zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (and all kirk related stuff---M.E.T.)

Cousins tops biggest contracts

Kirk Cousins' fully guaranteed contract surpassed Jimmy Garoppolo's megadeal from earlier this offseason.

Want Kirk wanted, Kirk got. Sure hope he doesn't fail the Vikes. If the Vikes go 7-9 or 6-10 in 2018 that would be really bad on their FO. 

Here is a link of all the big contracts with Kirk being #1 and Jimmy now the #2. 

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000915508/nfls-biggest-contracts-for-2018

•  

Posted (edited)

He definitely topped religious quotes at his press conference too. 

I'm sorry but God didn't have anything to do with you leaving. And God doesn't favor the Vikings over the Redskins. I haven't said a damn thing since this happened here because the only place open to Kirk talk is only allowing positive spins on this guy. Watching this made me sick. He's all about the money and doing damage to the league with this demanding attitude to only sign guaranteed deals and not adding more years to his deal so he can leave. Mercenary moves. No wonder other players don't act this way. Okay small rant over. 

Edited by bobandweave
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

:ols::rofl89::rofl89::rofl89::ols:

The article I just read said the Jets offered 30M per year, all guaranteed.  2M PY above what the Vikings offered up front.  Once Kirk's agent advised the interested teams that his first visit would be to Minnesota, the Jets came back and offered several more million per year and it fell on deaf ears.

But yeah, he's just a greed monger out to damage the league.  The depths of despair some of you loony toons will dive into saddens me.  If you don't think every player in the league minus DHall (is he even still a player?) is indebted to Cousins and his agent for how they played this out, you're out of your damn mind.  The only folks that think this "damages the league" are the fat cat owners that have been getting nothing but richer being ruthless in their approach to the players forever.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 7

Yep, it's 100% clear that KC was all about the money since he turned down a deal worth $2 million more per year and signed with a lesser one.  He is such a greedy ****!

• Like 2

Well, Kirk's agent is also Mcown's agent. So, it also behooved him to get Mcown the best deal out there - which was the Jets. So, agent played a big role too.

• Like 1

A large dish of crow is currently being served up for those who repeatedly claimed that Cousins would no doubt be taking the highest offer (some even stating that he would be forced to take the highest) 

recipes4.jpg

-

Summer Crow Kabobs
submitted by Gordon Krause (Crow Busters Founder)
Ingredients
16 pieces of crow breast meat (no bones) (8 crows)
16 pieces of green pepper
16 cherry tomatoes
8 button mushrooms
8 ears of sweet corn
1 1/2 cups of Teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup melted butter
8 kabob skewers
Preparation
Cut each piece of crow in half and place in a covered bowl with the Teriyaki sauce over night. Clean and cut each ear of corn into 3 pieces. Cook in boiling salt water for 10 minutes. Alternately put corn (3 pieces), green peppers (3 pieces) and cherry tomatoes (3) along with 4 pieces of crow meat on each skewer. Use 1 mushroom to top each skewer. Brush with melted butter and place on preheated grill for about 4 minutes. Flip, butter again and place back on grill for another 4 minutes. Repeat one last time for a total of 12 minutes or until they appear done. Serves four adults.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, bobandweave said:

I'm sorry but God didn't have anything to do with you leaving. And God doesn't favor the Vikings over the Redskins. I haven't said a damn thing since this happened here because the only place open to Kirk talk is only allowing positive spins on this guy. Watching this made me sick. He's all about the money..

Yeah when he said commitment to winning it means:  (Jerry McGuire voice) SHOW ME THE MONEY.  There's going to be TON of pressure on him.  $84M worth.  There's going so much more than it was here.  Good luck with that.  Now I'm actually glad they made the trade for Alex Smith.  

Edited by SAli457180
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Peregrine said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-jets-offered-kirk-cousins-014145324.html

Looks like Kirk was right, it wasnt about the money..........

Well, not all of it anyway

The way I am reading this, hopefully correctly, it is that the Jets failed to make their offer on a timely manner. If they had who knows if Kirk would have taken the deal.

One thing we do know for sure is that Kirk didn't want to be here. I feel bad for Gruden though. We shall see if he made the right decision.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zskins said:

I feel bad for Gruden though.

But why feel bad for the guy who won't  "want to be here" after the 2018 or 2019 season?

7 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

But why feel bad for the guy who won't  "want to be here" after the 2018 or 2019 season?

It is pretty simple really. Gruden gave him hell of a shot. Kirk should have worked harder to get a deal done here even bend a little. Gruden made Kirk who is today by putting his own job on the line. Kirk not being appreciative of that really rubs me the wrong way. I don't like selfish and un-thankful employees. 

