Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

11 hours ago, bearrock said:

I can't imagine we'll have the room to keep Beagle (maybe if we buyout Orpik).  Carlson and Wilson alone should take us to 10+ mil easily.  I think we're projected to have 16 to 17 million in room after trading or letting go Grubauer 

I would not be surprised to see them move Burakovsky. That's another $3 million that could come off the books and for the Caps he would be staying on the 3rd line. He's not irreplaceable.  

I want to keep Beagle. Veteran, hardest worker and ace face-off guy. He’s kind of like the Captain of the 4th line. 

I’d be OK with trading Bura and Grubs to clear cap space to keep Wilson, Beagle and DSP. 

Agree that Walker, Gersich and also Boyd, need to be on the club next year.

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

I’d be OK with trading Bura and Grubs to clear cap space to keep Wilson, Beagle and DSP. 

If we could trade Bura and Grubs and then manage to keep Carlson, Wilson and DSP, I would be ecstatic. 

Wilson needs to stay at all costs.  The guy is a one man wrecking crew on the ice, teams dont know how to handle him.  I think in some respects he might be the most underrated capital.  Caps are a different team with him on the ice

Is Grub really worth a 1st?  I keep hearing that... who is going to give up a 1st for him?

22 hours ago, zoony said:

Wilson needs to stay at all costs.  The guy is a one man wrecking crew on the ice, teams dont know how to handle him.  I think in some respects he might be the most underrated capital.  Caps are a different team with him on the ice

Is Grub really worth a 1st?  I keep hearing that... who is going to give up a 1st for him?

Islanders have two first round picks, the 11th and the 12th. I could definetly see them willing to part with one of them for Grubs.

Don't get me wrong the cup victory will last a lifetime, but for me personally beating the Pens was my highest moment of the entire run because of how it happened. I had time to prepare for the moment the clock hit 0 and we won the cup, the pens win was sudden and let's face it not expected at all. So glad we got both those moments during the same run.

3 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Don't get me wrong the cup victory will last a lifetime, but for me personally beating the Pens was my highest moment of the entire run because of how it happened. I had time to prepare for the moment the clock hit 0 and we won the cup, the pens win was sudden and let's face it not expected at all. So glad we got both those moments during the same run.

Not for me. Game 7 Tampa was. Tampa was the 400lb Gorilla this year. Defeating them (and the way we did it -- taking command of the series early, imploding late, and then snatching victory from the jaws of defeat to end it) totally stunned me. After that I realized no one was getting in the way of this team and their destiny. 

8 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Not for me. Game 7 Tampa was. Tampa was the 400lb Gorilla this year. Defeating them (and the way we did it -- taking command of the series early, imploding late, and then snatching victory from the jaws of defeat to end it) totally stunned me. After that I realized no one was getting in the way of this team and their destiny. 

I mean in terms of just sudden emotions. My emotions were at their peak when Kuzy scored in OT to eliminate the Pens. I definitely enjoyed other moments more. 

23 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Now that DC has broken the title streak, is it Minneapolis that has the longest? Twins?

Yep. Twins won it all in 91, technically three months before DC won its last before the Caps.

Ironically I lived in Minneapolis for a bit too. Great sportstown. I think the Cousins led Vikings break that curse this year.

21 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Agreed. When Kuzy scored the game winner I screamed in ecstacy. To me its the 2nd biggest moment of the run(biggest is still THE SAVE).

5 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Got two gifts for my birthday. Mom gave me a Capitals Stanley Cup hat and my aunt & uncle gave me... the exact same hat.

One bright side is this could solve a dilemna for you if you ever witness a hat trick live.

37 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

One bright side is this could solve a dilemna for you if you ever witness a hat trick live.

My wife still doesn't understand throwing hats on the ice. I wear a hat whenever I go to a game live, and she tells me before I leave I better come home with that hat. One of my friends tells her when we go that I am coming home without a hat. Of course the one time I saw one live from Ovechkin, I didn't have a hat with me. 

So far I got:

1. Braden Holtby Authentic #70 Jersey

2. 2 Ovechkin T-Shirts for my 2 Nephews (they live in England but even THEY are aware of the Caps historic victory)

3. 2018 Washington Capitals Stanley Cup DVD

4. Sports Illustrated with commemorative Washington Capitals Stanley Cup Champions cover 

I'm thinking of getting some kind of Caps tattoo. I'm a fan until the grave now, might as well celebrate it with a tat. 

Archived