Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins have the rustiest rings.

PapaLazarou

25 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Don't you find it funny that when you go to Redskins home games and they show historical highlights, that very few of them are from games the team has played in for the past 21 seasons?  What a joke.

It's honestly embarrassing.

It's literally the equivalent of Al Bundy's 4-TD passes in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School.

12 hours ago, SprintBomb said:

I hope this one really eats at Snyder

Hope not. It is the fact that he wants a dominant team like we had under Gibbs that is behind his meddling and going after big names.  If you are an armchair manager (like us, only have the power to force the team to try your plans) with a bit of the homer thrown in, you are probably going to be a chaser and instead of looking at things like who the Patriots were after the 1999 season or who the Eagles were after the 2015 season, you look at who they are now.  If this really eats Snyder, we are likely to see an increase in that meddling.  If you want to follow the road map of a winning team when you are bad to mediocre, you probably need to analyze what that team was the last year of its suckitude. For instance, NE's key years for us would be 1999 and 2000.  the Eagles key years were 2015 and 2016. Even with us going all the way back to Gibbs, key years were 1980 and 1981.  What was actually good about those teams? Our 1980 defense was truly awesome, the 2000 NE team had quite a few key players already in place.  The Eagles just did it. Are they one and done or is this like the beginning of the 2000 when they went from the laughing stock of the NFC-East to the dominant one from 2000 to to 2004?

56 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Schroeder was a better QB than Cousins, despite being a dickhead.

You sure you don't want to walk that back? 

Even if you think Cousins is nothing better than average in this day and age, I'm still not sure how Schroeder was a better QB than Cousins.  Granted, I was only a young buck back then.  But revisiting his stats, the guy threw as many TDs as interceptions, if not more picks than TDs in some seasons.  Barely completed 50% of his passes.  He really had one season where he was chucking it all over the field in 86, but even then was 22/22 TD/INT.  I realize it was a different era and that the current rules favor passing more than in the eighties and early 90s.  But in any era, Jay Schroeder isn't close the QB that Kirk is.

48 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You sure you don't want to walk that back? 

But in any era, Jay Schroeder isn't close the QB that Kirk is.

Apples to oranges, but...in 1986 Schroeder led the NFL in yards per pass completion and was second only to Marino in total yardage.

There's a reason we were able to fleece Oakland for Jim Lachey.

Schroeder basically never got over the shell shock of getting creamed in the 86 NFCC game, but he did lead two different teams to a conference championship...albeit he sucked in both games.

As Skins fans we love to vilify Schroeder and glorify Williams because of the playoffs in 87, but take out that stellar SB performance, and Doug Williams' career would be forgettable. DW was a great guy and Jay was an a-hole, and Doug shone brightest at the greatest moments, but for the mundane Schroeder was probably a better passer.

16 hours ago, Burgold said:

It should. When Chip Kelly left in 2015, the Eagles had a decimated and talentless team. A rebuild doesn't have to take twenty years. Five years into Gruden and with a very good QB, the Redskins can barely scratch 8-8. Yes, we had too  many injuries, but it's been twenty years of excuses.

Wow, let that one sink in.  2016, 2017, Super Bowl Champions AFTER Chip Kelley gutted the team.  The GM of the Eagles has one incredible story btw; maybe Dan Snyder should do a little reading and idk, ****ING HIRE ONE!!!!

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Apples to oranges, but...in 1986 Schroeder led the NFL in yards per pass completion and was second only to Marino in total yardage.

Schroeder basically never got over the shell shock of getting creamed in the 86 NFCC game, but he did lead two different teams to a conference championship...albeit he sucked in both games.

As Skins fans we love to vilify Schroeder and glorify Williams because of the playoffs in 87, but take out that stellar SB performance, and Doug Williams' career would be forgettable. DW was a great guy and Jay was an a-hole, and Doug shone brightest at the greatest moments, but for the mundane Schroeder was probably a better passer.

Schoeder also had a decent run game, multiple great receivers and a defense that did not allow points.  He had a teams that did not give free or easy points.

