Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox6: Trump Remarks At Foxconn Groundbreaking

Veryoldschool

http://fox6now.com/2018/06/28/995141/

MOUNT PLEASANT -- President Donald Trump and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker grabbed a pair of golden shovels and moved piles of dirt under the hot June sun as part of a ceremonial groundbreaking for the Foxconn Technology Group project Thursday, June 28.

President Trump looked very pleased today at a groundbreaking ceremony for a new Foxconn plant in Mt. Pleasant, Wisconsin.  The 10 billion dollar plant is estimated to employ 13,000 people.  MAGA.

Edited by Veryoldschool
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Led Zeppelin? 

I was going to make a joke about John Bonham’s death completely in poor taste and somehow tie it in to the direction of this thread, but then I googled and just got sad about a talented life wasted instead.

LOL!  All your sour grape talking points in hand.  You folks just don't have any empathy for the lunchpail guys and gals that are going to be excited about being able to support their families working in this new plant.  I guess you're people of privilege and look down your noses at those who are going to view this plant as the vehicle of their American dream.  No wonder you lost the election. 

Edited by Veryoldschool
  • Like 1

How is it economic nationalism to throw money at a Taiwanses company?

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

LOL!  All your sour grape talking points in hand.  You folks just don't have any empathy for the lunchpail guys and gals that are going to be excited about being able to support their families working in this new plant.  I guess your people of privilege and look down your noses at those who are going to view this plant as the vehicle of their American dream.  No wonder you lost the election. 

Thank you, Sean Hannity. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

How is it economic nationalism to throw money at a Taiwanses company?

PleaseBiltz, I guess you didn't comprehend, the company is going to manufacture in Wisconsin instead of importing to the US.  So Wisconsin workers are going to be bringing home paychecks and supporting American families.

Edited by Veryoldschool

Just now, Veryoldschool said:

PleaseBiltz, I guess you didn't comprehend, the company is going to manufacture in Wisconsin instead of importing to the US.  So Wisconsin workers are going to be bringing home paychecks and supporting American families.

So then you support companies like Toyota over companies like Chrysler then, I assume.

• Like 1

And I guess you dont comprehend what the words “economic nationalism” mean. Which, yea, im shocked. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 1

What if, instead of the billions the govt is giving Foxconn for this plant, they invested that same money in education and training to start bringing up a new generation of technology workers to fill those jobs that tech companies import Indians for now? 

These jobs would pay a lot better than the factory jobs and reduce the need for foreign labor. MAGA?

• Like 3

Just now, Springfield said:

So then you support companies like Toyota over companies like Chrysler then, I assume.

Is there some American liquid screen manufacturer that this Wisconsin Foxconn plant hurting?  I am all in favor of Toyota manufacturing in the US aren't you?

He has me on ignore, but It's funny how he is all of a sudden an "Economic Nationalist".  This is what he said in the Colin Kaepernick thread:

I can't envision a healing now because the animosity towards Europeans is so virulent and is so easily inflamed and manipulated by politicians.  I can't foresee a day when America gets beyond it anymore, I'd rather my family moved.  If my sons were interested in immigrating to Argentina, Australia or New Zealand now I would do it and be more confident that future generations of my European American family would be safe.  All three countries have high percentages of Europeans and Christians so a hospitable society for my family if my sons ever decide to move.

Steve Bannon is probably the guy who popularized "Economic Nationalism".  Is he in reality an Economic Nationalist or a White Nationalist?  

Can't fool me. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is this the plant that is expected to take at least 25 years for the government to get its investment back?

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/28/technology/foxconn-wisconsin-plant/index.html

How is Harley Davidson, one of if not the most iconic American brands, enjoying this new economic nationalism?

@Veryoldschool care to answer my question?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

What if, instead of the billions the govt is giving Foxconn for this plant, they invested that same money in education and training to start bringing up a new generation of technology workers to fill those jobs that tech companies import Indians for now? 

These jobs would pay a lot better than the factory jobs and reduce the need for foreign labor. MAGA?

These large sums you are referencing are tax credits, right?  Credits on taxes that wouldn't exist if the plant was never built, correct?  So Wisconsin and the local government agreed to not tax the plant if the foreign company agreed to build the plant, so what?  The only thing tangible that they are really out is the millions it is going to cost to build the road and other infrastructure to support the plant which sounds like a really sound investment because that will mean local jobs even before Foxconn hires 13,000 for the plant.

You're all insincere since you would be calling Obama and a -----crat governor geniuses if they had shown any interest in attracting foreign investment to generate jobs for Americans.  

I'm wondering if building this plant made sense in order for FoxConn to get around tariffs.    

Maybe the Canadian steel firms will do the same thing, buy US Steels plants so they wouldn't be shipping steel to the US

Of course you have to consider the retaliatory tariffs and look at the net impact, is the number of jobs US workers are gaining greater than the number they are losing by following a protectionist model?

These large sums you are referencing are tax credits, right?  Credits on taxes that wouldn't exist if the plant was never built, correct?  So Wisconsin and the local government agreed to not tax the plant if the foreign company agreed to build the plant, so what?  The only thing tangible that they are really out is the millions it is going to cost to build the road and other infrastructure to support the plant which sounds like a really sound investment because that will mean local jobs even before Foxconn hires 13,000 for the plant.

You're all insincere since you would be calling Obama and a -----crat governor geniuses if they had shown any interest in attracting foreign investment to generate jobs for Americans.  

That's Corporate Welfare. I thought conservatives were against such policies?