TK

WP: Kirk Cousins breaks his silence after Redskins trade for Alex Smith

Recommended Posts

I agree with those who are tired of hearing about the Kirk Cousins, I also can't wait until March 14th we won't after to hear or care about where Kirk ends up because it won't be our concern anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, I Love The Skins said:

I agree with those who are tired of hearing about the Kirk Cousins, I also can't wait until March 14th we won't after to hear or care about where Kirk ends up because it won't be our concern anymore.

 

We are still going to be hearing about Cousins for a long time. Every good/bad game of his will be vindication for either being right/wrong on how the Redskins handled it. 

 

If he goes to a quality team and can get into the playoffs often...it’s not going to be pretty, nor should it be

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it interesting that people willingly choose to click on and read/respond repeatedly in a clearly labeled Kirk Cousins thread and then when it isn't 100% agreeable to their own opinion choose to continue clicking on it and responding to it in order to complain about others.

 

:rofl89:

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

What a pissing match this has become between detractors/supporters.  Can we move on, relatively soon?  Whomever wants to, move on to your "new" team, as you were not a true Redskins fan to begin with, regardless or your "How the team was run", "The front office", "Kirk should have been"...."; whatever your validation may be. This needs to stop now. All it does is fracture the fan-base further, and we do not need assistance in that regard. I only care about my team, the Redskins, and the rest is a personal preference or validation.  I do not give a ****. Move on, like NOW.  

 

g9zJ0oSM_400x400.jpg

 

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

We are still going to be hearing about Cousins for a long time. Every good/bad game of his will be vindication for either being right/wrong on how the Redskins handled it. 

 

If he goes to a quality team and can get into the playoffs often...it’s not going to be pretty, nor should it be

Yep, I agree.  If as I hope Kirk lands with a good team like the Vikings and wins a Super Bowl there is going to be a lot of ****ing at the detractors who refused to accept him and played their part in how this has worked out.  The NeverKirkers have been piling on after every missed throw or close loss and I don't expect them to stop if Cousins doesn't kill it at his new team.  The outcome I expect is Kirk picks a good team and has a lot of success and Smith struggles with the Skins for the same reasons Kirk's great play wasn't enough to elevate a poor, unbalanced Skin team beyond mediocre in his 3 years as a starter.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I find it interesting that people willingly choose to click on and read/respond repeatedly in a clearly labeled Kirk Cousins thread and then when it isn't 100% agreeable to their own opinion choose to continue clicking on it and responding to it in order to complain about others.

 

:rofl89:

 

 

Image result for mirror:rofl89:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Veryoldschool said:

The outcome I expect is Kirk picks a good team and has a lot of success and Smith struggles with the Skins for the same reasons Kirk's great play wasn't enough to elevate a poor, unbalanced Skin team beyond mediocre in his 3 years as a starter.

 

And figure the odds of Alex Smith being the 2nd QB in Snyders 20 years as owner to start for the team 3 consecutive seasons, which just happens to be what the Kool aid drinkers are expecting as his minimum.

 

Going to get even more comical IMO.

 

At least this team is entertaining even though it's like watching reruns of Wile E Coyote Bugs Bunny cartoons. 

 

The question is never whether or not Dan Snyder is going to blow himself up it's more about style points now.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

 

 

And figure the odds of Alex Smith being the 2nd QB in Snyders 20 years as owner to start for the team 3 consecutive seasons, which just happens to be what the Kool aid drinkers are expecting as his minimum.

 

Going to get even more comical IMO.

 

At least this team is entertaining even though it's like watching reruns of Wile E Coyote Bugs Bunny cartoons. 

 

The question is never whether or not Dan Snyder is going to blow himself up it's more about style points now.

 

Odds of Smith starting 48 straight like Kirk?  Not good, I give him a 20% chance.  The Skins managed to play .500 ball as Kirk started 48 straight, I don't see Smith being able to manage that either.  That would make a good poll question.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Odds of Smith starting 48 straight like Kirk?  Not good, I give him a 20% chance. 

 

I say less. Smith won't do it.

 

However, thats an irrelevant comment. Totally meaningless. Kirk doesn't want to play the next 48 games here so who cares. As a fanbase we need to leave the Kirk love affair behind us and move on...:kiss-smileys:

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I find it interesting that people willingly choose to click on and read/respond repeatedly in a clearly labeled Kirk Cousins thread and then when it isn't 100% agreeable to their own opinion choose to continue clicking on it and responding to it in order to complain about others.

 

:rofl89:

 

 

my brilliance dead horse GIF

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

 

I say less. Smith won't do it.