• Like 3

Vikings better hope they don't get the annual Kirk Cousins mediocrity to start the season like we saw with the Skins. During the first 2 weeks of the last three seasons Cousins had an abysmal TD %, a mediocre yards per attempt average, and a 2-4 record. He always bounced back, but with a LTD like he signed and a team coming off an NFC Championship appearance with Case stinkin' Keenum behind center, a slow start will cause a backlash ****storm.

Then again, Keenum was horrendous in his first game with the Vikes and then fantastic in his 2nd game, so maybe the fan base will be more patient.

HastySelfassuredCarpenterant-size_restri

Yeah, I doubt it, too lol...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Vikings better hope they don't get the annual Kirk Cousins mediocrity to start the season like we saw with the Skins. During the first 2 weeks of the last three seasons Cousins had an abysmal TD %, a mediocre yards per attempt average, and a 2-4 record. He always bounced back, but with a LTD like he signed and a team coming off an NFC Championship appearance with Case stinkin' Keenum behind center, a slow start will cause a backlash ****storm.

Then again, Keenum was horrendous in his first game with the Vikes and then fantastic in his 2nd game, so maybe the fan base will be more patient.

Yeah, I doubt it, too lol...

If we are being fair, Gruden's record in the beginning of the season is abysmal, even without Cousins.  Though, there have been some close calls, like week 1 last season when an obvious arm-moving forward incompletion was called a fumble and ended the very realistic chance of a game winning drive against the eventual SB champions.  But, I'm sure several folks in these parts will be excusing Alex Smith if we start off 0-2 this season and find some other excuse (of course not Bruce Allen), but will completely blame Kirk if Minny starts slow, or credit the rest of the Minny roster if they start out the season on fire.  It's just the way things are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

If we are being fair, Gruden's record in the beginning of the season is abysmal, even without Cousins.  Though, there have been some close calls, like week 1 last season when an obvious arm-moving forward incompletion was called a fumble and ended the very realistic chance of a game winning drive against the eventual SB champions.  But, I'm sure several folks in these parts will be excusing Alex Smith if we start off 0-2 this season and find some other excuse (of course not Bruce Allen), but will completely blame Kirk if Minny starts slow, or credit the rest of the Minny roster if they start out the season on fire.  It's just the way things are.

I'm not talking only about records, though. We ALL know as Skins fans that Cousins tend to start off the season slow, misses open receivers, leaves points on the field, throws head-scratching INTs. He has a TD percentage of 2.3% during the first two games of the season during his time as starter and has thrown 5 TDs in 6 games. That is abysmal. Doesn't matter if the Skins won or lost the game...that's pathetic. He only averaged 7 ypa in those combined games as well...mediocre. Those are not the types of performances that will get anyone the highest contract in NFL history.

And I wasn't talking about how our fan base would react, I was talking about how the Vikings' fan base would react. This is a team and fan base that sees itself as SB bound, and paid a QB a ton of guaranteed money to hopefully make sure it happens. How Skins fans may or may not react to Alex Smith is irrelevant to that, hell, how Skins fans react to Cousins is irrelevant as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Looks like everyone wins here to me.  Kirk got to pick his own team and he chose the team best prepared to win, as he said he would.  The  Vikings won because they got the best QB available to help them win the Super Bowl.  The NeverKirkers won because the got rid of him and the Skins will get a #3 pick next year.  The Skins got a decent QB signed for less so they should be happy.  I'm especially happy because I am going to see Kirk play with a talented balanced and have a real chance at a Super Bowl. 

Edited by Veryoldschool
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/03/2018 at 5:50 PM, bobandweave said:

Must admit, I did prefer Alex Smiths press conference. 

Good to see Kirk is happy though. He played the contract game perfectly for two years and lined the Vikes up over twelve months ago. Well done on not taking the most money on offer and taking a team friendly deal. :rofl89:

• Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 2:06 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The only folks that think this "damages the league" are the fat cat owners that have been getting nothing but richer being ruthless in their approach to the players forever.  

Couldn't have said it better myself. Pro sports players have had to scratch and fight for these big pay days but it's still pittance compared to what team owners make. 

If I were a player, I'd sure as hell take this over the old days of the reserve clause.

Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:21 PM, SkinsFTW said:

A large dish of crow is currently being served up for those who repeatedly claimed that Cousins would no doubt be taking the highest offer (some even stating that he would be forced to take the highest) 

Speaking of people being wrong, after hearing Kirk admit his plan for the past 2.5 seasons was to get out of Washington are those people who swore that Kirk was wronged by the front office now enjoying that big ole pile of crow?

