Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

247 Sports.com: Kirk Cousins claims he wants to stay with Redskins

Stevej2016

Kirk says he wants to remain in Washington now the decision falls in the lap of the front office.  

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/ContentGallery/Five-questions-we-want-to-hear-at-Kirk-Cousins-fan-QA-113251686

Kirk Cousins claims he wants to stay with Redskins

Cousins was speaking at a Q&A event on Friday.

"The short answer is yes," Cousins said. "I just feel that it's been a very positive six years. We don't have Super Bowl rings to show for it, we don't have playoff wins, but it's a privilege to play here and I've felt that for all six seasons and I'd id be foolish to say I don't want to be here. It's truly a dream come true and a privilege to be here."

Click Link For More

Just now, Stevej2016 said:

Kirk says he wants to remain in Washington now the decision falls in the lap of the front office.  

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/ContentGallery/Five-questions-we-want-to-hear-at-Kirk-Cousins-fan-QA-113251686

For 30Mil X 5 years all guaranteed???? Ya..I'd like to stay for that too.

What is his asking price? Won't know until the other QB signings start.

I want him back too...for a fair price <13% of Cap

Perhaps with Jon Gruden being named coach of the Raiders they can do a trade and send Cousins to the Raiders and we get Carr.

I only say this because I saw an article saying the Carr and Gruden may not be a good match.

Far fetched I know, but it is the off season for us. :kickcan:

It's not an article, he's hosting a charity event that is a 'town hall' type format and he's answering questions directly with the fans.

Been listening for a few minutes, he actually came out and said that him and his agent are very focused on not occupying too large a % of the cap... 

He's saying all the right things, and he's appeared to face all questions and not duck them.  Everything he's eluding to whenever it comes up is that he wants to be here... no matter what. 

Money talks.  Bull**** walks.

I like Kirk.  I like him a lot, both as a football player and a guy.  

That said, he knows how to toe the line and speak in milquetoast cliches that are saying a lot without saying anything at all.  There's no way he'd have said anything controversial at that town hall meeting thingy because he, by nature, is not a controversial guy.

We'll see what happens.  I am not getting my hopes up that he's staying.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I am not getting my hopes up that he's staying.

I'm getting myself ready for him leaving.

He's subtetly putting all pressure on the FO. And if he's right about Dan Snyder wanting him bad, letting him go won't fare well for Bruce.

So in the end, letting Kirk go might be the best thing that might happen to us if that forces Dan's hand to fire Bruce and hire a real football guy this offseason.

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

I'm getting myself ready for him leaving.

He's subtetly putting all pressure on the FO. And if he's right about Dan Snyder wanting him bad, letting him go won't fare well for Bruce.

So in the end, letting Kirk go might be the best thing that might happen to us if that forces Dan's hand to fire Bruce and hire a real football guy this offseason.

Yeah, but that's logic.  And Dan doesn't operate with logic.  It's reactions to incidents that happen.  There's no planning.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, but that's logic.  And Dan doesn't operate with logic.  It's reactions to incidents that happen.  There's no planning.

No he goes with emotions, and letting Kirk go would forces him to fire Bruce.

Not sure he would hire the right guy after though...

I'm sure Kirk wouldn't get in front of a mic or recorder and say he wants out of DC; that would be damaging to prospective GMs looking his way.

Of COURSE he said he wants to be here! But is that him or his agent throwing out those words?

I still think Jacksonville is his best move; they have most everything already in place to be a perennial contender, except a solid QB.

Weaker division, big time contract, sunny Florida, and a team on the cusp of being the south's Patriots, provided they don't screw it up, not to mention the quality players who would want to be on that team will only make them even more stronger.

The fact that he hasn't already been signed and also no serious chatter coming from the FO speaks volume to an upcoming insult; another tag will make this team a laughing stock [ even more than now ] and its the only card Bruce Allen knows how to play. He has spent his life turning his back on proven veterans, what the hell makes anyone think things will be different now?

Even IF by some triple lightning strike on a pot-of gold surrounded by 4 leaf clovers lined with rabbit's feet and he DOES somehow get signed, the simple idea that the FO has put up so much of a front on getting him signed in the first place, will have any other players who flourish on this team knowing what they're up against come contract time and will probably not bother dealing with the FO and just hop to another team.

The FO has already given a huge hint when they let Alfred Morris go, does anyone have faith that the FO will be able to retain a player on this team who is a budding star?  I don't...

34 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Allen needs to offer cousin's a deal as in now, stop ------- around and sign him or ship him out. We are the Washington Redskins not a one man band. 

HTTR 

In fairness they may have already provided a "big" deal. I doubt it. But either way not sure it will matter if we are to believe Kirk here: 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kirk-cousins-doesn-apos-t-233708444.html

Appears he is planning to force the team to franchise him in some way or another. 

The guys who hosted the event with Kirk said that after this, and taking him at his word... that the vibe they got was that the money from the Redskins is good enough, that it's not about the money.  That if it came down to $ he would have already signed, because what offers he and his agent have gotten are good enough.  

I posted in the "Laugh at the Browns" thread that there was a rumor on local sports radio here in NY that there was a rumor of Belichick being done in NE & being a big player for the Giants HC job. This was on the radio on Wednesday and I posted yesterday morning. This rumor is really starting to get legs and if it ends up coming to fruition I wonder if that would influence Couisins decision of wanting to stay.

He says he wants to win and if Belichick comes to our division to coach the Giants, obviously the NFC East will become tougher. With Philly and Wentz, Dallas being dangerous and if Belichick ends up with  the Giants, Gruden, who seems to struggle in division games, will really have his work cut out for him. Cousins said he's going to factor in a whole bunch of things in his decision and if Belichick is coaching the Giants, I would think that on top of all the other factors he's taking into consideration that that would be another one that wasn't in play a few days ago.

Archived