Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys cut Lucky Whitehead after not being arrested...

Cowboys cut Lucky Whitehead after reported arrest

Garrett said he learned about Whitehead's arrest while on the practice field Monday and met with him briefly. The coach elaborated on the organization's decision to cut Whitehead after practice.

"As we gathered more information on that particular situation and conversations we had with Lucky about that particular situation and we put into context with his career with us over the last year or so, we just felt like the best decision for the Dallas Cowboys was to release them," Garrett told reporters.

"We felt like that's good for us going forward and hopefully it'll be good for him going forward. A little bit of a wake-up call to handle these situations the right way.

"When you have someone in your program, in this environment, in this structure, and they don't grow and develop and they make the same mistakes over and over again, it's time to move on."

(Later that evening....)

Cops: Guy We Arrested Is NOT Lucky Whitehead ... Case Dropped

Lucky Whitehead was telling the TRUTH -- he was not the man arrested for shoplifting on June 22, this according to Prince William County officials who say the REAL perp was an imposter. 

We spoke with Commonwealth's attorney, Paul Ebert, who says the case against ex-Dallas Cowboys WR Lucky Whitehead has been dropped after an internal investigation into the arrest.

Long story short ... Ebert says the man was only "verbally identified" by the arresting officer at the crime scene. The arrestee did not have I.D. on him.

Way to go, Garrett...finally decide to make an example of one of your players and you cut a guy after he didn't do anything wrong lol...

HICoqAz.gif

Bobby Belt @BobbyBeltTX

Bobby Belt Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Per a source: Lucky insisted innocence to Jason Garrett after practice. Garrett angrily expressed to Lucky that he didn't believe him.

Clarence Hill JrVerified account @clarencehilljr

Lucky Whitehead's agent wants to know who the Cowboys talked to when they conducted their own investigation. Whitehead was not guilty

Edit: watching the video a second time, it's kinda sickening tbh. Like a ****ing politician. With his bull**** and smug smirking, avoiding responsibility for ****ing up and knowing nothing can happen. And his glasses. Ugh. Coward. It's all just gross. 

Isn't Whitehead the guy who just had his dog kidnapped and held for ransom by a local (Dallas) rapper? Or was that someone else? 

On 7/25/2017 at 2:39 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lolololol good job Dallas. Yet you'll keep guys who continue to do worse things. 

If you're talking about Zeke, do you really think that there is any team in the league that would cut him based on the current investigation?  

27 minutes ago, doncherry said:

If you're talking about Zeke, do you really think that there is any team in the league that would cut him based on the current investigation?  

Not JUST him. Somehow it seems like almost every player on the cowboys gets into legal trouble. 

11 hours ago, doncherry said:

this Whitehead incident certainly is a blemish....

That being said, he probably would have just been a camp body, he's really not that good.  Good enough for the Jets I guess....

Remember when Wade "pizza party" Phillips was accused of having softer than marshmallow training camps and practices, and let the players get away with all kinds of ****...so he cut like the #5 undrafted rookie TE when he was late for a meeting to send a message? lol...

Yeah.

On 7/26/2017 at 0:17 PM, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Edit: watching the video a second time, it's kinda sickening tbh. Like a ****ing politician. With his bull**** and smug smirking, avoiding responsibility for ****ing up and knowing nothing can happen. And his glasses. Ugh. Coward. It's all just gross. 

Isn't Whitehead the guy who just had his dog kidnapped and held for ransom by a local (Dallas) rapper? Or was that someone else? 

Don't blame the Costa's. Those are quality, handmade sunglasses.

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The only time I remember seeing much of him, was when he played against us, and I seem to remember him doing well against us.

He was a one trick pony on offense. When he was in the game, it was either a jet sweep left to Lucky or a fake jet sweep to Lucky. Not all of that can be placed on him and some is put on Linehan. There was just no role for him anymore ... Dez - Williams - Beasley - Butler - Switzer - a few guys like Noah Brown. 

If your primary role is just a return man, you better be good. He was not. But that is something Dallas has lacked since Dwayne Harris left. 

8 hours ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

He was a one trick pony on offense. When he was in the game, it was either a jet sweep left to Lucky or a fake jet sweep to Lucky. Not all of that can be placed on him and some is put on Linehan. There was just no role for him anymore ... Dez - Williams - Beasley - Butler - Switzer - a few guys like Noah Brown. 

If your primary role is just a return man, you better be good. He was not. But that is something Dallas has lacked since Dwayne Harris left. 

Shouldn't Switzer at least prove it first? lol...

On 7/27/2017 at 8:53 AM, Califan007 said:

Remember when Wade "pizza party" Phillips was accused of having softer than marshmallow training camps and practices, and let the players get away with all kinds of ****...so he cut like the #5 undrafted rookie TE when he was late for a meeting to send a message? lol...

Yeah.

Well not everyone is treated equally.

Kinda reminds me of an old Jimmy Johnson quote. If the 4th string undrafted FA RB falls asleep in a meeting, he gets cut. If Emmitt Smith falls asleep, you get him a pillow.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Well not everyone is treated equally.

Kinda reminds me of an old Jimmy Johnson quote. If the 4th string undrafted FA RB falls asleep in a meeting, he gets cut. If Emmitt Smith falls asleep, you get him a pillow.

I wasn't talking about the equality part as much as I was talking about Cowboys coaches trying to send a message by cutting guys who nobody cares about lol...

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I wasn't talking about the equality part as much as I was talking about Cowboys coaches trying to send a message by cutting guys who nobody cares about lol...

it happens everywhere.

I'm just glad they got his name right when they announced it.

Archived