Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 ES GMs Mock Draft is complete!

Epochalypse

2 hours ago, skinfan57 said:

There is an explanation of my scoring system and a link to the spreadsheet a few posts up. Please check it to make sure I didn't miss a player that you picked. They could be UDF in the spreadsheet if their names were spelled differently. 

Here's the results:

edit

Bonuses go to:
Broncos for pick number 233
Falcons for pick 244

First, thanks for doing this. I know it takes some time to put together. I did not feel I had that bad a draft as the =/- indicates, especially getting 3 players exact - even if different rounds. But time will tell. I like the guys I picked. Also, in my defense on Guice, there was information going around after I picked that I did not have that made him fall.

I could have waited for Settle I guess but before the draft he was considered the next class right after Vea and Payne. And I liked a lot of what I saw. He has a quick first step and is relentless. His poor combine did not help him. He needs to set himself for the run a bit better as he tends to overrun them but he is already a very good pass rusher. Collapses the pocket well. They have to put 2 guys on him. And despite being called lazy, he does not give up on plays. On being so called lazy, that kid worked his tail off to lose more than 30 lbs - not something someone lazy does. His production went straight up last season. I bet Tomsula will do wonders with this guy. 

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

First, thanks for doing this. I know it takes some time to put together. I did not feel I had that bad a draft as the =/- indicates, especially getting 3 players exact - even if different rounds. But time will tell. I like the guys I picked. Also, in my defense on Guice, there was information going around after I picked that I did not have that made him fall.

You're welcome. And yes, it's just a comparison to where the NFL teams picked vs. ours. It's nothing other than that. They certainly had more info than we did and some info, as in the case of Guice, came out after. I think you and quite a few others drafted better than the scores would indicate.

We'll see how it turns out in a few years. Who knows, it's not uncommon for some of the top guys to bust or not live up to potential. Some of ours may shine. That will be the true test.   

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:45 PM, ZRagone said:

The portion of the draft where there were the best "value" appeared was the early 5th around and the early 2nd round. The worst "value" came in the late 3rd and late 4th.

Controlling for abnormally low/high scores, the four picks with the "worst" value were:

Darious Williams

Charvarius Ward

Tarvarius Moore

Justin Watson

I feel completely vindicated after taking Watson with the 158th pick and then seeing him go to the Bucs at 144, proves all it takes is one desperate GM to make a mockery of all that scouting.  I should admit though that I took Desmond Harrison with the 151st pick and he went undrafted so clearly I don't really know what I am talking about.

Thanks to @skinfan57 for the spreadsheets and scoring system, really appreciate the extra effort involved here.  I just rated my draft by using the draft points chart from Walter Football to score my original picks against their true selection position, a fun exercise but it only took Corbett getting taken 33rd instead of 77th where I got him to skew the points value hopelessly in my favor and bail me out for my reach of Luke Falk at 100 and Trevon Young at 112.

Loved being part of this and glad to see I did not make a total fool of myself.  Hope to be invited back next year and thanks to everyone who took part for all of their passion, research and humor, I actually think Bruce should hire us to consult next year.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:09 AM, PokerPacker said:

me, too, please.

2015:  Arik Armstead, Alex Carter, Ben Heeney, Tyler Kroft, Jeff Luc, Nick Marshall, Corey Robinson, Xavier Williams, Amarlo Herrera

2016:  Darron Lee, Artie Burns, Austin Hooper, Josh Ferguson, Kyle Murphy, Jacoby Brissett, Nile Lawrence-Stample, Stephen Weatherly

2017:  Chidobe Awuzie, Jordan Willis, Kareem Hunt, Daeshon Hall, Jermaine Eluemunor, Jon Toth, DJ Jones, Samson Ebukam

Still annoyed you snagged Hunt a handful of picks before I was going to grab him with the Chiefs :P

On 4/30/2018 at 7:10 AM, wilco_holland said:

What is interesting is that one of the better ES drafts was imo the Redskins one but in the real draft they score low. So I'm curious to see who was right. We or the NFL people. 

Right now I look like the draft Oracle, but three years from now my class might look trash. So I will put my draft class in my signature to track it. @ZRagone aka clownshoes, do you have any precious draft classes of me in your online database? Last year I did the almost no picks Patriots...year before I don't know. I would like to add does too. 

2017:  Sidney Jones, Will Holden, Tarik Cohen, Jonnu Smith, Devonte Fields, Jimmie Gilbert

2016:  Derrick Henry, Javon Hargrave, Jerald Hawkins, Charles Tapper, DJ White, Glenn Gronkowski, Marquez North, Justin Zimmer, Roger Lewis, Elandon Roberts

Direct Hits:

The Bears with Anthony Miller

The Bengals with Davontae Harris

The Steelers with  Jaylen Samuels

The Vikings with Daniel Carlson

The Patriots with Braxtos Berriors

and finally,

The Redskins with Derrius Guice, Tim Settle, and Shaun Dion Hamilton.

I'm going to go back and check, but that may be the most hits for a team since we started doing this.

1 hour ago, ZRagone said:

Still annoyed you snagged Hunt a handful of picks before I was going to grab him with the Chiefs :P

I earned that Hunt pick.  I think I traded up two spots to get him, and the GM who came between my old spot and new spot (was that you, then?) would have taken him.  I got some tough luck that draft, too, though, as Vince Biegel was taken one spot before I would have taken him which would have had me taking a player the Packers actually drafted.

19 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

Woof.  St. Brown and Harrison killed my score big time

My score was saved by you taking St. Brown because I would've taken him at the top of the 4th, and instead took Pettis who went in the 2nd.

