petedaddy

Six In A Row...Or We Blow??

1 hour ago, ddub52 said:

With our new group of scrub o lineman we seem to be able to run the ball effectively. Let's hope that continues and ride it to a paloff berth  

I think these scrub linemen are taking full advantage of the opportunity to play.  Our starters are pretty good but our backups will probably play their hardest EVERY play relishing this rare opportunity.  It only makes us better as a team because it deepens the backups experience and also puts fire under those who are starting.

Competition brings out the best in everybody!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

If your boy Sack Prescott keeps playing like the past 3 games he might get Romo out of the booth. 

Kerrigan might set the sack record next Thursday.

4 hours ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

I think these scrub linemen are taking full advantage of the opportunity to play.  Our starters are pretty good but our backups will probably play their hardest EVERY play relishing this rare opportunity.  It only makes us better as a team because it deepens the backups experience and also puts fire under those who are starting.

It is interesting. When the announcers put up the clock you could see that Kirk was still routinely getting 3+ seconds to pass. The run game is suffering and has been all year, but at the same time we just churned out our second hundred yard game.

28 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It is interesting. When the announcers put up the clock you could see that Kirk was still routinely getting 3+ seconds to pass. The run game is suffering and has been all year, but at the same time we just churned out our second hundred yard game.

Against any team other than the Giants, meaning one that can score points, Kirk would have ended the game as the leading rusher. Perine had 3 yards in the first half. 

Vs Dallas they should be able to keep on running it because Dak isn't going to put up 10 on his own.

8 hours ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

I highly doubt that.  Chargers and Dallas are really below average teams and I think we will easily handle them.  As a matter of fact, I do believe running the table will be fairly easy because the rest of our schedule is full of bums imo.

Lay off the sauce guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Not saying the redskins are any good, but none of the teams outside of San Diego can score 25+ with ease.  Neither of the teams down the stretch has a RB that can pound the rock for 25+ either.  Those two factors will get us to 9-7 or 10-6

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The Chargers are straight nasty right now.

Agreed.  They looked really good yesterday.  Rivers played an excellent game.  Of all the games left, the Chargers one scares me the most.

Chargers are kinda like the AFC's Redskins. They blew some games they could have/should have won and had some injuries but are playing much better now. They're much better than their record.

• Like 3

On 11/22/2017 at 10:59 PM, petedaddy said:

I have officially psyched myself out for an epic Redskins paloff run

How can someone set themselves up for even more disappointment after the New Orleans meltdown you may ask, well if there is anything the Redskins have been exceptional at during the 25 years of misery, it is going on epic end of season paloff runs

For anyone who doesn't know, here's how the season wraps up...

vs Giants

at Cowboys

at Chargers

vs Cardinals

vs Broncos

at Giants

Sounds like 10-6 to me!!

We have a great day of football tomorrow where we have a great opportunity to gain ground on two of the teams ahead of us with a Vikings win and Chargers win

These are the teams in front of us:

Through End of Week 11

Wildcard 1 - Panthers 7-3

Wildcard 2 - Falcons 6-4

Lions - 6-4

Seahawks - 6-4

Packers - 5-5

Cowboys - 5-5

Here's how I see it playing out

Prediction for Win 1 - the Giants just had their Super Bowl win with their victory over the Chiefs...the players still know they aren't going anywhere this year...the game will be relatively tight early, but the Skins will pull away for a comfortable victory

Prediction for Win 2 - after the Chargers beat the Cowboys tomorrow, they will officially be in panic mode...Jerry Jones will threaten to sue the league if they don't allow the Cowboys to replay all of their games with Zeke...a week of chaos ensues and we slip into Dallas and eke out a win

Prediction for Win 3 - starting to ride a little high with two straight wins, we had to LA to play the Chargers where it will be a better homefield advantage for us than FedEx...the Chargers will be feeling a little too good about themselves and we'll take another win with a Kirk Cousins 4th quarter drive

Prediction for Win 4 - feeling really good about ourselves we handle our business against the Cardinals and whatever washed up corpse they have playing QB that week

Prediction for Win 5 - the Broncos, who are used to making real playoff runs, are too disinterested to muster up any real challenge...Paxton Lynch gets it to within one score late but we pick up a first down throwing the ball and run out the clock

Prediction for Win 6 - a Redskins team needing a win for a playoff spot faces a Giants team with nothing to play for in the last game of the regular season (sound familiar) this time Captain Kirk exorcises his demons from last season and we win comfortably

So...let's call it right now

Who's going for Six in a Row and who's going for We Blow????

