Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Eclipse Thread

Sticksboi05

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't get why you'd skip an entire work day to watch. It lasts like...two minutes tops? I'm just gonna step outside or something around 2:40. I don't have any fancy glasses or anything like that though.

Well obviously not an entire day - by skip I meant like walking outside, unless you're making a vacation out of it. But yes the maximum coverage lasts about 2 minutes.

4 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Man I'm so pissed off..I was suppose to be in NC with the girl I been dating. Traveled to Lynchburg and we was got a rental. Her parents wanted to meet me out of their fear of idk what...and needless to say I'm not in NC right now. 

afraid you were gonna sacrifice a virgin?

37 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Also man these pieces of cardboard and sun-proof materials were hard as hell to find.

Maybe I will try to take a picture with my phone. 

I got two pairs from a friend of mine. Never even tried to get them. Was hoping not to. 

So far out of totality that I dont see the point in MD. Also the spot down the street from the office that has glasses left is selling them for 30 buck and I aint about that bull****

But I wouldn't mind looking. I see stuff like this as an impressive display of mathematics and science and thats totally cool.

Just now, Llevron said:

So far out of totality that I dont see the point in MD. Also the spot down the street from the office that has glasses left is selling them for 30 buck and I aint about that bull****

But I wouldn't mind looking. I see stuff like this as an impressive display of mathematics and science and thats totally cool.

I think it's pretty cool but wouldn't pay $30 for one pair of glasses to see it either.  We bought some a while back on Amazon, they were not approved, got a refund.  My dad had ordered us some and mailed them to us, then my alma mater sent us 2 or 3 free pairs after I renewed our season tickets for football.  Gave all but two pairs away to friends that couldn't find any.

We are getting 97.9% totality here in Charlotte, NC.  I wouldn't take off work for it, but my wife would have if she could.  She also would have driven into SC to get 100% totality if she could.  

9 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

We are getting 97.9% totality here in Charlotte, NC.  I wouldn't take off work for it, but my wife would have if she could.  She also would have driven into SC to get 100% totality if she could.  

We have an office in SC that is closing doors in about 20 minutes. I thought they were just being silly. I didnt realize they were getting 100% of it. They are going up on the rooftop to the building -- I think its 11 floors. Kinda jelly of them now. 

Be careful with pictures. My coworker is a big photography nut in his spare time (not married! HA!) and he told me it can melt a sensor in a normal camera and you need a special filter lense for the longer exposure. Not sure about a smartphone.

Looks like 80% expected here.  Noticeable dimming of light out there as this thing gets going. 

Yes. Definitely need a special filter for cameras and such,even with a short exposure. I've got an 8 stop variable ND and it's not even close to strong enough to protect the sensor. Gotta have a solar filter for that. No. I don't have one. Tough to come by for the size lens I have. Watching this from the house. 

Archived