stevemcqueen1

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Damn.  Nice run.

Looked like he stepped out of bounds though.

Good things happen when you actually run the ball with your super duper blue chip All American Heisman favorite running back coach.

• Like 1

Ty Johnson 62 yard punt return.  Then soon after a 40 yard run.  12.6 yards a carry so far. Explosive,  He is no Barkley but I'm guessing Barkley is a top 5 pick or at worst top 10 and likely out of reach.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

God almighty Raekwon Davis is huge.  He's almost too big.

Josh Frazier is having himself a game too.  So far he's been Alabama's best DL.  Very impressive four man rotation they've got this season.  Payne has looked pretty good too.  Shaun Hamilton has also flashed at OLB.  He's super active.  Bit undersized, but he hits hard.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Raekwon Davis has the build and speed of a future top five pick.  Gonna compete with Dexter Lawrence to be the top interior DL in the 2019 class.

I like Fitzpatrick even more than James.  I love this kid.  Such a great player.  IMO he was Bama's best player last season.

Pretty weird watching VT and WV play on the Skins logo. That kid White from the WV defense is a stud. I need to do some research on him.

21 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

God almighty Raekwon Davis is huge.  He's almost too big.

Josh Frazier is having himself a game too.  So far he's been Alabama's best DL.  Very impressive four man rotation they've got this season.  Payne has looked pretty good too.  Shaun Hamilton has also flashed at OLB.  He's super active.  Bit undersized, but he hits hard.

No. He's not a big guy at all :)

maxresdefault.jpg

I hate to be thinking QB.  I'm a big Kirk guy.  But I'm watching the young QBs anyway.  Josh Rosen with a career game tonight.   Major come back.  Clutch throws.  Quick release.  Smooth delivery.  He got off to a slow start but came on like gang busters, almost 500 yards. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Josh Rosen. Wow!

He had some luck with two of the TD throws but still, what a comeback and performance. That's going to have scouts drooling.

Anyone drafting Rosen could do worse than use a pick on Caleb Wilson at some point. He has great hands - not sure about his top end speed but he runs great routes and catches anything close to him.

• Like 1

I don't know how to feel about Josh Allen now. On the one hand he did go up against a very solid Iowa defense. On the other hand he looked really really bad.

Skins looking at 6-10 or worse.

They will be in good position to take a QB.

I thought Lavar Jackson played well out of the gate!

Virginia Tech's back seven has some NFL players in it.  Their secondary is a pleasure to watch.  They cover and tackle as well as anyone.

Adonis Alexander #36 - fantastic game last night.  First or early second round talent.  He's ready to make the jump to the NFL next year.  Easily one of the best outside corner prospects in the class.  Not as aggressive and ballhawking, but a better prospect than the Fullers were.  Cleaner than them.  And much bigger.

Terrell Edmunds #22 - also had a fantastic game.  Third or Fourth rounder.  He's also ready to make the jump next year.  Great looking coverage skills for a box safety.  Cerebral player that is super active and tough.  I love his game and he's clearly VT's best overall player.

Andrew Motuapuaku #54 - best player on their defense last night.  Probably a 7th rounder if he gets drafted at all.  Doesn't really have NFL size, but he's a big time gamer and could make a roster as a UDFA.

Brandon Facyson #31 - solid nickle corner.  Also probably a 7th rounder or UDFA.  Has the measurables and refined coverage and tackling skills to play at the next level.

On offense, Cam Phillips #5 is going to get drafted.  He's small but tough and productive.  He's fast and a terrific route runner who dissects coverages and runs through the second level of a defense.  Very good at tracking and adjusting to the ball in the air.  Good leaper.  Probably a 4th or 5th round pick if he has another good season like last year.

Guys to watch for 2019:

Tremaine Edmunds #49 - Terrell's brother.  Great size and motor.  Rangy.  Excellent tackler.  Former linebacker who moved to DE because of his size.  His NFL position is probably OLB in a 3-4.  But he's not ready to make the jump for 2018.  Not a refined pass rusher and he lacks production in that part of the game.  If he comes out early, then he's probably going to be a late rounder.  You can't make it at DE in the NFL and not be a high quality pass rusher.

Divine Deablo #17 - This kid flashed big time last night.  Looks like a do it all DB who will settle at safety when he eventually becomes a starter.  He's got a long way to go before he gets drafted, but he's got early round talent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I don't know how to feel about Josh Allen now. On the one hand he did go up against a very solid Iowa defense. On the other hand he looked really really bad.

I haven't watched him, yet.  Seems like the buzz on him is he's insanely talented but very raw and doesn't play well against better competition.