Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Cyber-bullying a high school kid is a pretty good reason to start a boycott.

But what about “The High Road”?!?*

*which apparently is where teenage gun massacre survivors are held to higher standards of maturity than 50YO professional TV personalities.

Edited by TryTheBeal!

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

Just don't see the immaturity angle. Don't like a behavior then don't support companies that enable it.

Do you think that a person should be able to withstand criticism without retaliating? Even if its not legitimate? Sadly, today's culture, especially through social media, perpetuates the concept that every criticism or insult demands a response with strong prejudice.

28 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Cyber-bullying a high school kid is a pretty good reason to start a boycott.

I am now boycotting catheters and electric wheelchairs.

You call mocking as bullying?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Do you think that a person should be able to withstand criticism without retaliating? Even if its not legitimate? Sadly, today's culture, especially through social media, perpetuates the concept that every criticism or insult demands a response with strong prejudice.

the age of movements

21 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

You call mocking as bullying?

She didn't criticize him, she mocked him, there was nothing constructive or worthwhile in her tweet about him.

Did you read the article she cited in her tweet or the response from TMZ's Producer? What is in there to criticize or even mock, that a reasonable person would agree with? He wasn't whining at all, in fact he used the opportunity to include and talk about others. The kid has a 4.1 GPA, is dealing with deep, deep trauma, all the while trying to make sure that same trauma doesn't happen to another student.

Why should he have to silently accept that? How is openly mocking a kid who recently saw his peers killed in front of him acceptable and not the main focus of re-probation from you? Personally, I don't think we should accept behavior like she showed and as a consumer it is within my rights to not support companies that sponsor people who show that kind of behavior. These kids aren't stupid, they know to follow the money if they want things to change.

And finally, where is the prejudice in this situation that you are attributing to David Hogg?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, tshile said:

the age of movements

I'm fine with movements. Often they can accomplish needed (or unneeded) change in society, that otherwise would not be possible. This isn't that. We all know Laura was wrong in her mockery and insult. It was trollish and mean. We should be above this.

But his response smells of rage or revenge. It's the same kind of immaturity that drove a boy to shoot his former GF down the street from me. (I'm not comparing the two acts, only the general feelings behind them)

"You want to insult me? I'll ruin you and take away everything!" It's disturbing.

7 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

She didn't criticize him, she mocked him, there was nothing constructive or worthwhile in her tweet about him.

Did you read the article she cited in her tweet or the response from TMZ's Producer? What is in there to criticize or even mock, that a reasonable person would agree with? He wasn't whining at all, in fact he used the opportunity to include and talk about others. The kid has a 4.1 GPA, is dealing with deep, deep trauma, all the while trying to make sure that same trauma doesn't happen to another student.

Why should he have to silently accept that? How is openly mocking a kid who recently saw his peers killed in front of him acceptable and not the main focus of re-probation from you? Personally, I don't think we should accept behavior like she showed and as a consumer it is within my rights to not support companies that sponsor people who show that kind of behavior. These kids aren't stupid, they know to follow the money if they want things to change.

And finally, where is the prejudice in this situation that you are attributing to David Hogg?

I read it. See my post I just posted about my feeling about Ingraham. She's a known entity, and everybody knows she is that way. I hate it and I've previously made known how I feel about Conservatives who act that way. Worst of all it makes it seem to conservatives that she is right. Sad all around.

I was just using prejudice as generic term such as would be used such as "terminated with extreme prejudice." Nothing more.

Edited by Zguy28

7 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

I'm fine with movements. Often they can accomplish needed (or unneeded) change in society, that otherwise would not be possible. This isn't that. We all know Laura was wrong in her mockery and insult. It was trollish and mean. We should be above this.

But his response smells of rage or revenge. It's the same kind of immaturity that drove a boy to shoot his former GF down the street from me. (I'm not comparing the two acts, only the general feelings behind them)

"You want to insult me? I'll ruin you and take away everything!" It's disturbing.

I read it. See my post I just posted about my feeling about Ingraham. She's a known entity, and everybody knows she is that way. I hate it and I've previously made known how I feel about Conservatives who act that way. I was just using prejudice as generic term such as would be used such as "terminated with extreme prejudice." Nothing more.

Should there be negative consequences for Laura's behavior? Why does she get a pass, because you're used to her acting like this?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you have a problem with the severity of his response, but I don't see the rage, that's a huge reach in my opinion. I see savvy and an understanding that the uglier sides of  the right-wing machine run on money and the attacking of the "other" or those who don't conform. He didn't threaten her, didn't insult her, or evince any other characteristics of a possible shooting suspect.

I mean jeez, if you truly feel what you wrote above, how did you feel about all the people wanting to boycott the NFL and who claimed so in much louder, violent, and sometimes hateful ways?

Can we all agree that loudmouth, aggro, wingnut pundits are the most useless people out there?

And there’s like a zillion of em.  They’re a plague of rodents.

How many ****ing Milo Yiannopolus’ and Ann Coulters do we need?!?

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/mass-shooting-thwarted-syracuse-university-gun-shop-owner-denied-man-ar-15-called-police/#.WsgeMJAfszs.twitter

Mass shooting thwarted at Syracuse University by gun shop owner who denied man AR-15 and called police

olice were able to thwart another potential mass shooting, this time the attack was aimed at Syracuse University. It’s all thanks to one gun shop owner who denied the possible shooter an AR-15, despite having all the legal rights to purchase one.

Twenty-two year old student Xiaoteng Zhan was deported to China by federal agents March 20, according to Syracuse.com. He had stockpiled a gun, ammunition and accessories in his off-campus apartment.

Zhan confessed to a friend that “the dark side” had prompted him to buy a gun, bulletproof vest and other things, according to Syracuse Deputy Police Chief Derek McGork.

“I might use the gun to cause trouble,” Zhan reportedly said. “I have been preparing.”

A fearful friend begged him not to shoot children or to kill her. Zhan allegedly told her, “You’re the only one I don’t want to kill.”

*Click Link For More* 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Five years in prison for a teen making one threatening comment?  (Doesn't this also make him a felon?  Isn't any crime with a possible sentence of five years or more the definition of a felony?)  

Still, I guess it's better than, you know, not giving him (and anybody else in our society) access to large quantities of lethal firepower.  Can't have society do that.  

12 minutes ago, Larry said:

Five years in prison for a teen making one threatening comment?  (Doesn't this also make him a felon?  Isn't any crime with a possible sentence of five years or more the definition of a felony?)  

Still, I guess it's better than, you know, not giving him (and anybody else in our society) access to large quantities of lethal firepower.  Can't have society do that.  

I believe more than one yr is a felony

they are cracking down

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/education/article209869664.html

Tristan H. Kelly, 19, and Cody T. Ritchey, 19, were indicted on one federal charge related to spreading false information through social media. They were also indicted on a second count charging harassment and intimidation through electronic communication.

Each charge is punishable by five years in prison, a fine of up to $250,000, and supervised release of no more than three years.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, steve09ru said:

Couple of thoughts:

It’s a shame that this story doesn’t get more attention.  I think one side will say that this proves that we don’t need further gun control and that the other side will say this proves that the system needs further regulation and teachers don’t need guns.

• Like 1