 

However, thats an irrelevant comment. Totally meaningless. Kirk doesn't want to play the next 48 games here so who cares. As a fanbase we need to leave the Kirk love affair behind us and move on...:kiss-smileys:

After 45 years many of us are indeed moving on.  It's about muuuuuuuch more than Kirk. He is just the last great example of epic fail of the stench and rot that calls itself an organization.  Got nothing more to invest. Whatever you guys are clinging to will turn to diarrhea as you convince yourselves it's chocolate milk while paying Dan and the Sith Lord 12 bucks a cup for it.  They lost the best thing that happened to this team in 20 years and then had the Chiefs rape them to try to make up for it.  Let's move on indeed. It will be better next season!!

 

None of that was aimed at you, just in general. 😄

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

After 45 years many of us are indeed moving on.  It's about muuuuuuuch more than Kirk. He is just the last great example of epic fail of the stench and rot that calls itself an organization.  Got nothing more to invest. Whatever you guys are clinging to will turn to diarrhea as you convince yourselves it's chocolate milk while paying Dan and the Sith Lord 12 bucks a cup for it.  They lost the best thing that happened to this team in 20 years and then had the Chiefs rape them to try to make up for it.  Let's move on indeed. It will be better next season!!

 

None of that was aimed at you, just in general. 😄

 

Good call. :) I've been into the Redskins 35 years plus so I get the feeling of the fanbase. Or I think I do anyway. :cheers:

 

My stance on Kirk is clear, he's a damn good QB. He didn't convince me personally he could be great. Just my opinion. It could go either way, he may be great or he may be better than average. We don't know. Honestly, we don't know in my opinion. 

 

Our organisation is a proven mess. I don't disagree with that. We have generally pissed around with the Kirk situation. Some think it's a mistake he's going, some like me can live with it. Would I give him 60mil instantly or a fully gtd deal of 90mil, well frankly no. I would give him 5/120 and be very happy.....but he doesn't want that here. That's life. Forget the crap of he would have signed for less than 20mil py 2 years ago....life's moved on...he'd be back at the table now anyway.

 

I'm very happy with Smith. He's a very good QB on a very good deal. Whether we piss the rest of his career up against gone wall is up for grabs. That's one for the future.

 

Right now all I care about is my team. The team I set my alarm for at 2am to listen to games on Armed Forces Radio in the 80's. Tag Kirks arse and work a trade. 

 

:229:

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Yep, I agree.  If as I hope Kirk lands with a good team like the Vikings and wins a Super Bowl there is going to be a lot of ****ing at the detractors who refused to accept him and played their part in how this has worked out.  The NeverKirkers have been piling on after every missed throw or close loss and I don't expect them to stop if Cousins doesn't kill it at his new team.  The outcome I expect is Kirk picks a good team and has a lot of success and Smith struggles with the Skins for the same reasons Kirk's great play wasn't enough to elevate a poor, unbalanced Skin team beyond mediocre in his 3 years as a starter.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZbeoBgFGfII9sKJJ7KSc

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

After 45 years many of us are indeed moving on.  It's about muuuuuuuch more than Kirk. He is just the last great example of epic fail of the stench and rot that calls itself an organization.  Got nothing more to invest. Whatever you guys are clinging to will turn to diarrhea as you convince yourselves it's chocolate milk while paying Dan and the Sith Lord 12 bucks a cup for it.  They lost the best thing that happened to this team in 20 years and then had the Chiefs rape them to try to make up for it.  Let's move on indeed. It will be better next season!!

 

None of that was aimed at you, just in general. 😄

 

Yeah man, after 45 years you're moving on. Moving on so hard that you're sat on ES at the end of February. You're going nowhere brother, pout as much as you like and tell us all how you're moving on, but the simple fact is, if you were really cutting bait with the Redskins then you wouldn't be sat on a Redskins messageboard telling us you're cutting bait.... you'd have already started moving on.

 

You'll be here for another season of mediocre misery under Captain Snyder and his ship of malcontent, just like the rest of us :rofl89:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

 

Good call. :) I've been into the Redskins 35 years plus so I get the feeling of the fanbase. Or I think I do anyway. :cheers:

 

My stance on Kirk is clear, he's a damn good QB. He didn't convince me personally he could be great. Just my opinion. It could go either way, he may be great or he may be better than average. We don't know. Honestly, we don't know in my opinion. 

 

Our organisation is a proven mess. I don't disagree with that. We have generally pissed around with the Kirk situation. Some think it's a mistake he's going, some like me can live with it. Would I give him 60mil instantly or a fully gtd deal of 90mil, well frankly no. I would give him 5/120 and be very happy.....but he doesn't want that here. That's life. Forget the crap of he would have signed for less than 20mil py 2 years ago....life's moved on...he'd be back at the table now anyway.

 

I'm very happy with Smith. He's a very good QB on a very good deal. Whether we piss the rest of his career up against gone wall is up for grabs. That's one for the future.

 

Right now all I care about is my team. The team I set my alarm for at 2am to listen to games on Armed Forces Radio in the 80's. Tag Kirks arse and work a trade. 

 

:229:

 

I think that's something that gets lost in the wash. It's all black and white - if you don't love Kirk and want to pay him the moon and give him your wife for the night on a victory monday then you're a "neverkirker" (whatever the hell that dumb tag even means).