That said, I have no idea how St. Brown fell to the end of the 6th, but boy am I glad he did.

5ae895a693fa7_ESMockresults.jpg.da9fc305ade53d06e98d1509b134b251.jpg

My last three drafts.

2016: I scored bad on the total score but scored pretty decent on real life impact. Henry, Hargrave and Roberts (steaaal) have started. Roger Lewis has started 8 games this year because of injuries in NY (was listed as 4th WR at the start of the season). So thats pretty decent for a 6th rounder (NFL didn't draft him). 

2017: Personally I think that draft is pretty damm good. I had view picks and still got away with 4 good players. Sidney Jones is still questionable, but the Eagles like him. Will Holden started most of the games this year because of injuries, did decent job. Glasgow is part of the rotation in Cincy. Jonnu Smith is listed as the 2nd TE but because of there 2 TE set scheme he played a lot. 

In general I think I'm doing a pretty good job. My early picks don't bust of the 16 players drafted 12 are on a NFL roster 8 of does have started in a NFL regular season game (50%). I have learned from my 2015 draft where I picked Randy Gregory...

If Bruce moves to the LA Raiders, the Redskins can call me. 

• 9 months later...

I am not sure if I am in this year. Last year was tedious and down right frustrating at times. I would be in IF each GM had to submit a list of their top 100 players. And the time limits were shortened for picks. If someone misses a pick the commish could make their pick then. Last year was the first year it just wasnt fun for me.

32 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am not sure if I am in this year. Last year was tedious and down right frustrating at times. I would be in IF each GM had to submit a list of their top 100 players. And the time limits were shortened for picks. If someone misses a pick the commish could make their pick then. Last year was the first year it just wasnt fun for me.

I am sorry to hear that CL...there were moments that dragged but I found it entertaining.  A short list should definitely be required but I would say that’s up to whom ever is going to manage this years mock.

My 2nd worst score on picks versus differential last year ironically was this dude, who was the best rookie RB last year aside from Barkley.  the year before in our drafts I took Kamara.  I was also the dude on the draft thread screaming for Guice before it became cool.  That's my way of saying i must be some kind of RB scouting genius.  😁  Kyle Smith if you read this thread and we know you do, feel free to hire me for some consulting.  I might screw up a whole bunch of other positions but RB I got down.  😀

6th:  Philip Lindsay #209 -48 (udf)

I am in and can do the Dolphins if this is going down.

New York Giants 2018 Mock Draft:

Mock Player / Postion / College (Actual Player Drafted)
Mock Rd Pick (Actual Draft Rd Pick):

Sam Darnold / WR / USC (Saquon Barkley RB Penn St)
Rd 1 Pick 2  (Drafted Rd 1 Pick 3)
Starting Jets QB

Braden Smith OG Auburn (Will Hernandez G UTEP)
Rd 2 Pick 34  (Drafted Rd 2 Pick 37)
Starting Colts RT

Kerryon Johnson RB Auburn (Lorenzo Carter OLB Georgia)
Rd 3 Pick 66  (Drafted Rd 2 Pick 43)
Starting Lions HB  

Duke Ejiofor DE Wake Forrest (BJ Hill DT NC State)
Rd 3 Pick 69  (Drafted Rd 6 Pick 177)
Backup Texans OLB

Trenton Thompson DL Georgia (Kyle Lauletta QB Richmond)
Rd 4 Pick 108  (Undrafted)
Backup Hotshots DL

Kevin Toliver II CB LSU (RJ McIntosh DT Miami)
Rd 5 Pick 139  (Undrafted)
Starting Bears CB

On 2/3/2019 at 1:16 AM, clskinsfan said:

I am not sure if I am in this year. 

Last year was the first year it just wasnt fun for me.

Sadly the same.

I’ll take my time deciding where I stand. It’s a heck of a lot of personal sacrifice to get little to no enjoyment out of the experience. And for the first time, last year’s carnage from one thing to another was exactly that for me (and I know quite a few others like yourself) from start to finish. 

Hail.

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Sadly the same.

I’ll take my time deciding where I stand. It’s a heck of a lot of personal sacrifice to get little to no enjoyment out of the experience. And for the first time, last year’s carnage from one thing to another was exactly that for me (and I know quite a few others like yourself) from start to finish. 

Hail.

My luck is changing for the better all the time. 🤣

As long as we keep the no trading future picks I am in most likely. I am not interested in submitting a list of 100 players. That seriously defeats the purpose and fun. 

i am however Ok with getting serious about the time to pick. Time zones or not, there is really no reason someone needs 12 hours to pick. If you are paying attention, you know when your pick is coming up. And submitting a top 3 or even 4 should not be a problem. 8 hrs is plenty of time for the first rd. Then it should go to 6hrs. 

If you miss a pick, you go to 2 hrs. You miss a second pick and you are out. 

Just a thought. 

23 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

As long as we keep the no trading future picks I am in most likely. I am not interested in submitting a list of 100 players. That seriously defeats the purpose and fun. 

i am however Ok with getting serious about the time to pick. Time zones or not, there is really no reason someone needs 12 hours to pick. If you are paying attention, you know when your pick is coming up. And submitting a top 3 or even 4 should not be a problem. 8 hrs is plenty of time for the first rd. Then it should go to 6hrs. 

If you miss a pick, you go to 2 hrs. You miss a second pick and you are out. 

Just a thought. 

I agree with this, heck one year I was on a 9 hour flight abroad and still was able to keep myself covered by giving someone my top 3 picks.  It's doable. 

Archived