The only person wronging anyone here is Kirk.

1. His demand of a guaranteed deal for only 3 years hurts the whole league when it comes to all future contracts QBs will sign. Why wouldn't an NFL player stick it to an NFL team for guaranteed money like that if teams are going to fall for it?

2. Kirk lied over and over and over again and suckered this entire franchise into believing something would get done knowing full well there was no chance in hell he was staying. This caused so much arguing amongst all of us and had we all known his true feelings the past 2.5 seasons about this team the sentiment would have been different from day one here among all of us.

Sure hope since your handing out piles of crow that those still thinking Kirk is a good guy and some sort of victim here have learned otherwise. He played everyone and sucked the Vikings to that deal.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, SAli457180 said:

Yeah when he said commitment to winning it means:  (Jerry McGuire voice) SHOW ME THE MONEY.  There's going to be TON of pressure on him.  $84M worth.  There's going so much more than it was here.  Good luck with that.  Now I'm actually glad they made the trade for Alex Smith.  

I wish I could take out a prop bet against him succeeding, if Kirk showed us anything at all over the past three years its that he isn't clutch and will crumble under this pressure.

The Vikings are no better off today then they were with Case Keenum last season and have given up any chance that had to win a Superbowl with this team they have now choosing Kirk. Choke City coming up and couldn't have happened to a more deserving person in the NFL. Reap what you sow Kirk. I will be enjoying this lol

Edited by bobandweave
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, zskins said:

It is pretty simple really. Gruden gave him hell of a shot. Kirk should have worked harder to get a deal done here even bend a little. Gruden made Kirk who is today by putting his own job on the line. Kirk not being appreciative of that really rubs me the wrong way. I don't like selfish and un-thankful employees. 

Exactly. Me too. Kirk was given a career and treated the guys who helped him along the way like crap. He lied to everyone that ever spoke to him about his feelings about this team and gave information so that the fanbase didn't turn on him. He choked in every big game he ever played here and was a turnover machine. Glad he's gone with his ridiculously stupid demands about cheerleader outfits, Chaplin's, and his lies. He is everything that is wrong with NFL players and an Ingrate. No wonder not one player he played with the past 6 years came out in support of Kirk Cousins when he left. The players came out in waves about losing Kendell Fuller, who is 10 times the man that Kirk ever was.

15 hours ago, Taylor 36 said:

Remember Alex Smith started off last season playing an away game in New England on National TV and blew out the Patriots. A game where the Patriots unveiled another Superbowl trophy. Does any one still in support of Kirk Cousins actually think he has what it takes to takes to lead a team to a win like that? Never in a million years.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Looks like everyone wins here to me.  Kirk got to pick his own team and he chose the team best prepared to win, as he said he would.  TThe  Vikings won because they got the best QB available to help the win the Super Bowl.  The NeverKirkers won because the got rid of him and will get a #3 pick next year.  The Skins got a decent QB signed for less so they should be happy.  I especially happy because I am going to see Kirk play with a talented balance 

You seem to have forgotten that many in the NFL who have opinions that matter think that the Redskins made not only the right choice to go with Alex Smith but that Alex Smith (someone you say is "decent" what an insult) believe that he is the better QB then Kirk Cousins.

And you forget that with posts like that....what you call me? A NeverKirker? Well this NeverKirker especially will take pleasure in laughing at all of his turnovers and his failures after deceiving all of us for years. And when the Vikings lose immediately in the playoffs because Kirk is fools gold those sticking by him and insulting the Redskins QB and insulting the people who speak against the way Kirk behaved should be reminding you of the fact that he never reached the heights that Case Keenum met. Watch how you label people like that, that could come back and haunt you.

Edited by bobandweave
  • Haha 1

Dan Graziano✔@DanGrazianoESPN

Kirk Cousins' three-year Vikings contract includes a $3M signing bonus and fully guaranteed salaries of $22.5M, $27.5M and $29.5M, fully guaranteed $500K workout bonuses each year, up to $2M incentives per year, a no-trade clause and a no-transition tag provision in 2021.

10 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Speaking of people being wrong, after hearing Kirk admit his plan for the past 2.5 seasons was to get out of Washington are those people who swore that Kirk was wronged by the front office now enjoying that big ole pile of crow?

Maybe you missed it, but after the 2015 season KC made an extremely low offer to the Redskins and they ignored it and franchised him instead. (Which means that you are wrong)

Dumbest clowns to ever run an NFL team and if it wasn't for Haslam and Millen it wouldn't even be close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2