Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

It's a fact that Lauvao has played hurt the last few years with injuries that would have crippled the average human. 

It's also a fact that the team knows he is healed up completely.

It's also, also, a fact that the team knows he can (and will) perform at an above average level this season.

At least this is what I'm telling myself until I can get home and crack a beer (or 10 now).  

I'm also going to look up the definition of "fact".

They said that last offseason after his foot surgeries healing both wheels he was playing injured on.  But THIS year he’s going to be the healthiest in four years....yet a year older and a turnstyle till on IR in week 5. 

Call me uninpressed.  We need a corn fed country boy in there from the midwest. Cumon Walsh or Welsh or whomever. 

I’m going to look on the positive side...I guess. 

Maybe they want a LG that knows the system and will do the right things while they are in shorts (or at least through the summer). That way the group of guys with less playing time can learn from him. Then one of them beats him out and the team cuts bait. 

Just because he signed doesn’t mean he will start...or even make the team. I just hope the alternatives are better than what the team has had out there the last few years. 

I have my fingers crossed for Kalis and/or Welsh...would be interested to see Ty there also. 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Technically not REsigned, but REturning, I see some Kendall Fuller in this young man, attitude-wise, how about you guys ?

The next KF ?

What makes him specifically Kendall Fuller, as opposed to any other NFL player who might improve over time?

On 5/2/2018 at 5:05 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

I guess if Settle and/or Payne don't work out this year, we can always sign the draft crush a lot of people here had in 2015, Danny Shelton, next offseason :):

Isn't Anthony the guy drafted by the saints that Scot secretly wanted? 

59 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

What makes him specifically Kendall Fuller, as opposed to any other NFL player who might improve over time?

I remember watching the same type of interview with Larry Michael and Fuller, and it was at the same stage of Fuller's career, as it is with Harvey-Clemons' career, and JHC has that same look in his eyes ; that eagerness and hunger to absorb and learn - and the man they are learning FROM, is the other common denominator of the two - T-Gray.

I’m happy with thya Lauvao signing. We undoubtedly had a good offseason. The draft was exactly what we needed. LG didn’t play out right in the draft and we didn’t go out of our way to take a guy at the wrong spot which is fine. We also didn’t break the bank when we are planning for the future. We hit the biggest weak spots on our team. 

LG is a problem. But the O line as a whole is very strong and hopefully can stay healthy this year. Lauvao makes sense - he knows the system and is honestly our best option. It will get addressed in the future in a bigger way but you simply can’t have all stars at every position and this is the perfect example. Lauvao with kuandjo at backup this year is not going to break us. 

Any details on the financials of this deal? What we really need is an upgrade in the middle. Lauvou might not be that, but if he is just depth, I'm fine with it. Hopefully we still sign someone. Even after signing Lauvou, it's scary thinking about what the middle of this OL looks like if Scherff is injured and misses time. 

The thing that frustrates me about Shawn’s return isn’t the injury risk. It’s that he seemed to be the weak link on our line even when healthy the last few years. I have read too many times how he plays on skates and struggled. He’s got some movement and power, but he doesn’t win often enough. He certainly doesn’t win on 4th and one. The team practically gave up on running up the middle on short yardage in recent years. 

Sometimes, you fall backwards by standing still. I hope he does well, but I also hoe they keep their eyes open during June cuts. 

11 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I hope like heck that they are continually looking for more LG options, because Lavauo is horrible. Can't block and if not for Trent, that side of the line collapses and certainly at LG. 

I would imagine he's not our long term plan... and it's more about having an option just in case... otherwise we wouldn't have let him walk to begin with.  The idea that a cap casualty or camp cut pops up is always there.  

Re-signing Lavaou is what pisses me off about this team. He’s clearly on the downside of his career with injuries. We don’t know when to let guys go. I don’t even want him as a backup. Next thing you know, we’ll re-sign Hall for ****’s and giggles. Go younger and stronger.

27 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Re-signing Lavaou is what pisses me off about this team. He’s clearly on the downside of his career with injuries. We don’t know when to let guys go. I don’t even want him as a backup. Next thing you know, we’ll re-sign Hall for ****’s and giggles. Go younger and stronger.

Looks to me like a vet signing for camp. Pretty sure most of our tackles are still in rehab and will be missing for some time yet, so perhaps having a vet around with knowledge of the scheme has some short term advantages. 

I am OK with Lauvao coming back on cheap deal. The guy was a mauler in the running game when he was healthy two seasons ago. The problem is he cant stay healthy.

The Skins have gone very heavy on the defensive side of the ball the past couple of drafts. I would think guard and possibly QB would be the biggest targets in next years draft.  

14 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I remember watching the same type of interview with Larry Michael and Fuller, and it was at the same stage of Fuller's career, as it is with Harvey-Clemons' career, and JHC has that same look in his eyes ; that eagerness and hunger to absorb and learn - and the man they are learning FROM, is the other common denominator of the two - T-Gray.

I’m not sure that he’s learning from Gray though.  At least, as a dimebacker I’m assuming he’s in the linebackers room.  Given his role though, perhaps he’ll be learning from both.  Agree with the overall sentiment though.  He didn’t look like the game was too big for him last year, and that was as a rookie playing a somewhat unfamiliar position in a new scheme.  

10 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I’m not sure that he’s learning from Gray though.  At least, as a dimebacker I’m assuming he’s in the linebackers room.  Given his role though, perhaps he’ll be learning from both.  Agree with the overall sentiment though.  He didn’t look like the game was too big for him last year, and that was as a rookie playing a somewhat unfamiliar position in a new scheme.  

On 5/4/2018 at 11:17 PM, NickyJ said:

Man, I'm sorry. I got Josh Holsey confused with Josh Harvey Clemons, as I often do, due to their similar names, plus being taken in the same draft, and plus their positions somewhat overlapping.

In fact, sometimes I combine the 2 names, and say Holsey-Clemons.

44 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Man, I'm sorry. I got Holsey confused with Harvey Clemons, as I often do, due to their similar names, plus being taken in the same draft, and plus their positions somewhat overlapping.

In fact, sometimes I combine the 2 names, and say Holsey-Clemons.

Ah, makes more sense now. I don't know much about Holsey, but I'd love to see him go on a Fuller track then.

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

We have seen enough of Lauvao being dominated to know that he shouldn't be relied on to be even a stop gap.  If the Redskins don't have another LG starting in game one of the upcoming season, you have to consider not getting someone better than Lauvao an utter failure,

Archived