Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Just now, tchrpe1 said:

I believe the Jordan Howard thing is all smoke and mirrors.

nah....he's getting dealt to somebody; hopefully us.

He has a shoulder issue he dealt with last year but other than that he's elite.  Send the Bears a 4th round pick and call it a day.  

Howard is a solid all around RB and only 23.

Jordan Howard and Chris Thompson would complement each other well.

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       31 29 528 2435 15 69 4.6 78.5 17.0 82 52 423 8.1 1 34 1.7 13.6   2858 16 3 16
2016* 22 CHI RB 24 15 13 252 1313 6 69 5.2 87.5 16.8 50 29 298 10.3 1 34 1.9 19.9 58.0% 1611 7 2 9
2017 23 CHI RB 24 16 16 276 1122 9 53 4.1 70.1 17.3 32 23 125 5.4 0 12 1.4 7.8 71.9% 1247 9 1 7

Jordan_Howard_Bears_Ravens_Run_OT.gif

11 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

I wonder what "inspirational" tweet RGIII will write now that he is a raven.  Probably something about flying and dreams coming true or some other corny\phony drivel. 

Look you here. I have said it once and I will say it again, "No pressure, no diamonds!" 

7 hours ago, beachboy757 said:

I'm actually proud of RG for working hard and getting another career opportunity in the NFL. Even if he can't read a defense there are still Quarterbacks like Blaine Gabbert and Geno Smith getting chances to start. So why not RG3? 

The Ravens cannot continue to fire all these OC's and not put any blame on Flacco. So, it will be great and also hilarious when RG3 starts for them. 

I kid you not. Literally two days ago I was looking up RG3 to see if has gotten anywhere after the Browns. I was bored and looked up Malcolm Kelley after someone posted his glass break thing and thought speaking of glass I wonder where RG3 has landed....lol

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet

FollowingFollowing @RapSheet
More

The #Ravens have agreed to terms with former #Redskins and #Browns QB Robert Griffin III. He’s back.

RG3 to Kaep. 

Hey sorry dude I can't hang with you this year during football season. I am QB again. I am sure one day someone will take you back too. :rofl89:

12 hours ago, dswerdlw said:

How about swapping Jordans with da Bears?

Don't think the Bears will take anything less than a #1 pick.

12 hours ago, tchrpe1 said:

I believe the Jordan Howard thing is all smoke and mirrors.

Me think so as well.

11 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Howard is a solid all around RB...

According to Chicago, he is really just what Almo was, original attempts to trade was that Howard does not fit into a WCO-based offense.  Great runner in traffic but isn't really a long ball threat and a mediocre to bad receiver. In any case, our biggest problem running the ball did not seem to be on the running back.  If Jones had been able to hold onto the football, he'd have gone for at least 1100 yard in 2016 or if Kelley had been the FT starter right off the bat, he'd probably gone over 1000 that year. Watching 2015 and 2017 games, I saw a lot of times were the defensive player showed were he shouldn't have because we were unable to set the edge or telegraphed a run.  

Keim's article about how neither Vinny or Bruce have been hot in FA.

The Washington Redskins opted for a new strategy a few years ago, bypassing their usual spending sprees to become more conservative in free agency. So what the Redskins did this offseason isn’t new. But it’s been even more quiet than usual.

Since free agency started on March 14, the Redskins have signed receiver Paul Richardson, linebacker Pernell McPhee and corner Orlando Scandrick. They also re-signed linebacker Zach Brown, kicker Dustin Hopkins and receiver Brian Quick and nose tackle Phil Taylor. And they traded for quarterback Alex Smith and traded safety Su’a Cravens. They haven’t been totally quiet; they’ve just signed fewer free agents from other teams.

...They’ve tried to go low-budget or find some hidden gems. Those have mostly failed, too. In 2003, they used a different strategy, pursuing restricted free agents. They went 5-11 and coach Steve Spurrier resigned. Over the years there have been hits -- London Fletcher and Pierre Garcon among them. They weren't considered the big prizes of free agency, however -- just good and productive.

Of their past 31 free agents (those signed during the first month of the new league year), covering four years, only eight remain on the team. Four of them likely will start this season: Brown, Norman, safety D.J. Swearinger and tight end Vernon Davis.

...The point: Signing free agents hasn’t provided enough bang in a long time for the Redskins. But this has been an unusually small group (so far). It will still be far better than their 2008 class, in which none of the signees even made the final roster.

This means, though, that Washington must rely on other factors to improve after a 7-9 season, such as better health and the development of young players, several of whom had to play last season because of injuries. The Redskins also are confident Smith will be better than the departed Kirk Cousins. Time will tell.

Free agency hasn’t ended, of course. In the past, the Redskins added players such as Brown, Jackson and Norman later in the offseason. Ultimately, they just need to win. If they do, their approach will be singled out -- as it will be if they don't.

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/36176/redskins-patient-approach-must-pay-off-in-wins

I have noted that FA itself seems to be a little slower over the whole NFL. I suspect that teams have realized that most players who become unrestricted FAs become unrestricted because they aren't really worth the money they are demanding. The Redskins have done better at the margin with second, third tier and street FAs than top end guys.

Just listened to Russell.  According to him, Bruce and Jay have had some rows about what's gone down with personnel this off season -- disagreements.  Though its nothing over the top-crazy.

Bring that back to Jay's interview with Cooley he did say that every year he doesn't get guys that he wants in FA.  He said it in his typical good natured way where you can't always get what you want.

Maybe it's all nothing but I am making that point to say its pretty clear that Bruce-Jay aren't joined at the hip on personnel making these decisions in unison all the time.

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just listened to Russell.  According to him, Bruce and Jay have had some rows about what's gone down with personnel this off season -- disagreements.  Though its nothing over the top-crazy.

Bring that back to Jay's interview with Cooley he did say that every year he doesn't get guys that he wants in FA.  He said it in his typical good natured way where you can't always get what you want.

Maybe it's all nothing but I am making that point to say its pretty clear that Bruce-Jay aren't joined at the hip on personnel making these decisions in unison all the time.

Yeah, I remember that he specifically mentioned that he hated to see guys like Niles Paul and Trent Murphy go in that Cooley interview.  Also hated losing Fuller, but he knows that's the price you have to pay for a franchise QB.  If it's just those guys, I'd actually have to agree with what Bruce did in this situation (except for Fuller).  McPhee is a solid, and much cheaper, replacement for Murphy and Niles Paul only really had value on special teams.  I'm sure it's more than just those guys though; I'd bet anything one of those rows was about Jay losing his golden child, Ryan Grant :)

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thanks for the info. I think if you watch this team closely enough, it's pretty obvious it's dysfunctional. 

Archived