Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could have a few cars...

Spaceman Spiff

...money not being an issue, what would you pick?

I was going to limit it to one, but that's too hard.  I'm not a huge gearhead but I do like cars.  

Ferraris, Lambos and Land Rovers are obvious picks.  My choices:

1991-jeep-wagoneer_100568493_m.jpg

Shame me all you want for being trendy, I don't care.  My dad had one or two of these when I was a kid and I have good memories from riding around in them.  Blue or red, definitely not the white one.

8583521-1969-chevrolet-camaro-rs-z28-thu

A 1969 Camaro.  Or a 68, I'm not picky.

1987-buick-grand-national-front-quarter.

1987 Grand National.

1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda

9966552.jpg

'95 Bimmer, 325i Convertible 

hqdefault.jpg

'93 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1993-jeep-grand-cherokee-laredo-front-th

There are a lot of cars I'd have chosen, and in fact, my dream car is an Evo, bone stocked and then Frankensteined. But if I had a group of cars, I'm usually more in favor of a diverse lineup, with some substance. I have always loved the older models. They are all unique, and separated themselves from their competitors.

Nowadays it's really rare to see that kind of diversity. So I went with brands closer to my heart. I always enjoyed the BMW models of the '90s. Very sexy, and stylish.

My uncle owned a sweet Grand Cherokee that was his graduation present. And I've always been in love with Hemi's and muscle cars in general. Went to Daytona when I was real little (can barely remember) for a car show.

I just remember all the loud sounds, and seeing this big ass pearl blue monster.  Dunno about the make/model, but I remember that very well. Captivating.

Absolute first car that came to mind:

Image result for 1982 porsche 911 cabriolet

1983 Porsche 911 Cabriolet. I learned to drive on one of these, my HS girlfriend's father had one, and he taught both of us to drive on it. (I was as close to her and her family as I was to mine...)  Then he gave it to her as her 16th birthday present. I got to drive it often for a number of years until they moved away and we broke up.  I liked him.  Loved her.  I missed both the girl and the car for the better part of the next decade, and remained single for most of it.  

I bought a used Boxter in the mid-2000's, but it just wasn't the same. Sold it a year later.  The 911 was just fantastic in every way.  

2 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Not much of a car enthusiast but there's one ride I've always wanted:

TELEMMGLPICT000132005537_trans_NvBQzQNjv

And now there's talk of an electric version coming out in 2022. Will I be able to afford it? Probably not. Do I still want it? You bet your ass I do!

I'd insist on the camper version.

Image result for vw bus camper

16 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Not much of a car enthusiast but there's one ride I've always wanted:

TELEMMGLPICT000132005537_trans_NvBQzQNjv

My college roommate had one.  (About the same model as that picture, only green.)  I remember we took it with 6 people to Snowshoe on a ski trip.  I ended up driving because I was the soberest.  In the mountains, you could have gotten out and walked faster uphill.  At Snowshoe, somehow the side door got broken so it wouldn't stay closed.  We tried to tie it shut, but the cold air still rushed in. And the heater didn't work great. It was probably 25 degrees Fahrenheit inside for the hung-over ride back to school.  Fun times.

Honda Odyssey, quite possibly the best design fit of a vehicle to it's purpose. Honorable mention: Military HumVee

212776.jpg

Not a big car guy at all, but I like the idea of Teslas. 

2703_WH_170224_STF_Tesla-Model-X-_33_-_R

That's about it. For a guy whose car desires maxed out at heated seats and side mirrors that self defrost, I don't know if I can think of more. 

29 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

A Tesla...with another Tesla as backup for when it breaks down..

I have a Tesla.  2013 Model S60 which I bought for essentially half price in 2015.

72k miles. Awesome car.  The “drive unit” (ie: engine/motor) “went bad” so they just popped it out and replaced it.  Under warranty.  It’s anout the size of a large toaster...

No other real problems.  Have had the car about 3 years...

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Not too dear.  These are probably the most reliable, over-built vehicles ever made.

I did put front rotors and a fuel pump on it fairly recently.  Took a chunk outta me.

Interesting! I thought the opposite of them. is Range Rover from the same manufacturer?

Dream car:

ferrari-488-gtb-rt-2016-web-0032.jpg?ito

Red Ferrari.  Whatever the newest model is.

Car that is within my reach that I’ll buy one day:

2018_subaru_wrx_sedan_sti-limited_fq_oem

Car slightly out of my reach that I’ll probably never be able to afford but would love to after my second divorce so I can still bang some you blonde tang:

dsc-6134-1.jpg

Beat car for the money:

2017_Nissan_GT_R_Track_Edition_05.jpg

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Land Cruiser is Toyota.

Land Roverr is what you’re thinking of...and they’re huge money pits.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

There isn’t a more poorly constructed vehicle out there.  There is, but Range Rover is pretty bad.

Riiight. Rover Cruiser

The car of my teenage dreams

toyota-supra-yellow-black1.jpg

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Car slightly out of my reach that I’ll probably never be able to afford but would love to after my second divorce so I can still bang some you blonde tang

After your second divorce you’ll probably be able to afford ....

121516-Barn-Finds-1976-Ford-Pinto-Turbo-

And you wont be banging no hot young blonde tangs in that....(maybe brunette though, I hear they’re less picky... :) ) 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

My uncle owned a sweet Grand Cherokee that was his graduation present. And I've always been in love with Hemi's and muscle cars in general. Went to Daytona when I was real little (can barely remember) for a car show.

I do love pretty much all things Jeep.  I was driving a Nissan Altima on lease and while it was a really smooth car with cool features and absolutely no problems, I hated the payments.  I could afford it, but paying for it was a pain in the ass so I got rid of it.

I got a 2002 Grand Cherokee about a year ago, I paid cash for it.  It's not smooth and has had some problems but I love driving it.  Something about Jeeps, dunno what it is.

Archived