Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Tired of Flacco's lack of mobility?  Anyone want to start the RG3 thread on the Ravens board?

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowingFollowing @RapSheet
More

The #Ravens have agreed to terms with former #Redskins and #Browns QB Robert Griffin III. He’s back.

17 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Whats interesting is that this interview gave almost a 180 degree difference in vibe from the Chris Russell interview on 1067.

I listened to both.  how so?

I just got a feel for how Jay operates. He talked about the Smith trade, the concept of him not knowing, Smith being kinda what he looks for in a QB, hates losing Fuller but its the price of a QB who's not on the market right now, how he evaluates people, watches film, how videos are easier now than years back, watching youtube on guys, etc.

It was so much more about how the day to day Jay operates in the offseason, kinda got a feel like things are running smoothly at Redskins Park. THen I switch stations and hear Chris Russell saying Snyder's pissed and about to fire somebody if we don't win soon. (and I'll admit that this kinda supports your theory over mine).

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tired of Flacco's lack of mobility?  Anyone want to start the RG3 thread on the Ravens board?

More

The #Ravens have agreed to terms with former #Redskins and #Browns QB Robert Griffin III. He’s back.

:rofl89:

I guess the Ravens are in tank mode

20 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I just got a feel for how Jay operates. He talked about the Smith trade, the concept of him not knowing, Smith being kinda what he looks for in a QB, hates losing Fuller but its the price of a QB who's not on the market right now, how he evaluates people, watches film, how videos are easier now than years back, watching youtube on guys, etc.

It was so much more about how the day to day Jay operates in the offseason, kinda got a feel like things are running smoothly at Redskins Park. THen I switch stations and hear Chris Russell saying Snyder's pissed and about to fire somebody if we don't win soon. (and I'll admit that this kinda supports your theory over mine).

Jay was just explaining the process of how he goes about his business.  He's laid back, funny and likable in explaining it like he typically is.  As some have said, he's the perfect coach for this team because he can shrug off tension and just go about his business.

Russell's segment really has nothing to do with him having a beef with the process.  Russell was saying Dan is frustrated by mistakes that have happened with Bruce leading the way coupled with all the PR mishaps. 

It was two different subjects.  But if your point is Jay acts like everything is honky dory. I agree.  But that's his personality.  Cooley really didn't delve into any of the issues Russell brought up.

Keep in mind, Russell isn't the first guy to bring up the subject as to Bruce.  Jerry Brewer also ran a story on this months back.  Beat guys including Keim think this is likely a make or break season for Bruce -- and probably for Jay, too. 

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh man I’m looking forward to the preseason game against the ravens this summer ? I’m hoping griffin sees some playing time so we can get a few interceptions, maybe some sacks as well :P 

I’m too lazy to google our preseason schedule, but it goes like this. If we are playing the Ravens preseason week one, then yeah, he might get some playing time. If it’s any week after, he’s already going to be injured probably ?

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keep in mind, Russell isn't the first guy to bring up the subject as to Bruce.  Jerry Brewer also ran a story on this months back.  Beat guys including Keim think this is likely a make or break season for Bruce -- and probably for Jay, too. 

If this report is true, it may mean Jay has a little more leeway then we think given that the perception by Dan is Bruce is bungling things.  I hope this to be the case anyways, would like to keep the consistency at the coaching level for now.

Jay also said when he got here, we didnt have cut up film ready. If he wanted to watch a running backs pass pro, he had to watch the game and hope to see some pass pro snaps. 

Now, he sd they have it all cut up and edited so he can see just pass pro plays, etc ... 

He came here in 2014. WE DIDNT HAVE EDITED FILM IN 2014????? I really hope it was just for  college kids. I cant imagine we didnt have situational film cut ups of eagles on 3rd and long, etc. for weekly game prep. 

