Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Ugh and I had to be in work today.  And it wasn't even a fun work day, it was a bad work day at that.

Any estimates on #s of people?  Looks like a solid number.  I'm expecting a photo comparison to Trump's inauguration any minute now.

Ahh. Freaking. Mazing. We finally got a championship parade and it was absolutely LIT.

Some highlights; Tom Wilson ran off the bus where we were(across the street from Natural History Museum, right by Federal Triangle metro stop)and high fived a bunch of fans. Alan May took a selfie with a group of fans a little to my right(I may have barely gotten in it but it was some rando stranger's phone so no idea). There was also a guy walking around in a Pittsburgh jersey and we booed him mercilessly "lolol."

5 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

I can't find any estimates on the number of people there, but the crowd on the Mall look absolutely HUGE.

Had to be at least 250K easily and I'm probably way short.

Also, metros actually weren't that bad. A little crowded sure but I thought the actual metro stops themselves would be wall to wall with people but it was okay.

Man, what an awesome time today.  I got in a few hours ago from the parade.  EVERYONE out there was so chill.  Such a happy vibe.  The turnout was insane.  I can't wait to hear what the final numbers were.  Funniest moment that I saw (and there were PLENTY) was when a girl was running full speed to get on our metro car.  She made it, but her purse didn't.  Joint got snagged in the doors.  She clotheslined herself and looked like Brooks orpik on that reverse hit from James neal.  I know karma is gonna come back to get me for laughing, but what can you do?  hahahhaa

Archived