Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Funny thing is, Dusty said the same thing early last year.

All of these things can be true: 

-Davey is probably in over his head 

- injury and bullpen situation has dealt him a poor hand 

-Dusty probably would have been a better option for 2018

-but if you’re using hindsight, it’s irrelevant bc Bud Black should have taken us to a World Series by now 

1 hour ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

All of these things can be true: 

-Davey is probably in over his head 

- injury and bullpen situation has dealt him a poor hand 

-Dusty probably would have been a better option for 2018

-but if you’re using hindsight, it’s irrelevant bc Bud Black should have taken us to a World Series by now 

- Maybe

- Definitely

- Unlikely--bullpen management was NOT his strong point

- He's done a great job in Colorado, can't help but think what might have been.

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

we chose this life, and are too stupid to abandon ship

I have accepted that my teams will only win championships the year after my death

We'll be the Mattingly of fan bases--debued in 1982, just after the Yankees 76-81 run, 0 playoff appearances, retires right before their dynasty!

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

- Maybe

- Definitely

- Unlikely--bullpen management was NOT his strong point

- He's done a great job in Colorado, can't help but think what might have been.

Re Dusty vs Davey for 2018, it’s been reported that players haven’t responded well to his rookieness. They had to trade Kintzler and DFA Kelley to quell a rebellion. That doesn’t happen under Dusty. 

But most importantly, it doesn’t happen if Nats ownership could competently hire their managers for an appropriate number of seasons. Zero reason Dusty’s contract should have expired after 2017. Zero reason we should have lowballed Black and had to settle for a 70 year old manager. I’ve been beating this drum awhile, because honestly (like you) I’m sick of people talking about Dusty. It’s missing the larger point entirely. 

Davey Martinez should know by August that he can't trust Sammy Solis in high leverage situations. Send him to AAA and call up someone who has a sack. Solis is the Gio of the bullpen - once every 15 appearances he pulls a rabbit out of the hat.  The rest of the time he tries to paint, fails, walks someone(s), and gives up run(s).  Koda Glover goes after people, and shrugs when he gets touched. Might have given up the walkoff last night, but I can ride with him. Solis can GTFO.

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Davey Martinez should know by August that he can't trust Sammy Solis in high leverage situations. Send him to AAA and call up someone who has a sack. Solis is the Gio of the bullpen - once every 15 appearances he pulls a rabbit out of the hat.  The rest of the time he tries to paint, fails, walks someone(s), and gives up run(s).  Koda Glover goes after people, and shrugs when he gets touched. Might have given up the walkoff last night, but I can ride with him. Solis can GTFO.

Koda Glover has proven nothing. I noticed his mean scowl... as the ball flew into the left field seats. Attitude alone doesn't get people out.

Archived