Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Adopted two rescues with my ex, one in 2013 and one in 2014. We were on and off for a few years but when we all lived together I did about 97% of the taking care (still got lectured about doing it wrong from time to time) so I really bonded with these guys, especially the girl. We both suffered from panic attacks. I'd hold her while she had hers and this hyperactive little dog would sit in my lap and not move while I had mine. My ex is married now and apparently I make her wife very insecure so last summer was probably the last time I'll ever see them. I've been told they're dogs so it's not like I don't get to see my kids but it still really hurts from time to time. Miss those little buggers a whole lot. 

IMG_20170711_164104.jpg

IMG_20170711_164414.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, twa said:

My wife told me not to leave the food bowl empty, the newest dog (Trouble) pisses in a empty bowl.

I love that dog. :ols:

My late beloved dog Kazoo (the one on top in my sig pic) used to do the same thing. I jokingly referred to him as "the food critic."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bad news, gang.  I don't think Mike (my porch kitty on the mop) is gonna make it.  He's gotten lethargic over the last couple weeks, looked really weak getting down the deck steps the other night, I made sure the top gate was open so he could get up and down off the deck easier without having to jump on the rail and then down onto the stairs.  Well, he's gotten weaker since, I've had to give him his wet food in the cathouse both breakfast and dinner today...he's not coming out.  I can smell that he peed, so I pulled all the blankets and put fresh ones down.  There's a heating pad on the floor of the cathouse, so electric issues and fire are scaring me out of my mind on that front.  

I can't bring him inside because I don't know what's wrong with him.  He's lost weight, is so bony...knowing he's suffering is absolutely killing me.  :(

Where are you, @d0ublestr0ker0ll?

Ms. Kitty (his mom) has always had a little bald spot on the back of her left rear leg, always thought it was maybe a concrete scrape that didn't grow hair back...it's been there for a year.  Never seemed to change, and she's just as lovable as ever... But hell no...that thing is a swollen "something" now, a big giant I don't know what.  We've got sleet and light snow forecast for the next couple days.  I'm losing my mind. 

• Sad 3

Haven't seen Mike this morning.  Trying not to assume the worst, that he crawled off somewhere to die.  I just don't wanna find him hit in the street because he couldn't get across in time to keep from being hit.

Ms. Kitty is still here with a big ol' lump on the back of her leg.  Cold, cold weather coming in.  :(

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

My kitty Frank Zappa did that. He never came home and I don't know what happened to him.

I feel for you.  :(

I remember you telling that story.  I gotta get through this day.  Thanks so much for the woo...I feel it, but it can only help so much.  I feel awful...I can't save him, and I couldn't comfort him inside.  I feel like the worst human on the planet.

• Like 1

I haven't seen him all day, y'all.  I cried all through the Caps game last night, hubby shed a few too.  He had a kid friend of ours over all day today helping with the yard, getting some plants up, some down to go dormant...both said they hadn't seen him, first question I asked when getting out of the car..."Anybody seen Mike?"  ~Then again, maybe they did and buried him without telling me.~ 

I wanna know.  I think hubby would tell me so I could keep up his little grave if he'd buried him. 

Meanwhile, I'm typing with RG laying totally over my hands.

I think she knows. :(

Edited by skinsmarydu
edited a typo I didn't see till now, lol

• 3 weeks later...

The dogs-  BG, Sonny, Scarlett (Redbone Coonhound Lab Mix) & Rosie (Redbone Coonhound Mix) (for those that don't know I lost both my Bassets Sadie (2 years ago and Gibbs a year ago).

The Cats- Huly & my new edition Klaus (I pulled him out of a storm drain on 12/21/17.

We also have two sugar gliders Thelma & Louise

C28A9070-Edit.jpg

C28A0339.jpg

FB_IMG_1514131783863.jpg

IMG_20160131_114744300.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Dang Huly, I didn't know Gibbs passed away - my sympathies.

As soon as I saw you had posted in this thread, my first thought was I bet it's a pic of that one-eyed cat. :)

Yeah I honestly think Gibbs passed from a broken heart.  He never recovered from the loss of Sadie.  We adopted Scarlett trying to help Gibbs but he honestly raised her then checked out.  :(  Rosie fell in our lap the next day.  We had been looking to rescue another Redbone Coonhound pup for Scarlett and Rosie was dropped in MD from Dogs In Danger out of AL.  \

Huly is doing awesome!  He will meet his new little brother Klaus this weekend.  We had Klaus on quarantine for a week so this could be interesting so please pray for me. 

• Like 2