4 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

Wow, let that one sink in.  2016, 2017, Super Bowl Champions AFTER Chip Kelley gutted the team.  The GM of the Eagles has one incredible story btw; maybe Dan Snyder should do a little reading and idk, ****ING HIRE ONE!!!!

Um...many of the Eagles that were on the team this year were on the last Chip Kelley team.

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Two really awesome teams to conference championships.  I don't think anyone equates a good portion of credit for the teams success to Jay Schroeder.

You won't get an argument from me as to Doug Williams career as a QB being forgettable minus the 3 quarters in the Super Bowl.  But I guess in summary, neither Schroeder or Doug Williams were ever as good as Kirk Cousins.

Could be - tough to compare different circumstances, and not something I care enough about to dispute any further. Cousins will likely flourish in Denver unless their roster degrades significantly.

Schroeder looked like the franchise savior in 85 after taking over for JT. I often wonder how that season would have turned out if Theismann had gotten hurt a couple games earlier so that the Skins made the playoffs. Gibbs was the one guy with an answer for Buddy Ryan's defense. And the Skins went 16-5 over Schroeder's first two seasons. The Redskins were 6-5 in 85 when Schroeder took over, and then went 4-1 with him in there.

17 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I have a bad sense we are more close to being the browns than winning a super bowl. Just watching both teams they can tackle and catch two basic thing the Redskins are poor at.

How much of the Super Bowl did you watch? Pats couldn't tackle for ****.  Even after losing Fuller, our D is better than theirs.

On the flip side, they had a historically great offensive performance from Brady and his receivers. Like nothing the Snyder Skins have ever done.

6 hours ago, Tsailand said:

How much of the Super Bowl did you watch? Pats couldn't tackle for ****.  Even after losing Fuller, our D is better than theirs.

On the flip side, they had a historically great offensive performance from Brady and his receivers. Like nothing the Snyder Skins have ever done.

They failed to tackle but at least caught the ball we can’t do either for 16 games. They failed to tackle in the Super Bowl... and unfortunately no our defense is not better than a perennial super bowl contending team when the offense has needed our defense to step the always seem to fail to do so. 

Is anyone hoping they have a close up of Jerry Jones when in Dallas they are announcing 32nd pick and they say Philly won a championship? 

I'm hoping to take some solace in knowing the Eagles win affects the Cowboys more than it does us. 

Maybe that's just me looking for a silver lining in what is a storm cloud that hails poop. 

Jerry was at some NFL awards show, the night before the SB, and made some joke about "the muffled sound you hear is me screaming into my pillow having to watch Philly play in this game."

Sure, Jerry pretty much runs the league, but seems to have some humor to him. Do we ever hear anything from our doofus owner?

4 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Redskins won 3 of 4 SBs  between 82 and 92.Appeared in 5 Conf. Championships. 

Can't really complain for another 20 years. When you get a dynasty  like that,you gave to sit back for a while

Uh, why?  If your goal isn't to win the Super Bowl  go 19-0 every single year, then you don't belong in the league.

13 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Uh, why?  If your goal isn't to win the Super Bowl  go 19-0 every single year, then you don't belong in the league.

Then why isn't it a 10 team league now? Because  that's obviously  not the goal. The goal of the league is to make money. Winning is secondary. 

Can't make money with a 10 team league, so you gotta have 22 losers for a tax right off and extra merchandise sales lol.

Redskins obviously  aren't going anywhere with the new QB. Cousins at least had what appeared to be an arm.

2 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Then why isn't it a 10 team league now? Because  that's obviously  not the goal. The goal of the league is to make money. Winning is secondary. 

Can't make money with a 10 team league, so you gotta have 22 losers for a tax right off and extra merchandise sales lol.

Redskins obviously  aren't going anywhere with the new QB. Cousins at least had what appeared to be an arm.

There is no reason to ever accept less than the best.  I don't see why anyone would be content with winning 30 years ago.

Archived