Rdskns2000

Election 2020 Thread

Yep, don't think Biden has been considered a star

Biden Pres.

I dunno who at VP.

Obama SecState.

Fastest path to fixing the current mess.  Biden knows how stuff is supposed to work and is respected.  Obama could, as SecState, also help mend fences internationally, which would also be crucial economically seeing as we're starting all the trade wars.

No one else can do quite what Biden could on the "okay we ****ed up with Trump, let's reset the clock to Jan 19, 2017 and get mulligan."

3 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Biden Pres.

I dunno who at VP.

Obama SecState.

Fastest path to fixing the current mess.  Biden knows how stuff is supposed to work and is respected.  Obama could, as SecState, also help mend fences internationally, which would also be crucial economically seeing as we're starting all the trade wars.

No one else can do quite what Biden could on the "okay we ****ed up with Trump, let's reset the clock to Jan 19, 2017 and get mulligan."

Biden/Schiff? 

Im just nervous that Biden would be considered boring or just not move the needle enough. 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Biden/Schiff? 

Im just nervous that Biden would be considered boring or just not move the needle enough. 

Have you ever watched Biden?

He's hilarious.

Remember when he said he'd fistfight Trump?  Downright savage.

But mainly I think Biden hits just about every checkbox except being under 60.  He's from Scranton and has a history of fighting for the little guy.  He's got a cruise ship load of experience.  He's well respected on the world stage.  The biggest problem is he'll be 78 in 2020.  But I think if/when he debates Trump head to head, his sharpness will shine through.

• Thanks 1

I still don't see why people think that Biden can beat anybody.  This is a guy that voted against the 1st Iraq War, voted for the 2nd, and publicly stated that he advised Obama to not approve the mission to get bin Laden.

From there, they key to winning the Democratic nominee is the African American vote.  The likes of Elizabeth Warren and Gillibrand do not have strong ties to the African American community and were not going to beat Hillary and won't win the nomination (unless the African American vote gets split by the likes of Harris and Booker (and I think Biden could pull in some of that vote due to his close association/friendship with Obama, but not enough)).

The other thing with Biden is that he's also played into Trump's wheel house with his tough talk of fighting him, which he isn't really going to do.  Trump is going to call him a fake tough guy.  He says he wants to fight Trump, but doesn't do it, and wouldn't even approve of getting bin Laden, and it is going to stick.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

I still don't see why people think that Biden can beat anybody. 

Well sure, but neither could Hillary......the popular vote 'winner'

9 hours ago, PeterMP said:

The other thing with Biden is that he's also played into Trump's wheel house with his tough talk of fighting him, which he isn't really going to do.  Trump is going to call him a fake tough guy.  He says he wants to fight Trump, but doesn't do it, and wouldn't even approve of getting bin Laden, and it is going to stick.

Trump's going to call him Creepy Touch Joe or Bad Touch Biden. Already see the right running with that storyline. Dems need to nominate someone the right hasn't been smearing already.

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Dems need to nominate someone the right hasn't been smearing already.

Putin isn't available.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 5