brdawk20

Eagles Trade for Michael Bennett

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Roger.Staubach said:

To summarize, all police officers should be considered untrustworthy and racist.  They are doubly-so if they are from Texas.  

 

Got it.

 

Disabled people can work security-related jobs, btw...

 

Don't worry about it, my friend,

 

You folks from Texas are all right. :cheers:

 

(Your team sucks, though. :P;))

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Roger.Staubach said:

To summarize, all police officers should be considered untrustworthy and racist.  They are doubly-so if they are from Texas.  

 

Got it.

 

Disabled people can work security-related jobs, btw...

 

Again, yall can read that if you want. But no one said it. There is nothing wrong with a healthy dose of skepticism, especially when you are given reason over and over to be skeptical. 

 

Its crazy the lack of reading comprehension yall have. Literally no one said that at all but you go there just so you can feel mad about something. Its funny, really. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Llevron said:

 

Again, yall can read that if you want. But no one said it. There is nothing wrong with a healthy dose of skepticism, especially when you are given reason over and over to be skeptical. 

 

Its crazy the lack of reading comprehension yall have. Literally no one said that at all but you go there just so you can feel mad about something. Its funny, really. 

They live in a fairy tale. Anything that upsets that causes them great strife and panic, and usually leads to casual dismissal. Its what they have been told for centuries and will tell their children.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Llevron said:

 

Again, yall can read that if you want. But no one said it. There is nothing wrong with a healthy dose of skepticism, especially when you are given reason over and over to be skeptical. 

 

Its crazy the lack of reading comprehension yall have. Literally no one said that at all but you go there just so you can feel mad about something. Its funny, really. 

 

As somone impartial to the conversation, you have to remember that he brings race into 90% of the threads he participates in. So, I think if someone else had maybe alluded to it, it might have more merit. His horse has been beaten to death. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

 

As somone impartial to the conversation, you have to remember that he brings race into 90% of the threads he participates in. So, I think if someone else had maybe alluded to it, it might have more merit. His horse has been beaten to death. 

LMAO

 

Breh, you hate being reminded that America has problems. Its that simple.

 

And this Michael Bennett case, making him do a perp walk in front of cameras over something the police didn't deem necessary to arrest him at the time, 14 months ago, stinks to high heaven. 

 

If you can't sit here and think critically and skeptically about this, and get upset because someone bring up race, and it probably applies here, then you are 100% part of the problem with this country. 

 

I only bring up race when it is relevant. The problem isn't me bringing up something has a very bad racial element, the problem is you turning your back to it and allowing injustice to happen because you are "uncomfortable."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, I mean, I dont disagree that @BenningRoadSkin brings up race often. He does. But you will be hard pressed to find where hes lied about it. In most cases I can think of, even if hes wrong, his suspicion is largely justified by not only our past but present history and public perception as well. Thats hard to argue. 

 

Reality is that @BenningRoadSkin may or may not have a "race problem". But where do you think he (we, honestly) got that from? America has a race problem. That he cannot talk about it without being immediately discredited for it is a fine example of that fact. Why cant he bring it up? 

 

Again. Black man. History of problem with the police. Outspoken about it. being arrested a year after something happened and someone maybe saw something. Anyone with an understanding of race in this country (and i mean currently) could see something off about that. Its not Benning thats the problem. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Yea, I mean, I dont disagree that @BenningRoadSkin brings up race often. He does. But you will be hard pressed to find where hes lied about it. In most cases I can think of, even if hes wrong, his suspicion is largely justified by not only our past but present history and public perception as well. Thats hard to argue. 

 

Reality is that @BenningRoadSkin may or may not have a "race problem". But where do you think he (we, honestly) got that from? America has a race problem. That he cannot talk about it without being immediately discredited for it is a fine example of that fact. Why cant he bring it up? 

 

Again. Black man. History of problem with the police. Outspoken about it. being arrested a year after something happened and someone maybe saw something. Anyone with an understanding of race in this country (and i mean currently) could see something off about that. Its not Benning thats the problem. 

 

 

There just isn't enough "there" for a strong conspiracy theory, though. Plus the 66-year-old paraplegic woman he is accused of assaulting is black and is not a cop. So either she is also "programmed" to think a certain way,  she is a "traitor to her race" (heh), the police are paying her a boatload of money to go along with the false accusations, or something physical actually happened between her and Bennett that could have crossed the line.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I do find it a little hard to believe people dont see that this is a little strange. Put the color aside for a moment, If I'm a cop and saw someone dump over a 60 year old woman in a wheelchair because she was keeping them from using an entrance they weren't allowed to, I'm taking them down and making an arrest immeadiately. If they had witnesses, one being a police officer, why wasn't something done right there at the scene? I also have trouble believing Bennett is that big a scumbag. Like him, hate him, agree or disagree with him on what he does to raise awareness on issues he feels are important, but pushing over a 60 year old paraplegic is on such a heinous next level that id hope he never plays another down on an NFL football field.

 

Bennett is outspoken on hot button issues. People have biases and emotions, it's not hard for me to believe that some misguided people would turn a molehill into a mountain in an attempt to stick it to him or get some money out of him. For all we know they waited this long just to drag his name through the mud knowing it wouldn't really be able to be proven either way because it's he said she said 14 months later at this point but the damage to him has already been done whether he did it or not. 

 

I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm saying either way we should wait to see how this plays out and what exactly happened here. That's a serious accusation and if he did in fact do it, it shouldn't be hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Same thing if he didn't do it.

 

I do think it's a little naive to think just because someone has a badge their word is worth more and I work with the police training officers in the academy. Most of them are just people like you and I trying to find their way in this world, but again just because they have a badge doesn't mean their word is better or their actions can't be questioned.

 

 

Edited by Zazzaro703

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

 

There just isn't enough "there" for a strong conspiracy theory, though. Plus the 66-year-old paraplegic woman he is accused of assaulting is black and is not a cop. So either she is also "programmed" to think a certain way,  she is a "traitor to her race" (heh), the police are paying her a boatload of money to go along with the false accusations, or something physical actually happened between her and Bennett that could have crossed the line.

You are seeing this from surface level while others are looking deeper.

 

The “victim” isn’t relevant to the point we are making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2018 at 10:40 PM, BenningRoadSkin said:

You are seeing this from surface level while others are looking deeper.

 

The “victim” isn’t relevant to the point we are making.

 

No, I'm applying logic. And logic tends to make conspiracy theories fall apart rather quickly, at least for those who don't have an emotional investment in having their perspective be viewed as "truth".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2018 at 5:19 PM, Zazzaro703 said:

I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm saying either way we should wait to see how this plays out and what exactly happened here. That's a serious accusation and if he did in fact do it, it shouldn't be hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Same thing if he didn't do it.

 

I do think it's a little naive to think just because someone has a badge their word is worth more and I work with the police training officers in the academy. Most of them are just people like you and I trying to find their way in this world, but again just because they have a badge doesn't mean their word is better or their actions can't be questioned.

 

 

 

1) Almost everyone is saying we should wait until more comes out before making any conclusions...well, except a few here who feel they don't need to wait and are certain they know already what's "really" going on.

 

2) nobody is saying they believe Bennett is guilty because the police said so. They ARE saying, though, that believing the cops are doing something fishy because it took a year to charge him is laughable and ignores a LOT of reality. And just because someone has a badge doesn't mean they should NOT be believed, either. You forgot that part.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, eagles trade for Bennett and he gets hit with a felony.

Then the eagles trade for Daryl Worley and he gets arrested with a felony gun charge.  Cut.

 

 

Great offseason for the chumps.  :eagles_suck:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.