 

Reality is, many of us are grey on him - most can see he's a good to decent QB. Some think he'll be great, others don't - I've literally seen nobody try and make the argument he is terrible which is what the Kirk lovers on here seem to be trying to portray everybody who isn't too upset he's going.

 

I personally think he could win a Superbowl but he'd need a really stacked team to do it - he won't elevate a good team to win a Lombardi, he needs to be on an elite team to do it. We are not a stacked team, I think we have far too many holes to be committing the kind of money KC wants to the QB position. If you're Minny and you're a QB away from a real shot at the Superbowl then pay him - why the hell not? For the Redskins, it's not the right situation, notwithstanding the fact he doesn't even want to be here.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

 The outcome I expect is Kirk picks a good team and has a lot of success and Smith struggles with the Skins for the same reasons Kirk's great play wasn't enough to elevate a poor, unbalanced Skin team beyond mediocre in his 3 years as a starter.

 

It's my fear.  It's certainly set up that way now.  I am an odd duck compared to most on the Alex Smith trade.  I would hazard a bet that I am one of the biggest fans of Alex Smith on the board.  Besides Alex being a good player he's also a super cool dude.  So like Kirk he will put on a really good and classy face on for the franchise. There are a ton of article like this about Alex  http://www.chiefs.com/longreads/2016/alexsmith.html

 

My beef with the trade is the compensation it took combined with Alex's age.   It puts them on the spot to win now IMO.  So they are really going to have to do a nice job to build this team up quickly.  I don't have a lot of faith that they will pull it off.  Hope I am wrong, will see.  As I said in one of my debates on this thread, for me to dig the trade they have to really surprise me with a good off season. 

 

If I had to say what's the #1 thing the AntiKirkers didn't appreciate about him was how the team was on his back.  Redskins aren't about special teams, defense or running game -- since all of those units are below average and if anything they are often a hinderance not a help to winning.  The one thing that made them competitive is the passing game.  Kirk was the main guy for that.   Do I think Kirk could put the team on his back better than Alex?  Yeah.  But Alex isn't a mile off.   Alex is used to top 10 running games.  That's IMO the #1 thing we have to create for him.

 

As for Kirk, I even think if he ends up with the Jets its a better situation than here.  As for their defense, the Jets are top 10 in points allowed.  Their running game is more prolific than ares.  Why are we better than the Jets?  Passing game.  Nothing else.  What happens when you give them a QB?   

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it really comes down to two things, Bruce ****ed this up two years ago and Kirk wanted to date Skins not marry them. Not much a team could do at this point, other than making other plans. 

 

That said, it's not the fans fault Kirk didn't get signed before or now. FWIW, I liked Kirk, just didn't want to see him take up that kinda of cap space for his level of play. I think Smith is just about the same, though, older=wiser and cheaper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, UKskins said:

 

 

Yeah man, after 45 years you're moving on. Moving on so hard that you're sat on ES at the end of February. You're going nowhere brother, pout as much as you like and tell us all how you're moving on, but the simple fact is, if you were really cutting bait with the Redskins then you wouldn't be sat on a Redskins messageboard telling us you're cutting bait.... you'd have already started moving on.

 

You'll be here for another season of mediocre misery under Captain Snyder and his ship of malcontent, just like the rest of us :rofl89:

We shall see.😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who's Kurt. As long as the Skins don't do something stupid, this thread closes on the 14th and any Kirk talk, just becomes a Tailgate conversion. 

 

There will always be comparisons.  Who does better: Kirk or Washington but that will be Tailgate topic.

 

The focus will be on Alex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Who's Kurt. As long as the Skins don't do something stupid, this thread closes on the 14th and any Kirk talk, just becomes a Tailgate conversion. 

 

There will always be comparisons.  Who does better: Kirk or Washington but that will be Tailgate topic.

 

The focus will be on Alex.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

After 45 years many of us are indeed moving on.  It's about muuuuuuuch more than Kirk. He is just the last great example of epic fail of the stench and rot that calls itself an organization.  Got nothing more to invest. Whatever you guys are clinging to will turn to diarrhea as you convince yourselves it's chocolate milk while paying Dan and the Sith Lord 12 bucks a cup for it.  They lost the best thing that happened to this team in 20 years and then had the Chiefs rape them to try to make up for it.  Let's move on indeed. It will be better next season!!

 

None of that was aimed at you, just in general. 😄

 

I wish the people who say things like this would hurry up and leave

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, carex said:

 

I wish the people who say things like this would hurry up and leave

 ITA can't stand "fans" like that,

I think fans should always stick with their team no matter matter what even if they have struggled for over 2 decades. .

Edited by I Love The Skins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, he won't be going to the Jaguars. I kinda think the Jags are settling for a 'he's good enough' move with Bortles. Maybe they'll take advantage of the QB depth in the draft at least.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.