Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unpopular Opinions Thread (Non-Political)

AsburySkinsFan

33 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

"Oh, you totally won't see this one coming, I promise!!!"

[Calls every jump scare/trip over blade of grass/shocking death], because it hasn't happened 35 million times. 

It's like none of the main characters watch horror movies.  I call it "Scooby Doo Syndrome", they should know better.  

Bikers on roads suck.  I don't think that's an unpopular opinion unless you're part of the minority of the jerks that are on the bikes and making it dangerous for everyone.

Earlier this morning I was on some back road in Maryland where I must have seen 100 of them, they act like they're training for the Tour De France.  I came around a corner only to see a car halfway in my lane trying to avoid a string of about 7 or 8 of them, I thought I was gonna have a head on collision for a second.  Swerved to the right with some room to spare but it definitely got my heart racing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Digging mass graves is a lot harder than you think.  Took me a whole day to do my last one.  Who has the time for that any more?  And if it's cold and the ground is frozen you can forget about it.

Don't you live in Ghent?  Musta taken you half the day jus to figure out where to pull this off:ols:

They been takin over road lanes to convert to bike lanes in norfolk, I hate it. As a former "bike to get anywhere" on oceanfront area, I'd never trust cars not to put my life as a hindrance to their commute. Now everyone thinks they Lance f'n Armstrong. I stay glued to the sidewalk, unless there isn't one (then I'm at their mercy)

Edited by Renegade7

19 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

I can’t eat eggs and chicken together, something perverse about the whole idea.

you anti-mixing meat people are crazy.  And, for the anti-CFA people, i would add that the chicken egg and cheese on a biscuit from CFA is the best fast food breakfast out there.

Last Crusade is better than Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I really don't hate the Patriots that much at all.  No more than any other decent non-NFCE team.

James Cameron is a hack.  He hasn't written a compelling character since Sarah Connor.

Edited by Bliz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Don't you live in Ghent?  Musta taken you half the day jus to figure out where to pull this off:ols:

They been takin over road lanes to convert to bike lanes in norfolk, I hate it. As a former "bike to get anywhere" on oceanfront area, I'd never trust cars not to put my life as a hindrance to their commute. Now everyone thinks they Lance f'n Armstrong. I stay glued to the sidewalk, unless there isn't one (then I'm at their mercy)

That's why I make sure to head out of town to do mass murder.  I actually live near Ward's Corner rather than Ghent.  It's cheaper, and I like it here. 

I like the bike lanes that they put all around ODU and Ghent and Riverview and Larchmont.  As a driver, it let's me know what to expect.  Also the ones in Ghent are pretty nice and they have a partition between the traffic lane that keeps the riders safe.  Traffic in the area usually isn't that bad so taking away the car lane hasn't really bogged things down.  I wish there was some way for them to put bike lanes in downtown, because that's where it's really tight and a lot of people ride.

I've seen some riders salmoning on 50 mile an hour roads.  They're insane.  And some try and fly through turns and fly through parking lots to try and beat light changes and traffic patterns.  I've seen more than one end up on their face in the road from that.  If you ride a bike, you can't ever afford to be impatient.  And if you ride on the sidewalk, you have to keep your head on a swivel when going by every single driveway and parking lot entrance.  I spend a lot of time in Larchmont and so many of the properties have hedges and they completely block visibility from the driveway until you're halfway out of it.  A cyclist just has to be super defensive.  And even when you are, there are still psychotic drivers out there who will purposely mess with you, especially at night, when the roads of Norfolk seem to be populated by drunken assholes.  My brother in law has been hit or been run off the road and crashed multiple times on his bike because of drivers doing crazy **** to him.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

47 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That's why I make sure to head out of town to do mass murder.  I actually live near Ward's Corner rather than Ghent.  It's cheaper, and I like it here. 

Smart man. 

I used to live some years on the Oceanfront before living in Willoughby, so to get out past Birdneck there was none of that (no sidewalks or bike lanes), I'd pray for a sidewalk as opposed to an access road (I cant hear cars coming to pass behind me and miss my less then a foot because they got it like that).  You right on the traffic in Norfolk, I don't think both cities need the same solution, but Downtown is going to get way more people once they start ripping out that section 8 housing across from MacArthur and behind the Bus Hub.

It's going to be a GD mess if they don't plan that right, and for a city that's #2 in the nation in Core of Engineers list of cities most pron to major flooding behind New Orleans, I haven't heard a stich about what they plan to do about it despite waiting to register to vote in Portsmouth so I could get Alexander as Mayor.  It's one of the reasons I had to get out of Mermaid City, I didn't think they would take that threat seriously (still roads that flood in broad daylight), and doesn't seem like they planning ahead for fact they plan to explode the population in Downtown.

Edited by Renegade7

Man if there was ever a thread designed for me...

"The Last Jedi" is not that bad a movie. It is about 30-40 minutes too long, and the ending of the Rose/Finn subplot is poorly written. Other than that, its a pretty good movie.

The "God of War" reboot is not a "masterpiece", it is hugely overrated, the game can't decide if it wants to be a story driven campaign or an open world game. Also the voice actor for Kratos is unbelievably annoying. 

Mass Effect Andromeda (w/ the latest patch) OTOH IS a pretty good game. I'm replaying it at the the moment and am enjoying it thoroughly. I never played the previous ones and I understand that most fans consider those to be far superior. However, ME: A as a stand alone is a blast. 

Edited by Mournblade
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also,

Now that they've won a Stanley Cup, the Washington Capitals are FAR more special and beloved than the other 3 DC Pro sports franchises (yes, even the Redskins), Most especially the Montreal Expos er Washington Nationals who have only been in this town for a pathetic 13 years.

Edited by Mournblade

On 8/17/2018 at 1:30 PM, AsburySkinsFan said:

Ok, a fun thread to discuss non-political opinions that we have that are unpopular. Focusing primarily on popular culture, food, music etc.

Good idea for a thread. I like it.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:30 PM, AsburySkinsFan said:

I'll go first: The original Godfather is the only one of the series worth watching. Godfather II is painfully slow and dreadfully long and fails by trying to do too much.

Holy ****! Is this how this thread is gonna go? I'm rethinking my original position. I'm gonna keep an open mind and give this one more try though.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:32 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

Forrest Gump is an awful and offensive film.

Nickelback is a talented and competent rock and roll band.  

SON OF A ****!!!

We're done here. Good night everybody.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Aretha was not as great as Whitney, Mariah...or even Christina. Just to clear up the confusion. 

I put them all on the same level more or less.

Personal preference is Mariah Carey.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think I agree with you.

I dont think Aretha's overrated per se, but I do think Mariah, Whitney etc have greater range.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

I've gone into this take several times already, but Scorsese is one of the most overrated prestige directors in the business.  Brilliant visual artist with absolutely no storytelling chops.

Paul Thomas Anderson is also a little overrated, for the same reason.  I like his story telling better than Scorsese's, and his movies are even more gorgeous.  But he needs to be reined in big time on each of them.  His music videos are outstanding though, he's a master of that form.

• Like 2

I have tried twice to get through Breaking Bad and can't do it.

The first time i gave up in season one because I really couldn't stand his family.

I tried again and got through season 2, but gave up because it is SUPER INTENSE for short periods and interminably boring the rest of the time. Every time he and his wife sit down, I start yawning. (also, i really don't like junkies.)

Better Call Saul, on the other hand, i like immensely. The only reason i gave BB another try was to try to get through to when he enters the show. I like Bob Odenkirk a lot.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2