Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Redskins Post Game Assessments

Burgold

3 hours ago, USS Redskins said:

Cousins- did God tell him to suck? If he did, KC followed the advice of the good lord to a "T." 

Credit him for making some plays here and there but 10 lousy points????? 

Honestly I wouldn't really give him credit for that TD. Yeah, he got the ball to CT but CT went beast mode after the catch...that was all him.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Snyder doesn't want this team in the dumpster any more than you and I do, or anyone else.  

Oh, he wants to win. I do believe that. He wants to win badly. I wasn't trying to imply that he's intentionally tanking.

But he has NO CLUE what it takes to build a winning franchise and organization, because he - in my opinion - has no clue what it takes to build trust, goodwill, a family type of atmosphere, an environment where people have each other's backs instead of of always being ready to stick a knife in. When I say he is "most comfortable in the dumpster," I should add that he doesn't recognize that he actually is IN a festering dumpster. Even after all these years, he keeps going back to the same old structure that has never worked and never will. Bruce Allen is a stooge. Scott McCloughan clearly whiffed on some players, but it's my opinion that the success in 2015 that carried over somewhat into last year was the result of putting the proper structure in place for once. 

They dumped Scott, but instead of replacing him and keeping the new structure intact, they reverted to the old ways. Allen = Cerrato and Williams has no business being a top level talent evaluator, imo. It's just Snyder force-feeding us the nostalgia again for the period of greatness that he had nothing to do with whatsoever. 

I don't think anyone can ultimately succeed under his ownership. Not longterm. Not as long as he continues to run things as he does. JKC wasn't the greatest human being in many ways, but he knew how to let the right people run things the right way. Snyder is a glorified telemarketer and the only constant in the continuing ****storm that never seems to relent. I despise him with the burning white hot heat of a thousand suns for what he's done to this once proud franchise. Good day. 

20 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

I'm with you. I was actually surprised at how little I cared that they lost today. I just expect sucktitude each week and especially week one under Gruden. Call it a defense mechanism, but I just have no playoff expectation for this team at all. So if they lose, oh well. Better draft pick. That's where I'm at now. 

Was so bad at point, I called the Crowder fumble point, laughed and walked away for a bit

This loss goes on Gruden....0-4 in openers says it all. Most of us who follow the Skins closely could see this loss coming based on how they looked in preseason, specifically the offense. Our running game was awful and Cousins is just not a guy who can carry a team when a QB needs to. Gruden is not the guy to take us to the promise land.....start looking for a head coach and a new QB cause this duo has flamed out. How many times are we gonna lose at home? It's getting old.

I really don't know what upsets me more...

1. The owner. Dan please sell this team to someone else. Please. Maybe he's changed, maybe he doesn't get himself involved in the football affairs like years past but HE is the only constant throughout this absurdity and it's really hard to keep it together every time I think about it. He bought this team as a young man and that means we're ****ing stuck with him for a very ****ing long time. Everything he tries with this team is just one failure after the next. Every player he signs, coach he brings in or GM he hires. It doesn't matter. It inevitably fails. King Midas he is not. He is the opposite. Everything he touches, turns to **** instead of gold. 

It pisses me off even more knowing that he hides his failures behind the history of this team.  Whenever the fans are about to implode, he brings out his "get out of jail free card" and hires Joe Gibbs for coach, keeps Sonny on the radio team, brings in Allen for GM, or promotes Doug in the scouting department. He basically surrounds himself with people from the glory years because he knows the fans will slurp it up thus giving him more wiggle more to sink this team even further into hell.

2. Gruden. I have no faith in this guy. Just like our QB, everything has to be perfect for him to succeed. We basically have to put together the dream team of NFL rosters before Gruden can succeed. How many years do us fans have to put up with the team not prepared to play? His supporters will say "there is nothing a coach can do, because it is the responsibility of the players to get themselves ready". If that's case, then what the **** can we blame Gruden for? Team has too many games where they aren't prepared to play, constantly looks like he is out coached, time out issues, idiotic decisions in regards to coaching. No one will ever mistake him for a coaching genius but give me something. Anything. It's the same ****ing thing.

3. Kirk. Lordy, I want to like him, but I just can't. There is just something about him. Despite his stats for the past two years, there is this nagging feeling every time he goes back to throw the ball, that he'll **** it up by turning the ball or or simply not converting on a key play. If by some miracle of God we make it to the Super Bowl, Kirk is the type of QB who will **** it up by throwing an INT that could have put us ahead for the win. That's his schtick and he's very good at it. Like the coach, he needs things to be perfect in order to succeed. He has too many games where he looks unsure. If the play goes off schedule, forget about it. This guy doesn't seem to make enough plays when it doesn't go according to plan. 

