Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

More primaries tonight.

One interesting primary on the GOP side is for the Arkansas governors race. Current governor Asa Hutchinson is being challenged from a far right nutjob named Jan Morgan.

Morgan is openly racist and has received lots of support and endorsements from white supremacist organizations. She is expected to land somewhere between 30-40% of the vote in the primary from Republican voters.

But of course, we are not allowed to call these voters racists because it hurts their feelings.

7 hours ago, No Excuses said:

More primaries tonight.

One interesting primary on the GOP side is for the Arkansas governors race. Current governor Asa Hutchinson is being challenged from a far right nutjob named Jan Morgan.

Morgan is openly racist and has received lots of support and endorsements from white supremacist organizations. She is expected to land somewhere between 30-40% of the vote in the primary from Republican voters.

But of course, we are not allowed to call these voters racists because it hurts their feelings.

Come on now - not allowed? That has never stopped you before.  But to be consistent with your past practices you need to not only call them racists but also everyone who votes for Hutchinson too and ultimately all those who don't vote for whoever Hutchinson faces in November.

A big part of this blue wave is the women’s wave and it’ll be interesting to see how that wave changes the political landscape in the next 12 or so years. This is the first time women make up over 40% of the nominations in the house for the Democratic Party. If those numbers sustain or increase that will have an impact on the tone of policy. 

Also, im not buying those generic polls too much. I see that as more illustrating the sentiment of each established party and those results will change when you out a name and face on either side. Personally, I think the non-establishment Democrats focusing on decency and the betterment of their community will beat those margins. 

So I read that article about Nate Boulton, who's a Democrat. My impression is that he's trying to make the argument that workplace harassment (which he's not accused of in the article) and social situations (happened in bars while drinking. 

To women, there's really no difference, sexual harassment is sexual harassment no matter the setting. Rubbing one's erect penis on someone's thigh or touching someone's buttocks, without explicit consent is sexual harassment.

Sorry, Nate, can't split this hair.

Wish I believed there was this "wave" coming. I guess like DC sports, I won't believe it until it happens. Over the last handful of elections it feels like more and more people will vote against their own self interests and common sense. Instead the emotion and anger is so intense. 

I'm not even sure if there are more people in the center and left who will show up to vote. 

Archived