Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Michael Cohen/Trump SDNY Investigation Thread

No Excuses

Just now, RedskinsFan44 said:

I also love how Hannity couches his denial of an affair as "never involved a third party".

By the way, my favorite part of this story is how seemingly every woman with an NDA with Cohen was represented BY THE SAME ATTORNEY!!!! Have we all forgotten that part of the melodrama?

There are so many ethical violations here; it is staggering.

31 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It won't mean anything to sponsors until it means something to viewers which there's no chance in hell of.

edit: Now, you could probably convince several million right-minded people who don't watch FOX News but do watch regular FOX to boycott that network. That'd put a knot in Rupert's panties.

What like boycott Fox Sports, and stop watching the Redskins? You're asking a lot here : )

I don't know if I agree with the "viewers" angle.  A lot of companies that have been doing dumping lately is because of the customers they want to keep that don't fall into the Fox News base.  You're right that people have to get madder then they already are, but this is still developing, plane is still in the air so plenty of time for people to jump off of it.

Hannity running like a roach with the lights cut on just made my day.

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

About loan documen, if he stated purposes of loan was one thing like home improvements to increase value of property, but was used for something else it could be fraud and lying on federal documentation. 

That's how it was explained on something I watched the other day. 

My head is spinning so I can't tell you what it was. ???

Is this correct?

jbb1_bigger.jpgJohn Banzhaf @ProfBanzhaf
FollowingFollowing @ProfBanzhaf
More

Impeachment Based on NY Investigation Could Trigger Constitutional Crisis President Trump Could Refuse to Leave Office Based Upon Strong Schuyler Colfax Precedent Public Interest Law Professor John Banzhaf George Washington University Law School https://bit.ly/2qz5xkg 

I have to confess that I really don;t get a lot of this.  

I mean, things like Cohen claiming that he paid Stormy hundreds of thousands of his own money, to sign a contract without Trump's knowledge.  

To start with, there's the fact that you'd have to be a, well, I guess a regulat member of Sean Hannity's audience to believe that load of crap.  (And I'd bet that 80% of them don't believe it, they just repeat it because their team is saying it, and they think it makes them clever.)  

I assume that he is just trying desperately to defend his client.  But was he so stupid that he didn't realize that this particular lie actually leaves his cliebt hanging out there, with a NDA that probably can't be enforced now?  

I don't think I'm that much smarter than Cohen.  But I'm unable to come up with any explanation why he would utter such a lie that's not only obviously untrue, but one which harms his client's case, too.  

You have to remember that these people around Trump do not know government laws, that includes election laws, and the rest. They know RE laws and paying people to shut up laws. 

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. And what they used to get away with, they can't anymore.

Plus, Trump can't hire lawyers who do know government laws. There's always an excuse like conflict of interest. Lawyers won't touch him with a ten foot pole. He doesn't listen and he doesn't pay.

38 minutes ago, twa said:

Is this correct?

Doesn't matter. He'll refuse to leave office. He's proven that he handles losing like a spoiled little 11 year-old... Breaking his Nintendo controller... flipping over the board game... Trying to implode the Republican party with his Twitter.... giving us advanced notice that he was going to refuse to concede because the election was going to be rigged.

He doesn't give a **** about anybody but himself and if he's going down, he'll be sure to scorch as much earth as he can in the process.

edit: That last sentence was intended to be figurative....

I just love Hanity saying he expected his discussions w Cohen to be confidential. Then later in the interview he says never paid him for any of the consultations. My first thought was to wonder what part of their relationship would lend itself to a legally confidential relationship.  Is he your lawyer or not?

It was then that I had my second reaction when I realized he truely is a Trump follower. He has learned the art of not paying the help and expecting total loyalty from them.

I just love Hanity saying he expected his discussions w Cohen to be confidential. Then later in the interview he says never paid him for any of the consultations. My first thought was to wonder what part of their relationship would lend itself to a legally confidential relationship.  Is he your lawyer or not?

It was then that I had my second reaction when I realized he truely is a Trump follower. He has learned the art of not paying the help and expecting total loyalty from them.

30 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

So you've been watching the Redskins then? Then you know you won't be missing out on much. You'll be a lot happier, trust me.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You would probably be better off brah lol

If they haven't broke me by now, they aren't going to : )

35 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If they haven't broke me by now, they aren't going to : )

That’s exactly what I would expect someone who’s been broken to say. You don’t even realize how messed up you are. You know that feeling you get when the Skins win a big game? That’s how normal people feel all the time.

1 hour ago, gbear said:

I suppose it cold also work via barter. Cohen provides "free" legal advice in exchange for Hannity supporting Cohen's clients on his show. Certainly, Trump has gotten 100's of millions of PR spin masquerading as news from Hannity. Hannity has gone above and beyond in ignoring, distracting, and fabricating. I doubt he's doing this as a quid pro quo, but there could be a barter of sorts going on.

Archived