stevemcqueen1

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Seems like a talented kid slotted in as safety.  He says he feels more comfortable at safety, but could play some corner in a pinch.  I'll take it.

The way the Virginia Tech media guy killed Alexander on Finlay's podcast this week -- made me pause.  But a 6th rounder is a flier pick so what the heck?   The guy who covered Virginia Tech said he wasn't a polished CB and thought Stroman was better -- but his bigger concern was he said fishing around he heard the dude is a knucklehead who doesn't have the desire to push himself.

Having said that, we got his old CB coach here who knows him.  And guys like Norman who are committed to excellence might rub off on the dude if his attitude is an issue.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The way the Virginia Tech media guy killed Alexander on Finlay's podcast this week -- made me pause.  But a 6th rounder is a flier pick so what the heck?   The guy who covered Virginia Tech said he wasn't a polished CB and thought Stroman was better -- but his bigger concern was he said fishing around he heard the dude is a knucklehead who doesn't have the desire to push himself.

Having said that, we got his old CB coach here who knows him.  And guys like Norman who are committed to excellence might rub off on the dude if his attitude is an issue.

These are great points - for a 6th rounder, he's probably worth the risk. 

Perhaps having some VT alums in the locker room will keep him on the straight and narrow.

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Pretty much how I feel, what the heck.

The fact his tape was much better when Gray was his coach makes it enticing at the very least.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Is that now 4 VT secondary players drafted in the last few years?

We are the VT Burgundy Tide

• Like 2

I think getting him in the 6th is a great move..Most 6th rd picks aren’t expected to pan out,or good back up player at best..if he pans out then it’s a steal,if not then we haven’t really lost out on too much(better than giving a 2nd round pick to a player that retired,came back then gets traded for peanuts..remind ya of anybody??)..he reminds me of a Richard Sherman type player(who was picked in the 5th if I’m correct??) his speed could be a lil faster but with his size and range,he should be an upgrade at least in the red zone!!

With T.Gray coaching him in college,he’s already familiar with what makes this kid tick and help get him up to speed pretty quick-should make a difference towards the adjustment coming into the league(especially this late on the season)..

im hoping they develop him as a corner and a backup safety only if needed-swapping a player from a position that he’s comfortable with only works with oh so many guys(Although Dunbar has been decent so far),being multidimensional is always great to have on a team but I’d keep him at CB till he makes the transition first(if he struggles then I’d see where else he could help out on the team)

But over all,I think it was a good move-not a lot given up and it’s nothing but all up side for the kid if he can keep it together-looking forward to seeing how he plays out!!!