zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, HOF44 said:

 I bet the behind the scenes stuff would be shocking.  

 

Like pimping cheerleaders out to high roller fans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2018 at 11:31 PM, Tsailand said:

Funny, but at least VOS is going to have someone to root for come January.

 

Why would VOS not root for the Skins in Jan? ;)

 

Well Kirk was not happy that the Redskins selected him. See here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/kirk-cousins-explained-why-he-was-disappointed-when-he-was-drafted-by-the-redskins/ar-AAzOk3N?li=BBnb7Kz

 

Guess he is no longer upset that he has boatload of money thanks to the Skins selecting him. I bet he is no longer upset now. Too bad he left the coach that gave him his start though. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, zskins said:

Why would VOS not root for the Skins in Jan?

 

Because our season ends Dec 30th.  What, you think we'll make the playoffs?

 

 

14 hours ago, zskins said:

Well Kirk was not happy that the Redskins selected him.

 

What a shame we picked RG3 ahead of him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 2:44 PM, Tsailand said:

 

Because our season ends Dec 30th.  What, you think we'll make the playoffs?

 

 

 

What a shame we picked RG3 ahead of him.

 

There should not be a drop in production on the offense that much. If Guice explodes like he is supposed to there is no doubt we will be in the playoffs. Our running game last year was not that strong. Also, as long as the D stays healthy and doesn't drop like flies we should be good. :)

 

It is a shame they gave up all those picks to get him and not that they picked him ahead of Kirk. I had no problem but where they picked him was the problem. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 1:33 PM, zskins said:

There should not be a drop in production on the offense that much.

 

I don't like to bet against the Redskins, but I think you are going to be disappointed.  Not saying 9-7 and playoffs is impossible, but it's quite unlikely.

 

Even with Kirk, we were a .500 team for three years.  The worst of those was the one without the two 1000 yard receivers, who we still haven't really replaced. And Kirk is better than Alex.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirk Cousins Interview with Dan Pompei

 

"Here, I'm known as the starting quarterback and a seven-year veteran," Cousins says. "So I'm instantly given a platform and place to lead from. In Washington, I was a fourth-round pick."

 

 

That sounds weak, if he wasn't the leader then who was, who else was getting paid $20M + a year.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Kirk Cousins Interview with Dan Pompei

 

"Here, I'm known as the starting quarterback and a seven-year veteran," Cousins says. "So I'm instantly given a platform and place to lead from. In Washington, I was a fourth-round pick."

 

That sounds weak, if he wasn't the leader then who was, who else was getting paid $20M + a year.

 

 

Compare his **** made response to Tom Brady.  Even if he's describing how people view him (and I can understand the context) and not how he handled it himself, it's just bizarre to say when you were the starter and they were trying to sign you longer term.

 

"And he looked me in the eye and said 'I'm the best decision this organization has ever made." - Robert Kraft

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 6:12 PM, JSSkinz said:

Kirk Cousins Interview with Dan Pompei

 

"Here, I'm known as the starting quarterback and a seven-year veteran," Cousins says. "So I'm instantly given a platform and place to lead from. In Washington, I was a fourth-round pick."

 

 

That sounds weak, if he wasn't the leader then who was, who else was getting paid $20M + a year.

 

 

 

Yeah - I have huge issues with his comments and went off on him on Twitter hahaha

 

He is asking for a platform when leadership doesn't really work that way. Effective leadership is natural and inherent, not something bestowed onto you by someone who ranks higher. That reeks of "OK guys, this is Edgar from next store and you will play nicely with him even though he throws funny and talks to himself!" 

 

Sack up and play the role of leader if you want it that bad. Or don't. There's no shame in NOT being a natural leader either. Plenty of effective QBs don't strike me as the unquestioned leader of their teams. I actually don't think Aaron Rodgers is a great leader...but he produces and is a great player. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm not really sure where all this "You have to be a leader of men" deal started coming from. You need to not be Jeff George, but you don't have to be Commander Shepard out there. Just play ball. Leadership is about doing, not talking.

 

Like Griffin, I don't hold too much against him, but there does come a point where your play has to do the talking for you, and if it doesn't, things will be revisited. Ugly things.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2018 at 4:13 PM, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

 

Compare his **** made response to Tom Brady.  Even if he's describing how people view him (and I can understand the context) and not how he handled it himself, it's just bizarre to say when you were the starter and they were trying to sign you longer term.

 

"And he looked me in the eye and said 'I'm the best decision this organization has ever made." - Robert Kraft

 

When I heard what Kirk had said, the first thing that came to my mind was Tom Brady comparison. Brady, drafted in the 6th round sure sounded like a prick telling the owner how he didn't make a mistake. Brady had lot of balls and confidence that eventually he showed the whole world SB after SB. Brady was drafted in the 6th round and become the the #1 so for Kirk who was at least drafted in the 4th should have kept his mouth shut since he felt like a 4th instead of being a starter. That was a slap on the Coach and Scot for making him the starter. The reality is that Kirk didn't wanted to be treated like the #1 because he was so ****ing hung up on the money and probably thought the Skins are never going to the SB with him anyways. I don't wish ill on anyone but I wouldn't mind if he fizzles out of MN and is run out of town instead. 

 

 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It’s a quote out of context.  We don’t know what questions and answers preceded his remark.  That said, when did he ever enjoy the level of support and commitment in Washington that he has in Minnesota?  Certainly not in 2015.  Nor in 2016 when they told him to do it again.  Shockingly, not even after the 2016season when Bruce Allen proclaimed it was going to be easy to extend “Kurt” and then presented Cousins with a turd in the punch bowl offer.  

