SWFLSkins

Brian Lafemina,, per Ian Rappaport#Redskins to become the president of business operations and COO

On 5/18/2018 at 1:29 PM, bird_1972 said:

Honestly, other than some injuries I thought DJax was pretty clutch. He did whatever we asked, was good in the locker room, and routinely took the top off of opposing defenses. I agree with team decision not to resign him based on what he was asking + his age but he definitely didn't disappoint.

In 3 seasons he had 142 catches and 14 TD's...That works out to an average of 47 catches and about 5 TD's a season. He also was a non-factor in the red zone. I like DJax but needed more from him. I appreciate his being a good soldier and all the long catches but in my opinion he underachieved in DC. 

34 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

In 3 seasons he had 142 catches and 14 TD's...That works out to an average of 47 catches and about 5 TD's a season. He also was a non-factor in the red zone. I like DJax but needed more from him. I appreciate his being a good soldier and all the long catches but in my opinion he underachieved in DC. 

You make a fair point although I think the average is skewed in part because he was out for a few games for injury (but I understand that when assessing impact, the fact that he wasn't on the field for many games should also factor in)

Where D-Jax gets a little bit more leeway when it comes to having numbers that don't jump out,  is the fact that simply having him on the field can change the way a defense plays coverage.  Because of his speed and ability to accelerate away from defenders, he always had to be accounted for with a safety over the top.  Rarely did a safety ever shade off the side Jackson was lined up.   Just that threat opened up things underneath for Reed & Crowder, leaving them one on one a ton.

5 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Where D-Jax gets a little bit more leeway when it comes to having numbers that don't jump out,  is the fact that simply having him on the field can change the way a defense plays coverage.  Because of his speed and ability to accelerate away from defenders, he always had to be accounted for with a safety over the top.  Rarely did a safety ever shade off the side Jackson was lined up.   Just that threat opened up things underneath for Reed & Crowder, leaving them one on one a ton.

True.