Sign in to follow this  
SWFLSkins

First to sign first rounder, Per Rich Tandler

Posted (edited)
On the eve of their first appearance in a Redskins uniform, seven of the team’s eight draft picks have signed their NFL contracts. The team announced that every draft pick except for third-round pick Deron Christian has signed.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-wasting-little-time-signing-seven-draft-picks-nfl-contracts

-This just after the reshuffling of the Front office. Seems things are getting done and the team is ready to prepare for camp ahead of schedule. 

Edited by SWFLSkins
  • Like 14

4 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Payne's contract is for 4 years, $14.4M with $8.5M signing bonus.

So glad the rookie contract structure is in place.   A very reasonable sum of money. 

• Like 1

Unless he just wasn't available to sign, it seems weird Christina didn't. Hopefully he signs today.

• Like 1

I do not mean this to be snarky - You think they saw the USA Today article? If so, and this is a response that's actually not a bad thing. 

Either way, glad to see the guys signed. No drama. 

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Unless he just wasn't available to sign, it seems weird Christina didn't. Hopefully he signs today.

Was Christina for Christian a typo or did you mean it? My phone makes so many changes for me I can see that happening. But if it was intentional I would be curious as to why. 

59 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I do not mean this to be snarky - You think they saw the USA Today article? If so, and this is a response that's actually not a bad thing. 

Either way, glad to see the guys signed. No drama. 

Was Christina for Christian a typo or did you mean it? My phone makes so many changes for me I can see that happening. But if it was intentional I would be curious as to why. 

What's in the USA today article? 

• Like 1

Third rounds picks take a while to sign. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

What's in the USA today article? 

It's in the Bruce Allen thread, this is the F/O under Doug getting the rookies deals done thread, :rofl89:

7 hours ago, goskins10 said:

2 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

Interesting 

Published 7:43 a.m. ET April 19, 2018 | Updated 2:53 p.m. ET April 19, 2018

1 hour ago, TK said:

Maybe they just forgot about him, lol

Since they traded for the pick? 

1 hour ago, TK said:

Yep.  They get to negotiate the "additional" year,  Same thing happened with Fuller.

"However, starting in the third round, every player is eligible to earn a salary increase in the final year of his contract to whatever the level of the RFA tender. In general, that means a potential raise of about $1.37 million. When you factor in that raise, a third-rounder has the potential to out-earn a second-round pick." 

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2017-picks-salary-earnings-money-contracts-slides-falls-amount-paid/qwzy3vcw847c1ap2mozdkk0jv

:229:The Rook

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Strictly typo, my bad.

• Like 1