Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

Best symptom management medicine I've found for MS muscle cramps and spasms...and I've tried them all.  Could never be an all day, every day kinda of thing but at the end of the day it's a measure of relief I can't get with anything else.  We have medical only in NM and I'm grateful that at least I have it available.  Bad part is medical only keeps prices too high.  I wish lived closer to Colorado, half the cost and better stuff.

• Like 4

Had a moment with Mary Jane yesterday, thought I'd share.  Across town and on the way home, wife said "you wanna take the highway or the roads?"  I suggested she take the roads.  I packed the vape pen, put on Enya's greatest hits, and kaboom.  Mid-80s, sun was setting, and we're cruising the city.  Reclined my seat as I felt my eyes get low.   I had one foot on earth and one foot on Neptune as I watched the world go by.  I was doing the "up and down" thing with my arm out the window as your hand rides the wind.  Cloud ****ing 9.

It's times like that where I feel alive the most.  My point is, you don't need marijuana to have a good time, but man....the weed can take a nice moment and make it special.  :silly:

As someone who has struggled with depression and severe anxiety since childhood, and almost ruined my career and marriage due to alcohol addiction, I truly feel like marijuana saved my life.  I've been back smoking weed for about 2-3 years now, and it's the happiest I've been in my adult life.  I haven't needed my depression meds since I started back smoking weed again. :)

Edited by Chew
  • Like 8

I hadn't smoked in about 10 years and only used here and there prior to that. Recently I started using to help with my nausea, I use this vaporizer thing and the first time I used I thought I was tripping on acid, things have definitely changed when it comes to the potency.

Edited by jschuck12001
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2017 at 6:44 PM, skinsmarydu said:

I'm in the buckle of the Bible belt...I'll never get to just walk in a store and SHOP. 

I remember people saying the same thing about gay marriage, and legalization is picking up the same amount of momentum lately.  A lot of people feel the biggest domino is Texas, so if that happens before Feds take it off Schedule I list, it will pick up even more steam.  I don't believe Sessions can put the genie back in the bottle, too many states seeing that tax revenue and the other positives from Colorado and Washington, you're going to see it Mary : )

Image result for states with legal recreational marijuana

Edited by Renegade7

2 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

I hadnt smoked in about 10 years and only used here and there prior to that. Recently I started using to help with my nausea, I use this vaporiizer thing and the first time I used I thought I was tripping on acid, things have definitely changed when it comes to the potency.

Ain't it true? First time I'd smoked in many years was at a beer tasting a while back, so I was already warmed up. After maybe 2 good hits I was flying. I couldn't even talk. Potato chips saved me.

Edited by JCB
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Major Harris said:

Called it. 

Ha. 

But, i don't get folks' love for weed. I mean it's the best when you're an adolescent because that's the time for you to be dumb but man how doesn't it get old for you after your balls drop? And don't get me started on the paranoia. I think in the last 15 years I've smoked weed 5 times. 3 of those ended with me in some sort of quasi-panic attack. No thanks. Plus the 30 days in your system thing is an absolute trap. I will never understand (i do actually) assholes who get their papers violated because they can't stop smoking weed. I mean really? See it all the time though. 

And I'll always laugh at the "weed is relatively harmless" apologists. Relative to what? Not relative to not sucking smoke into your lungs repeatedly. And I'm sure that's good for your brain. Related note, I know marijuana ****s with the mylein sheath and I know the mylein sheath has been the focus of some alzheimers research (the mylein plays a big role in memory). I'm dying to find out if there's been any study on marijuana usage and alzheimers. Seems like an obvious connection to me but I can't seem to get an answer. Maybe somebody one of our resident scientists here knows. (and make sure you at least credit me if you win the Nobel). 

But I don't want to hijack. Smoke on my hippy brothers. Just don't ask me to join in with you. 

Edit: oh and I'm calling it now, the whole legalization movement will stagnate once some more localities take the plunge and end up regretting it. Denver will ultimately become the Vegas for weed. 

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83
  • Like 2

I've never smoked weed before, but a good amount of my friends do, and I'm totally fine with it. Honestly, I've always thought it should be legal. 

Even in high school, all of my friends smoked, but I usually just had a few drinks. I figured if I didn't try it back then, I would probably never try it. 

People I know are shocked when they find out that I've never smoked. I'm a pretty happy, fun loving guy, and most just assume that I smoke all the time. Haha. 

If I had some, I'd probably unwind with a little in the evenings. Maybe catch up on some of the tv shows that are supposed to be good but I never got a chance to watch.

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I will say this...if you're pushing 50 and still like to hit the weights pretty hard, a couple puffs now and then does an awesome job of knocking out those aches and pains.

All the bodybuilders in the 70s were sucking weed down like it was Coca Cola. I used to get high and go to the gym when I was in college... Felt great.

edit: Come to think of it, back then I used to do a lot of things high.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/4/2017 at 9:25 AM, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I'm dying to find out if there's been any study on marijuana usage and alzheimers.

http://www.alzheimers.net/6-15-15-effects-of-medical-marijuana-on-alzheimers/

"A preclinical study published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease found that very small doses of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), a chemical found in marijuana, can slow the production of beta-amyloid proteins, thought to be a hallmark characteristic and key contributor to the progression of Alzheimer’s.

The study, published in 2014, is among others to support the effectiveness of THC in prohibiting the growth of toxic amyloid plagues.

Another study from the Salk Institute in La Jolla, California has also found that tetrahydrocannabinol and other compounds found in marijuana may reduce the amount of beta amyloid in the brain. Beta amyloid is a hallmark characteristic of Alzheimer’s and is commonly thought to cause the neurodegenerative disease.

While the findings are preliminary, researchers are optimistic about their findings. David Schubert, professor at the Salk Institute and senior author on the study says, “Although other studies have offered evidence that cannabinoids might be neuroprotective against the symptoms of Alzheimer’s, we believe our study is the first to demonstrate that cannabinoids affect both inflammation and amyloid beta accumulation in nerve cells.”

In the study, researchers found that by exposing beta amyloid proteins to THC, it reduced the levels of beta amyloid, stopped the inflammatory response from the nerve cells caused by beta amyloid and allowed the nerve sells to survive. Antonio Currais, a postdoctoral researcher and first author on the paper noted:

“Inflammation within the brain is a major component of the damage associated with Alzheimer’s disease, but it has always been assumed that this response was coming from immune-like cells in the brain, not the nerve cells themselves. When we were able to identify the molecular basis of the inflammatory response to amyloid beta, it became clear that THC-like compounds that the nerve cells make themselves may be involved in protecting the cells from dying.”

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 3