Also Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Redskins Nation!!!

yeah, Six in a row

Edited by skinsfan35yrs.
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Lay off the sauce guy.

Nobody is on any sauce, but I know who's on the remainder of our schedule.  Instead of wasting time trying to get a laugh with a weak comment, just state why you dont believe they could run the table.

I have faith we can run the table from whats left on the schedule.  State why you dont believe we can and which one of the teams left are you afraid we cant easily handle?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Paul Cumberland said:

Agreed.  They looked really good yesterday.  Rivers played an excellent game.  Of all the games left, the Chargers one scares me the most.

You do realize Dallas has been blown out the last 2 times before they played the Chargers right?  Thats not a coincidence.

Its also not a coincidence that Phillip Rivers carved up their defense like a turkey, I even predicted they would blow Dallas out AND I predicted Rivers would be able to easily slice through that jv level secondary in the game thread before it even started.

That doesn't worry me at all because Norman can stick to Allen all day.  Rivers isn't capable of slicing through our defense like that because we have better personnel than Dallas does on that side of the ball.  The Chargers don't scare anybody, they are fool's gold.

Edited by LavarArringtonMachine

Maybe they are fool's gold. But Rivers s no newbie around here. Guy can play.

From what is left on our schedule they are the best team left.

They and the Cardinals... Don't like this game, I've got bad memories of them from last year. Hopefully this isn't the same team but still...

18 hours ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Cowgirls, you're next !!

Sure hope so cause I’ll actually be at that game. First time I’ve ever been to an away game... pretty pumped.

Look for me on TV... I’m starting at left guard.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I wish we wouldn't talk about 6 in a row. This team can't even take 2 steps w/out tripping over it's own feet. 

52 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Look for me on TV... I’m starting at left guard.

That's a good one coach. What number will you be wearing? 

3_little_pigskins_uniforms.jpg?width=290

OK,

Looking at the paloff picture, it's not as dreary as when we lost at NO.  A lot of things have broken in our direction.

Looks like Carolina is good shape for Wildcard #1

but Wildcard #2, we have a legit chance because the cowboys suck, we own the tiebreaker with the Seahawks, and the Lions... well...

I am still on the palooff bandwagon.

tumblr_mfdy2vdgU41rujpd6o1_500.gif

5 hours ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

I was really with you until I read prediction 5 " we will pick up a first down throwing the ball and run out the clock"  Now you are pushing it. lol

You might want to edit your post.The mods frown on folks quoting large blocks of text for just a one sentence reply.

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

6 hours ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

Nobody is on any sauce, but I know who's on the remainder of our schedule.  Instead of wasting time trying to get a laugh with a weak comment, just state why you dont believe they could run the table.

I have faith we can run the table from whats left on the schedule.  State why you dont believe we can and which one of the teams left are you afraid we cant easily handle?

You're new here aren't you...lighten up.

Anyway this franchise has consistently shown it cannot string together wins save a few rare seasons. Combine that with the fact that we have multiple division games left, an injured roster, and that we are who we are, the odds of a 6-0 finish is slim at best.

Winning 6 straight with backups is a hard ask for anyone. If we can rise up and beat Seattle, we can lose to the Giants on the road, or the hot Chargers etc.

6 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

They and the Cardinals... Don't like this game, I've got bad memories of them from last year. Hopefully this isn't the same team but still...

Man DJ Swearinger messed us up last year, very happy he's on our team this time! 

On 11/24/2017 at 3:33 AM, SkinsFTW said:

If your boy Sack Prescott keeps playing like the past 3 games he might get Romo out of the booth. 

Kerrigan might set the sack record next Thursday.

Did Dak get traded to us?  Nah...  he didnt and Ive never met him personally lil' guy, so nah...  he aint my boy.  Nice try though kid!  

And yes you are right!  Kerrigan should probably be able to set the sack record especially going up against a wounded Tyron Smith on one side and some other guy on the other side of the offensive line.

As far as Romo coming out of retirement, that would be a great thing for the whole NFCE because they would be worse than they are now.  

21 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

You might want to edit your post.The mods frown on folks quoting large blocks of text for just a one sentence reply.

thanks, hopefully my edit is sufice

• Like 1