4. Players. Why do we always have guys who "almost" make the sack instead of actually making the ****ing sack. Jonathan Allen, "almost" had the sack on the 1st TD Wentz threw but of course he didn't get it.Meanwhile Watt from Pittsburg who was drafted later than him has 2 sacks and an INT. Just our luck eh. Every ****ing player we draft or bring in via free agency, can't tackle. I have no idea why it's like this for us, but it is.

Why do we always have players who can't make the INT here but could else where. How many near interceptions is Norman going to drop? He had 6 or whatever in Carolina his last year there but he comes here and dude can't catch the ball at all. Does HE need laser eye surgery too like Carlos Rogers? Seriously WTF is wrong with guys that play for this secondary.

5. The Fans. By the fans, I mean the homers. Not the real fans. The real fans are the fans that smell bull**** when they see it. The homers are the blind supporters of this team that always think the **** on the field smells like roses. What is wrong with you guys? I'd like the realists to form a line while the homers walk past. This way we can grab you by the shoulders, shake you and slap your face to hopefully wake you up. (Joking of course).

Next time we say...

"Kirk looks off"

"Why is this team not ready to play"

"You can't replace DeSean with a guy who has played WR for one year"

"The line can't block"

"Gruden is not a good coach"

...or whatever else we might say next year when the names change...please don't reply with a...

"It's only preseason"

"It's only game one"

"They are running vanilla offense"

Just stop it. Stop making excuses for this team. Open up your eyes and smell the **** in front of you.

Also for the love of God in the off season, when articles come out "dissing" the Skins and suggesting they will only win 5 games, or when tv hosts don't give the team respect and picks them dead last to finish in the NFC. Just shut your mouth, realize there is a reason why people think this way and it's NOT because they are haters.

**My post in jest. Though true and my opinion, I'm partially joking in my tempermant.

The defense looks improved for the most part. Our 3rd down defense still needs major work. Pryor needs more jugs machine action. Crowder needs more touches as well. Our offensive line appears to have regressed in pass blocking. If we can't run the football this team maxes out at 7 wins this season. It is a must. They have to work on running the football each and every practice. Extra work after practice as well. It is imperative that we have a run game. The more Kirk is relied upon to throw = more **** ups like the redzone INT. Kirk should not throw more than 30-35 times a game. Overall, it isn't doom and gloom, but these are issues that are persisting year after year. The buck stops at Jay... 

1 minute ago, Travdaskin said:

The defense looks improved for the most part. Our 3rd down defense still needs major work. Pryor needs more jugs machine action. Crowder needs more touches as well. Our offensive line appears to have regressed in pass blocking. If we can't run the football this team maxes out at 7 wins this season. It is a must. They have to work on running the football each and every practice. Extra work after practice as well. It is imperative that we have a run game. The more Kirk is relied upon to throw = more **** ups like the redzone INT. Kirk should not throw more than 30-35 times a game. Overall, it isn't doom and gloom, but these are issues that are persisting year after year. The buck stops at Jay... 

The holes were there in the run game. R. Kelley is just terrible and slow

Just now, skinfan2k said:

The holes were there in the run game. R. Kelley is just terrible and slow

Then he needs to sit down. I didn't watch the full game so I'll trust your eyes on this one. Mack Brown is a faster back. Maybe they should give him a chance? I like Perine but he looked slow to me as well. It's a shame CT isn't bigger. He'd be the perfect back for us. We need some juice in the backfield and to get more than 3 yards and a cloud of dust. 

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Watching the Rams today, we are going to lose 31-14 next week :-(

I couldn't keep my eyes off the Rams game, how fluid their offense was vs Indy, but it is Indy and they have no D. But man McVay had everything dailed up for them. Should be an interesting game. I figure they're gonna play hard for him next week. And usually in my experience, when a former coach or player of a team I cheer for goes somewhere else and its time for the reunion match. My teams lose, so I expect a close hard fought game that LA finds some wack way to win..

1 minute ago, Travdaskin said:

Then he needs to sit down. I didn't watch the full game so I'll trust your eyes on this one. Mack Brown is a faster back. Maybe they should give him a chance? I like Perine but he looked slow to me as well. It's a shame CT isn't bigger. He'd be the perfect back for us. We need some juice in the backfield and to get more than 3 yards and a cloud of dust. 

A couple of us sat in the endzone to watch this. The holes were there, Kelley is just too slow to get through the holes.  

If you asked me to sum up the average Skins game from the last 20 years, it'd be this game exactly.

Opponent gets a huge play on a 3rd and a mile.

Momentum shifts towards us on a couple good plays.

Close going towards the end.

Inconsistent play at best on one side of the ball.