 

Kirk is now with the team he selected and is blessed with an ownership and management that are fully committed so naturally it feels easier taking control because it’s Kirk’s team.

Edited by Veryoldschool
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

IThat said, when did he ever enjoy the level of support and commitment in Washington that he has in Minnesota?  Certainly not in 2015.  Nor in 2016 when they told him to do it again.  Shockingly, not even after the 2016 season when Bruce Allen proclaimed it was going to be easy to extend “Kurt” and then presented Cousins with a turd in the punch bowl offer.  

 

Kirk is now with the team he selected and is blessed with an ownership and management that are fully committed so naturally it feels easier taking control because it’s Kirk’s team.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

It’s a quote out of context.  We don’t know what questions and answers preceded his remark.  That said, when did he ever enjoy the level of support and commitment in Washington that he has in Minnesota?  Certainly not in 2015.  Nor in 2016 when they told him to do it again.  Shockingly, not even after the 2016season when Bruce Allen proclaimed it was going to be easy to extend “Kurt” and then presented Cousins with a turd in the punch bowl offer.  

 

Kirk is now with the team he selected and is blessed with an ownership and management that are fully committed so naturally it feels easier taking control because it’s Kirk’s team.

 

No the quote is not out of context. He clearly said he is being treated like a #1. In another words he got a wad of cash from the Vikings and the Skins weren't going to bow down to his demands. Did Kirk take the Skins deep into the playoffs? Nope. So yeah he was treated like a 4th round pick. He never proved here he was worth Round 1 type of money. He thought he was being treat like a Round 4 pick because he didn't get the payout he was looking for. We shall see if all that money MN gave him will make him instantly into a true #1 or not. It is simply is that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Vikings made Kirk feel like #1 by doing the following....

 

"When Cousins' parents arrived at their hotel room, they found Vikings jerseys for each of them with their last name stitched on the back. Julie had a jersey waiting in her hotel room as well, and a gift basket full of Vikings swag—baby clothes, including a jersey for Cooper, a sippy cup, a toy football and glassware. For their Goldendoodle Bentley, there was a Vikings dog collar, bandana and leash. Also in the basket were Minnesota specialty items such as candles and coasters.

 

At the practice facility, team officials showed Cousins the locker that could be his. The nameplate read "Kirk Cousins 8." Hanging in the locker was a gift—a Vikings jersey with his name, as well as a team duffel bag with Vikings sweatpants, shorts, long-sleeve shirts, short-sleeve shirts and hats. During a tour of U.S. Bank Stadium, another Cousins locker with a jersey was waiting for him. In the locker room, one set of TVs played his highlights and the other set had a still shot of Cousins wearing a Vikings uniform.

The team also presented Cousins with an iPad that played a video highlighting the team, the ownership and the region.

 

"It's very different from the Redskins," Don Cousins says. "The Vikings clearly wanted him. They did everything to make Kirk and Julie and for that matter, MaryAnn and I, feel welcome and wanted. They could not have sent a stronger message."

 

Whereas, the Skins made him #1!!!  Kirk must have felt that was not enough and should have been showered with gold confetti as he walked out on the field as the starter... lol 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2018 at 1:23 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

Really gonna enjoy watching Kurt crash and burn in Minnesota this year.

 

 

What is your definition of "crash and burn"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tsailand said:

 

 

What is your definition of "crash and burn"?

 

Ryan Kerrigan or Jonathan Allen smashing Cousins to the ground numerous times when the Redskins destroy them in the playoffs. :headbang:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, zskins said:

Whereas the Redskins made him #1!!!  Kirk must have felt that was not enough and should have been showered with gold confetti as he walked out on the field as the starter... lol 

 

So true. The Redskins paid this guy TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars for just two seasons of work.

 

What the hell did Cousins want? A group of maidens throwing rose petals before his feet as he walked? :rolleyes:

 

The heck with him and his ungrateful jackwagon family.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tsailand said:

 

 

What is your definition of "crash and burn"?

 

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

 

Ryan Kerrigan or Jonathan Allen smashing Cousins to the ground numerous times when the Redskins destroy them in the playoffs. :headbang:

 

Thats about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

It’s a quote out of context.  We don’t know what questions and answers preceded his remark.  That said, when did he ever enjoy the level of support and commitment in Washington that he has in Minnesota?  Certainly not in 2015.  Nor in 2016 when they told him to do it again.  Shockingly, not even after the 2016season when Bruce Allen proclaimed it was going to be easy to extend “Kurt” and then presented Cousins with a turd in the punch bowl offer.  

 

Kirk is now with the team he selected and is blessed with an ownership and management that are fully committed so naturally it feels easier taking control because it’s Kirk’s team.

 

5b552dc1284a7.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, zskins said:

Whereas, the Skins made him #1!!!  Kirk must have felt that was not enough and should have been showered with gold confetti as he walked out on the field as the starter... lol 

Maybe Cousins was bitter about Redskins fans doing that weird RG3 wedding gift project? The Vikings seem to have done their best to replicate it lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

 

Ryan Kerrigan or Jonathan Allen smashing Cousins to the ground numerous times when the Redskins destroy them in the playoffs. :headbang:

 

Madden football?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Veryoldschool said:

 

Madden football?

 

Fantasy football. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.