that same feeling, too.  But I am trying to fight it for now especially with me flying almost cross country to see the opener.  ?

After watching last year I'm not sure how anyone can pick this team to win less than 6 games.  This team was destroyed by injuries and still won 7.  The offense moved the ball well but didn't score a lot and the defense (after week 5) couldn't stop the run.

I have to think the range is 6-10 to 10-6. 

6-10 if things go even worse than last year...is that really possible outside of a bus crash?

10-6 if Smith keeps the Offense running smoothly, the DL is legit and the secondary holds their own.  

4-12 

I hope I'm wrong but I think we drop the 1st three and Danny puts Jays head on a stick. I believe Alex Smith is an upgrade from Kirk but all of our offensive play makers (Reed, Thompson, AP, Davis, etc) are coming off major injuries or are old (or both). It's a stretch to think they are going to stay healthy with the injury history this team has had in recent years. Alex Smith is not a guy who is going to carry the team on his back.

I think we go into full rebuild mode by week 4 with a defensive minded head coach and build around the young defense. Draft a QB to develop under Smith. This year if we beat the cowboys twice I'm happy

11-5. I think we win early and catch teams off guard by having a Gruden offense with Alex Smith and new wrinkles. The improved defense will be evident early and helped by our first two opponents. What looks like a tough schedule now..will turn out to be fairly average with injuries to our opponents and catching them at the right time. 

1 hour ago, ShaunAlexanderSkinsYears said:

4-12 

I hope I'm wrong but I think we drop the 1st three and Danny puts Jays head on a stick. I believe Alex Smith is an upgrade from Kirk but all of our offensive play makers (Reed, Thompson, AP, Davis, etc) are coming off major injuries or are old (or both). It's a stretch to think they are going to stay healthy with the injury history this team has had in recent years. Alex Smith is not a guy who is going to carry the team on his back.

I think we go into full rebuild mode by week 4 with a defensive minded head coach and build around the young defense. Draft a QB to develop under Smith. This year if we beat the cowboys twice I'm happy

Son put the bottle down and step back off the ledge, easy now.  It won't get that bad I promise you.  Now take my hand, we're going to Dennys for a Grand Slam and coffee on me....

1 hour ago, SkinsFootball said:

11-5. I think we win early and catch teams off guard by having a Gruden offense with Alex Smith and new wrinkles. The improved defense will be evident early and helped by our first two opponents. What looks like a tough schedule now..will turn out to be fairly average with injuries to our opponents and catching them at the right time. 

This is a happy thought I would like to cling to until Sunday!  Alex comes out slinging some new RPO magic and the Skins have the Cardinals flummoxed in the opener!  Yes, that's the ticket!  The new DL brings it and the Skins pick up a shiny ass 50/50 road game win to start the Alex era!  Veryoldschool won't need the blue pill tonight baby!

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe Snyder could try drafting Saban because I don't think Saban would want the job.  If Saban wanted to erase the stain of his failed Miami gig I think Nick would have the good sense to pick a better franchise.  Another thing, I don't think surplus peanuts Snyder has got deep enough pockets to pay Nick and all the upgrades to facilities and staff Saban would require.

3 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

My first thought was: "is 6-10 too generous?"

In the 3rd preseason game, on 4th down and 3 yards, Alex Smith throwing the ball short of the line to gain to Vernon Davis, who is unable to convert, is emblematic to me of the anemic offense that has been presented so far as the team's solution to replace Cousins. No thanks. 

The team is worse off without Cousins. And the whole situation was a monumental bungling for a group who already have a litany of monumental bunglings since the beginning of snyder's ownership regime. 

All on the heels of this organization's unabashedly, unapologetic, need based draft, which they executed in the extreme. In which they chased after a high maintenance RB with an extremely overly dramatic leg kick running motion that was predictably cautioned against by even the most moderate of evaluators. No surprise when said RB's leg motion, resembling the roadrunner, went click, clack, boom, when a small deviation in its thousand part motion went a tad offtrack. 

I want to choose 6-10, that was the first number that popped into my head, but the temptation to add another vote to pit of despair is too tempting.

I'd like to shove snyder into the pit. 

Let's go with 5 wins. 

CourageousEnviousFirefly-size_restricted

39 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Maybe Snyder could try drafting Saban because I don't think Saban would want the job.  If Saban wanted to erase the stain of his failed Miami gig I think Nick would have the good sense to pick a better franchise.  Another thing, I don't think surplus peanuts Snyder has got deep enough pockets to pay Nick and all the upgrades to facilities and staff Saban would require.

All good points.    I think a losing season would put Dan is a desperate mood.  They are clearly struggling with selling mediocrity and I agree with those who say mediocrity is a positive change under Dan's tenure. But regardless it seems like fan malaise has kicked in with some.   In the past, they could even sell some of their bad teams and squads with a new toy/new tenure -- let alone mediocrity.  So Dan would have to pull something dramatic out of his hat.  Saban would fit that.  And agree why would Saban want to work here?  Hopefully it doesn't come to this where we'd have to worry about it. 

I find myself somewhere in between the optimists and pessimists.  I share the pessimist point of view that leadership at the top-Bruce/Dan while mildly improved -- its still on the aggregate abysmal.  I also agree that they royally botched the Kirk situation and suspect Alex will more likely be a downgrade  - though I might not agree he's as a severe downgrade as others think he might be. I think they had the typical mostly abysmal FA season under Bruce.   I get that foreboding feeling that it can all come crashing down.   I feel that some, too.

Then the optimist in me is saying.  Hey they got a young D line that could really emerge.  Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson are healthy for now.  Adrian Peterson looked like a stud in preseason.  And while I am not wild about Kirk leaving and having a 34 year old QB which IMO puts us in a win now mode -- I am somewhat intrigued by what Kevin O'Connell does with Alex via the RPO/RO. 

I'll probably make up my mind about this team once I see it in action this Sunday.  But I get both the 6-10 crowd and 10-6 crowd.  I'll probably land on one of those positions after Sunday for good.  Or do what Keim did, split the difference and pick 8-8. 

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll probably make up my mind about this team once I see it in action this Sunday.  But I get both the 6-10 crowd and 10-6 crowd.  I'll probably land on one of those positions after Sunday for good.  Or do what Keim did, split the difference and pick 8-8. 

Yeah, the answer is probably within 1 standard deviation of  .500  but the poll closes at 11:59 EST on Saturday so you have to man up and stake your ground by then.

12 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Yeah, the answer is probably within 1 standard deviation of  .500  but the poll closes at 11:59 EST on Saturday so you have to man up and stake your ground by then.

Yeah I guess am stuck with my 9-7.  But I admit I am far from confident in it. ?

this is a good glass half full view point of the season.  Hope so. 

Kenneth Clyburn and 3 others liked

Archived