Jay is not the problem. Bruce is the problem. If Dan is so stupid as to put the blame on Jay this team will never win again while he is the owner. The fact that Bruce is still employed to me is a joke. Bruce never could get his starting QBs name right. What other owner in professional football would keep that idiot on the staff after all of the missteps he had taken? Even the Browns aren’t that stupid. Jay should never be a fall guy for Bruce. One should be fired and if the owner had half a mind Bruce would have been fired a long time ago imo. Anyway sorry for posting this opinion but Jay is a good coach and we are lucky to have him

4 hours ago, Hogs 1991 said:

To those of you who thinks Jordan Reed is Mister Glass, obviously never heard of Malcolm Kelly.

Kelly’s not still riding our bench,eating up cap money and taking up a spot for a quality player!!

57 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

More

Holy ****. I would have bet every penny in TK's bank account that RG3 was finished and would never suit up again.

Ravens must be absolutely desperate. :rofl89:

32 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

Something about being a proud pea**** and needing to fly.

rg3.jpg

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

Whats interesting is that this interview gave almost a 180 degree difference in vibe from the Chris Russell interview on 1067.

Was it this one? I don’t listen to 106.7 because they don’t podcast and I’m in Texas

https://thefandc.radio.com/jay-gruden-redskins-running-back-nfl-draft

Just listened to that very different interviews, that was more Xs and Os then the one with Cooley for sure

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Holy ****. I would have bet every penny in TK's bank account that RG3 was finished and would never suit up again.

Ravens must be absolutely desperate. :rofl89:

Whats crazy is the Ravens ended up with two of the top three draft picks from 2012. They didn’t get the memo that Trent Richardson and Griffin were garbage

54 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

If this report is true, it may mean Jay has a little more leeway then we think given that the perception by Dan is Bruce is bungling things.  I hope this to be the case anyways, would like to keep the consistency at the coaching level for now.

Getting off topic, but I’d hope if Snyder replaces Allen, he recommends Jay for another year - gives the new GM a ‘practice’ year and let’s them see Jay in action first hand.  

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Getting off topic, but I’d hope if Snyder replaces Allen, he recommends Jay for another year - gives the new GM a ‘practice’ year and let’s them see Jay in action first hand.  

You gotta let a new GM pick his own guy.  If he wants to retain Jay, fine, but retaining the coach can’t be a term in the GM hiring process. 

52 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

Really, since when is a pea**** a bad word

peac0ck

peec0ck

You’re welcome to pea, we just don’t wanna hear about your ****.  

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You gotta let a new GM pick his own guy.  If he wants to retain Jay, fine, but retaining the coach can’t be a term in the GM hiring process. 

Oh, I agree, that’s why I say recommend.  

13 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

You’re welcome to pea, we just don’t wanna hear about your ****.  

Oh, I agree, that’s why I say recommend.  

When the coach is serviceable and competent,keep him in place for a year or two and mutualy agree on building a roster to at least some degree..if it doesn’t work out then find the GM’s “guy” and he’s already started putting the players he wants in place in the mean time!!..Jay is a football guy from a football family,I don’t think you waste that type of guy on just the premise that the FO in place ain’t got a clue on how to work deals and land talent..I totally agree that we need a legitimate GENERAL MANAGER in place,and much sooner than later in order to maintain any type of quality!!!

Another vote for Jay and not just because I think he is the best coach we have had here since the original go around with Gibbs  I admit that is not saying much as we have hired some hot garbage in the last 25 years but Jay is smart with a good offensive mind and seems good at handing the political BS and the big egos in the locker room which is no easy feat.

Mostly though I think letting Jay go after this season would be insanity after trading for Alex Smith and giving him a long term deal to be the guy for the next 3 years at least.  If we want value for money on that contract then we need to stay the course and keep Alex in the same system and see if we can build something.  I understand if things fall apart and we win 2 games then probably it is all over but failing that I would say Jay's fate should be tied to his QB rather than the President/GM/Harvest Fest organizer.

Archived