Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

every DAMN time some "big name" is cut and appears on FA Redskins faithful always clamor for them to come here, as if building a fantasy football team built of washed up veterans works. You all been fans for a long time. You all seen how this plays out. 

Redskins have made some good acquisitions like DeSean and Norman off the trash heap. But this is different. 

I am not comfortable signing Bryant to this team. You can talk all you want about how his numbers decline was the direct result of Dak. But I don't buy it. How you know he gonna work out here? How you even know the team is interested? Would he make this team better or a playoff or SB contender?? 

For all yalls information ALL Redskins beat writers i.e. Keim and Finlay say that the Redskins are not interested , or say that the Redskins should NOT pursue him because of what it would do to the cap and younger players. Do you really want him around? 

Yes, DeSean Jackson was supposed to be that vocal guy when he came here and he kinda still was and we embraced him. That was a highly successful acquisition that changed this team positively. I'm not sure Dez can do that. Remember, Jackson wasn't even cut due to performance. 

4 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

For all yalls information ALL Redskins beat writers i.e. Keim and Finlay say that the Redskins are not interested , or say that the Redskins should NOT pursue him because of what it would do to the cap and younger players. Do you really want him around? 

I'd take him.  Since Bruce obviously is trying to win now, assuming we get him at a reasonable price I wouldn't be complaining about potentially upgrading our WR core, which is still a pretty big question mark.  Doctson and Richardson are not locks to be what we need them to be (neither is Dez), but at least he's done it before.  

Not sure how we're expecting Alex Smith to work magic with either subpar and/or questionable offensive skill positions...

Richardson has had one very good season

Crowder slumped somewhat last year

Doctson is still on the boom or bust list

Reed can't stay Healthy 

It may not be Dez, but we need someone else added to that group. He's an upgrade in my opinion. Gets you a solid 2 or 3 years whilst Crowder and Doctson either progress or flame out.

26 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Well there you have it, go buy your jerseys, it's a lock. :rofl89:

Freezing Cold TakesVerified account @OldTakesExposed

Replying to @Theismann7

Gonna save this and put it into my vault. Just in case.

12 minutes ago, dyst said:

If Bruce & Dan want Dez...then I don't want him.

If Bruce & Dan don't want Dez...then I do want him.

What if Dan wants Dez and Bruce doesn't want Dez? lol...

What if TK wants Dez but Jumbo does not want Dez?

JubilantParallelGharial-size_restricted.

36 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

I think it is one year too early to wash ourselves of Doc, and unless trading him, that is what this would do. Forget the fact we have some other potential contributors and growth players....I am all for developing what We got. No more down slope Vets with contract demands. 

I don’t think this does anything to Doctson, actually. Gives the receivers more versatility. Remember, although depth charts exist, situational subs exist, too. There’s room for more good receivers on the team. 

Dez would actually help Doctson.

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

Because fans root for players on the team, they don't root for players on other teams. That's what makes someone a fan lol. Once Dez is signed by any team other then the Redskins my rooting for him will stop immediately. What's confusing about that

So were you saying the same thing when they signed Paul Richardson? Can't really say this unless you felt the same way about him or last years signing of Pryor or any signing other then draft picks. 

To me Dez took a step back when Dak became the QB. I think that's the issue. Not that Dez can't play anymore. Dak is overrated and not a good QB. He's only considered a good QB because of Zeke. IMO

RE: Dez is essentially a villain to a Skins fan. If anything the fact that I'm a Skins fan makes me hate the thought of signing such a hated ex-Cowboy player. 

RE: Paul Richardson - Different because he's young enough to be the future. He also signed a contract that implied he'd be her for a while. 

RE: Pryor - He was a boom/bust pick after we sort of gutted the WR core. Not against taking a swing on his upside.

RE: Dak took a step back - The problem I have with that is that I don't feel Smith really makes his WRs better. Romo did that to Dez and I'm thinking the Dez would be a lot closer to the Dak verson than anything else. 

4 minutes ago, Unbias said:

RE: Dez is essentially a villain to a Skins fan. If anything the fact that I'm a Skins fan makes me hate the thought of signing such a hated ex-Cowboy player. 

RE: Paul Richardson - Different because he's young enough to be the future. He also signed a contract that implied he'd be her for a while. 

RE: Pryor - He was a boom/bust pick after we sort of gutted the WR core. Not against taking a swing on his upside.

RE: Dak took a step back - The problem I have with that is that I don't feel Smith really makes his WRs better. Romo did that to Dez and I'm thinking the Dez would be a lot closer to the Dak verson than anything else. 

Not sure about that. Alex Smith’s escapabilty probably does open up more opportunities for his receiver. Broken plays can be huge plays. 

1 hour ago, SWFLSkins said:

I think it is one year too early to wash ourselves of Doc, and unless trading him, that is what this would do. Forget the fact we have some other potential contributors and growth players....I am all for developing what We got. No more down slope Vets with contract demands. 

I see no reason why we'd have to trade Doc. We seemed to be able to get by with Garcon, Jackson, and Crowder, so I'd think we could just as well get by with Dez, Doctson, Crowder, and Richardson.

As others have said, it all comes down to price. 'But he wants so much money, we won't be able to afford it waaaaaah'. Well, yeah, if we can't afford it, we won't pay it. This isn't a case of Hankins vs. Dez, this is a case of Hankins is on his own planet and hasn't decided if he wants to move to ours yet. Why should we stand waiting for Hankins to make up his mind?

35 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Did ya feel the same way when they signed all of the other Ex boys they have signed before? Doubt it but eh, an Ex is cool with me

P_Rich is younger but he's done nothing to show he's half as good as Dez Bryant. P_Rich is potential, Dez is a playmaker. 

Well good thing he's a JET, Pryor was an epic failure. And him signing was potential. See what happens when the team banks on potential vs going with real playmakers

Well you would be wrong if you think Smith didn't make his receivers better. Two words - Tyreke Hill. Two more words - Michael Crabtree. Both guys that had their career best seasons with Alex Smith throwing the rock to them

Archived