Bad call from refs at crucial time.

Defeat from the jaws of victory.

I don't feel this game is worth too many extra words.  We've seen this game before, like, a thousand times.

Mulligan, like with the other 3 during Gruden's tenure, and we'll re-evaluate after week 2.  Focus on the fundamentals.

I will say the defense was nice most of the time.  Good players/plays made at each level of the defense.  If we can turn some pressures into sacks, I think some of their big plays dissipate and the defense would look even better.

26 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

This loss goes on Gruden....0-4 in openers says it all. Most of us who follow the Skins closely could see this loss coming based on how they looked in preseason, specifically the offense. Our running game was awful and Cousins is just not a guy who can carry a team when a QB needs to. Gruden is not the guy to take us to the promise land.....start looking for a head coach and a new QB cause this duo has flamed out. How many times are we gonna lose at home? It's getting old.

I don't think it's time for Gruden to be fired but I will throw in this. He's the "offensive genius" that was supposed to mesh with Kirk and they had THAT kind of a day? That was kind of pathetic. This offense should not look so bad when you have a "genius" at the helm. And I use that term loosely, I am aware he has never purported to be such. But he was supposed to be an offensive guy. 

I thought that after the preseason they would start showing their cards, but they still looked bad at times during this game. The two main people I point my finger at today: Cousins, for throwing that damn pick, and being inconsistent, and Gruden for his playcalling. Those are the two major reasons we lost, those are the two scapegoats. And they better get it together fast. It doesn't get easier from here on out. 

3 hours ago, benskins26 said:

Kirk might regret not signing that long term offer after this season

Kirk will get his game together by week 4...this will be his MO (for a few years now).

If you're the Skins I think as soon as he gets it going then you trade him to the 49er's for a 1st rounder and cut bait. 

10 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I don't think it's time for Gruden to be fired but I will throw in this. He's the "offensive genius" that was supposed to mesh with Kirk and they had THAT kind of a day? That was kind of pathetic. This offense should not look so bad when you have a "genius" at the helm. And I use that term loosely, I am aware he has never purported to be such. But he was supposed to be an offensive guy. 

what play calls were obviously bad play calls?

3 hours ago, fordranger76 said:

Easy to shut a run game down when the opposing team does not fear the Quarterback behind center and that is what I believe we saw today.

This. Reminds me of where we left off in the Panthers/Giants game. Good opposing D's are going to continue to do this because he gets rattled with constant pressure. As far as the D goes, others team would be better off with 3rd and 15 or 20 than 3rd and short. Plus side? Penalties were low.

4 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Kirk will get his game together by week 4...this will be his MO (for a few years now).

If you're the Skins I think as soon as he gets it going then you trade him to the 49er's for a 1st rounder and cut bait. 

Why in the world would SF give up a #1 for Cousins, when they can get him this off-season?

I have been saying Kirk throws very hard. I admit I am the only one that says that.  Did you notice on the final fateful fumble replay, that it was largely a blur?   Yes it looked like he had started forward motion but then it quickly became a blur. Kirks got impressive arm speed and strength IMO. If I am way off on all of this, who are the Brett Favre's of the modern era, who is throwing run of the mill passes the hardest? I don't recall any such conversations of who throws hard at all but someone is. We all know who doesn't throw hard cough Colt.

I first noticed it last year, when trying to explain some overthrows and it continued today. Maybe he is throwing it harder to avoid INTs.  I think Kirk is pressing, or feeling the pressure to do well for his next contract. He said one year contracts actually help him relax more, but I am not sure I believe that.

5 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I have been saying Kirk throws very hard. I admit I am the only one that says that.  Did you notice on the final fateful fumble replay, that it was largely a blur?   Yes it looked like he had started forward motion but then it quickly became a blur. Kirks got impressive arm speed and strength IMO. If I am way off on all of this, who are the Brett Favre's of the modern era, who is throwing run of the mill passes the hardest? I don't recall any such conversations of who throws hard at all but someone is. We all know who doesn't throw hard cough Colt.

I first noticed it last year, when trying to explain some overthrows and it continued today. Maybe he is throwing it harder to avoid INTs.  I think Kirk is pressing, or feeling the pressure to do well for his next contract. He said one year contracts actually help him relax more, but I am not sure I believe that.

I've noticed it too. I can't put my finger on why he'd do it, but most of his passes definitely aren't lacking for strength.

5 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

He said one year contracts actually help him relax more, but I am not sure I believe that.

Perhaps he's convinced himself of that but I find it very hard to believe.  I've been beating this drum for a while, that it's got to be harder to play with a monkey on your back like that.  It's part of the reason I really wanted an LTD done.  

Archived