Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1953 Yankees, 1960 Canadians, 1996 Bulls.....2017 Philadelphia Eagles

Westbrook36

On January 14, 2018 at 10:00 AM, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

He deserves it for sure.

their offensive scheme is top notch. How many times does Wentz / Foles throw to wide open guys during the game? They have simplified things, yet made them more difficult to cover.

dominate on defense .... they’ll win next week and head to the super bowl 

I think it depends on if the Vikings from first half yesterday or second half (less last few seconds) shows up.  

One game. One game to take away a lifetime of pain. Should the Eagles beat New England?  No. Can the Eagles beat New England?  Yes. I will take it with absolutely no regrets. 

The Eagles have went from potentially being the greatest team in modern NFL history to potentially being the unquestioned best story in NFL history with the resurgence of Nick “Big Dick” Foles. 

1 hour ago, Westbrook36 said:

The Eagles have went from potentially being the greatest team in modern NFL history to potentially being the unquestioned best story in NFL history with the resurgence of Nick “Big Dick” Foles. 

Westy, I am so sorry about what happened to your eye:

On 1/23/2018 at 9:44 AM, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

While I think the Patriots should win, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Eagles finally really make us Skins fans look like chumps.  After all, since 1992, they've had some great years, even made it to a SB.

How does the Eagles making/winning the Super Bowl make Skins fans look like chumps? That doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, Kurd Cudins said:

How does the Eagles making/winning the Super Bowl make Skins fans look like chumps? That doesn't make sense.

Because we ain't done **** since our last SB win (yes, 2005 and 07 and 12 were fun and exciting) compared to the Eagles as an organization.  They're going to SB with a guy they DUMPED who is replacing their star QB in the middle of the season.  Every time our QB went down, we lost the whole postseason)

And 3-1 can swiftly become 3-3 in terms of SB wins.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

Because we ain't done **** since our last SB win (yes, 2005 and 07 and 12 were fun and exciting) compared to the Eagles as an organization.  They're going to SB with a guy they DUMPED who is replacing their star QB in the middle of the season.  Every time our QB went down, we lost the whole postseason)

And 3-1 can swiftly become 3-3 in terms of SB wins.

A fanbase isn't defined by the success or failure of their team. That's just ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

A fanbase isn't defined by the success or failure of their team. That's just ridiculous. 

When the club we used to beat our rival fanbase with is taken away from us, I think it's pretty clear you have to go to something else.  Meaning for all of our "empty trophy case" if the Eagles win, we won't have that anymore.

Because we haven't had much for 26 years. It hasn't been Cleveland bad, don't get me wrong, but it's been disappointing at best.

21 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

The Browns and Redskins have both missed the playoffs 20 times since 1993.

We're only not as bad as the Browns because they didn't even have a team for 3 years.

No, the Redskins aren't as bad as the Browns because they didn't go 1-31 the last two years.

The Redskins have been treading water the last several years finishing around .500, and have work to do to improve that, but no, they are not down there with the Browns.

Right now, anyway.

0 11 wins seasons in the past 26 years. Since 1991.

In comparison the Patriots have won 11 in 8 straight and 12 of the past 14 seasons. The've won 14 or more 5 times since 2003. We've won 10 3 times since 1991. Pretty pathetic. Even the Browns have won 11 once.

27 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

In comparison the Patriots have won 11 in 8 straight

They've actually won at least 12 games the past 8 seasons!

SkinsGuy was talking about the Browns going 1-31 the past two seasons and I remember the Lions going 2-30 in 2008-09 at the tail end of a dreadful decade for them. In the eight seasons since, the Lions have actually won a combined 11 more games than the Skins and have one more playoff appearance......and just fired their coaches after he had winning seasons three out of his four years.

If the Skins lose Cousins, part of me really would like to see him go to the Browns to see how they'll do with him and those draft choices. 

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Whatever makes you believe that your garbage smells better than somebody else's garbage. It's still hot stank ass garbage.

What they have is garbage.

What the Redskins have is an untidy space. :) 

But if you want to believe silliness like 0-16 is the same as 7-9, have at it. I'm not trying to change your mind. 

On 1/22/2018 at 7:40 PM, Westbrook36 said:

One game. One game to take away a lifetime of pain. Should the Eagles beat New England?  No. Can the Eagles beat New England?  Yes. I will take it with absolutely no regrets. 

Can't even hate on y'all anymore, though if you lose I shall bathe in your collective tears

What does this game mean to me?  I’ve been playing this game for over 30 years. I have never seen ultimate winning. 2004 was supposed to be the year. It wasn’t and what seems like yesterday has been close to 15 years. 

Years have passed, the Eagles had some ok years, one playoff run where they came within a game of the SB (I attended), yet recently went over 8 years without even a playoff victory. 

Life goes on and while other things have filled the continual pain of never achieving true sports happiness, my desire to witness the Eagles win it all has never waned — if anything, the hunger has increased. 

In a week I will be on a plane to Phoenix to watch the Superbowl with my best friend who could never bring himself back to the Philly area after the 2009 NFCCG we went to. I am convinced he is the only person on earth I’d want to share a victory with while also being ok to commiserate with if there is a loss. 

I don’t care if you think they will lose. There is better than a 50/50 chance they will. However, I currently have the next best thing to a SB win......hope. One win and everything changes. Literally my entire life. Should it be this important? No. Is it? Yes.

i don’t know how many more climbs I have left in me. This year has taken its toll. To lose this week will be devastating and I’m unsure if I can get up and do it again next year.....

To be continued.

3 hours ago, Westbrook36 said:

What does this game mean to me?  I’ve been playing this game for over 30 years. I have never seen ultimate winning. 2004 was supposed to be the year. It wasn’t and what seems like yesterday has been close to 15 years. 

Years have passed, the Eagles had some ok years, one playoff run where they came within a game of the SB (I attended), yet recently went over 8 years without even a playoff victory. 

Life goes on and while other things have filled the continual pain of never achieving true sports happiness, my desire to witness the Eagles win it all has never waned — if anything, the hunger has increased. 

In a week I will be on a plane to Phoenix to watch the Superbowl with my best friend who could never bring himself back to the Philly area after the 2009 NFCCG we went to. I am convinced he is the only person on earth I’d want to share a victory with while also being ok to commiserate with if there is a loss. 

I don’t care if you think they will lose. There is better than a 50/50 chance they will. However, I currently have the next best thing to a SB win......hope. One win and everything changes. Literally my entire life. Should it be this important? No. Is it? Yes.

i don’t know how many more climbs I have left in me. This year has taken its toll. To lose this week will be devastating and I’m unsure if I can get up and do it again next year.....

To be continued.

You'll be on a plane in a week from...today?  Cause if that's the case you'll have missed the game.

Anyway, watching the SuperBowl together with your first grindr date sounds like a good time.  Enjoy it!

Archived