Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread Skins at Saints

TK

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Honestly, I don't blame anyone for packing up and leaving. It's been 20 years for misery for me with very few highlights. Isn't that enough? 

I'm not watching another game this season, but I'm sure I'll be back for more punishment in 2018.

You'll be chiming in next week, right along w the rest of the "I'm doners"

2 minutes ago, gatito said:

When you are the worst team in football at the end of halves you have to look at coaching. 

Yep. He coached not to lose when he went run, run and pass nearing FG range before the half and NO ended up getting three. He wanted a TO on a challenge. He called a TO needing less than a yard. Put a dunce cap on you ****er

Just now, Jacoby66forHOF said:

Cousins led an offense that put up 30 points on the 3rd ranked defense in the NFL.  He did his job and then some.  

He played great for almost the entire game. But that absolute wtf IG call in the WORST possible moment was terrible and put us out of FG range. Kirk isn't responsible for the loss but another boneheaded play at the absolute moment when you CAN'T have a boneheaded play is a killer.

5 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

I swear to god If anyone blames this loss on Kirk you are a moron who knows nothing about football. He put us in position to be up 15 points with 5 minutes left and the defense cant make one damn stop. Sign Kirk. fire the whole defense. Norman can take his 75 million dollar self somewhere else. 

I don't know Rob.  That intentionally grounding when we were in fg range was all on Kirk.  We could've gut run there.  Kill clock and attempt a game winner.  

I try not to be emotionally invested in this team but I can't help it. But I really do hate everything about this franchise right now. From our brain dead coaching staff to our despicable owner to our ****ty stadium. I'm just so tired of this crap every year. Today could have been a defining victory for Gruden but he did what awful coaches do and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. We need to start over. 

3 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

What an embarrassment. Everything about the final several minutes of regulation and everything in OT was as bad as humanly possible. It's not over but we really could've used at least 1 of the last 2 games.

Truth is we should really have won both in fact...

3 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

I know that we coulda/shoulda done a bunch of things differently to win this game, but I didn't like that Intentional grounding call. It wasn't intentional. Refs didn't call it til after Payton complained. Not to mention they let the clock run down, then the 10 second runoff. 

Play started at 38.

Kirk waited what? 2 secs to throw? 2 more to hit the ground, clock should have been stopped.

No flag,

Then, it's coming out of nowhere...

2 minutes ago, Jacoby66forHOF said:

The offense put up 30 points on the 3rd ranked defense and the 8th ranked defense in consecutive weeks.  More than enough to win both.  Regardless of injuries, the defense continues to hold this team back.

We even had a 100+ yard runner today.

Still can't believe this utter **** from the D and Hall especially...

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

He played great for almost the entire game. But that absolute wtf IG call in the WORST possible moment was terrible and put us out of FG range. Kirk isn't responsible for the loss but another boneheaded play at the absolute moment when you CAN'T have a boneheaded play is a killer.

Yea the receiver running the wrong way is on Kirk. Totally.

14 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Its been good reading your threads, watching the Cooley breakdown and other Redskins stuff. But that's it. I'm so ****in' done. Its not worth the shame of being a fan anymore. If you're walking down the street with your Redskin gear on, I'll say "what's up". Other than that, burgundy and gold is no longer something I take pride in.  

Take care...

We gave up our tickets in section 112 after what happened with Scot McCloughan. This is the first game this year I've actually watched or listened to and it reminded me of why I don't anymore.

I swear I would never be anything but a Redskins fan but I've found myself rooting for the Steelers. They've been my second team since 2005 I'm just following them more closely now.

I also sort of reluctantly like the Ravens except when they play the Steelers. They are a good organization that goes beyond football. They often lend their support (https://imgur.com/gallery/mSy7Y) to the shelter I volunteer at, BARCS, which does great work and is literally 2 streets from the stadium. The only reason I am not a fan is because of some Ravens fans and being given a hard time for years about being a Redskins fan.

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Keep in mind that Hall is only in there because Nicholson was concussed.

My overall point is that he shouldn’t really even be on the team. I get that he’s a team favorite, but he’s 83 years old, had 2 Achilles and an ACL. And your FO can’t find a better option than that?  It’s typical Gruden try-hard guy issue.  He can’t do it anymore, and he’s old.  And that wasn’t hard to see coming. 

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

He wasn't throwing that pass to avoid a sack.  He expected someone to be there.  Regardless, that one penalty was not the reason why the Skins blew a 15 point lead with 5 min to go.  

Just now, LaxBuddy21 said:

Yea the receiver running the wrong way is on Kirk. Totally.

. I asked earlier, did he do it with his eyes closed? How do you turn and look and not notice that that there is literally nobody even anywhere close to where you're planning to throw it and throw it anyway? And at that point in the game?

Maybe it’s just me, but it sure seems idiotic calls by Gruden have been weekly these days. It’s sure getting old. Why are you throwing the ball on first down in FG range with the game on the line? Play it ****ing safe and run it right into the line to set up the FG! Isn’t that a no brainer?

3 minutes ago, thebeermonkey said:

Coaching did not cost the game.

no block on the run -a player making an error.

the saints to where Hall and Brown we’re covering the same guy - player error.

i thought the game was called well. The players just do not execute under pressure - that is a fundamental the best teams do, the small things under intense pressure without fault. These guys do the best stuff und no pressure. It’s purely psychological 

You cannot continue to get outplayed in the last 2 minutes of every half and say it's not coaching. You just can't.

Just now, LavarArringtonMachine said:

Intentional grounding at the worst time...  not aware of where the blitz is coming from....  I will say im VERY aware of reality.

That's why you think we lost?  Has nothing to do with the last three Saints drives.  

My take, Kirk was the team's best player today (by a wide margin) and the one most responsible for the team being in position to win it.  I wouldn't even mention the offense when discussing why we lost today.  The defense imploded.  Again.

Archived