Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Well it's also illegal to drink in public but I was making captain and cokes in solo cups 10 feet away from cops who watched me and they didn't care last thursday.  So I'm wondering if anyone has heard of any of this leniancy about tomorrow.  Not sure where that info would really come from though lol.

13 minutes ago, purbeast said:

So has anyone heard if people are planning on just boozing out there watching the parade similar to how it was during the outside viewing parties?

National Park service already said no alcohol. This is federal property.  Unlike the viewing parties, they didnt really care as long as you didnt cause chaos

16 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

National Park service already said no alcohol. This is federal property.  Unlike the viewing parties, they didnt really care as long as you didnt cause chaos

Okay that is good to know.  Where did you see that?  I want to pass that along.

Finally, now that I’m at the airport to fly in for a CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE!!!, now it has finally fully sunk in. This is so ****ing AWESOME!!!! 

YYYYYEEEEAAAAAHHHH BABY!!!!!! LET’S GO CAPS!!!!!!

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

The day after game 5  the dc police commissioner went on WTOP and was talking about how everyone was well behaved and “people with open containers placed them in the reciprocals”

they left the “... after drinking them completely in front of us, then opening another” off the statement lol

So - power ranking of the most important moments this postseason? I'll give it a go to start.

1.) "The Save" 

2.) Eller scoring the game winner in Game 5

3.) DSP scoring the tying goal in Game 5

4.) Kuznetsov's OT goal in Game 6 of the ECSF to get us over those damn Penguins

5.) Game 6 of the ECF as a whole ("hey, look, the Caps can win a crucial, elimination game at home!"

Just now, pjfootballer said:

I bought 3 things. Spent around $75. I don’t need a lot of “stuff”, but thought it would be good to have a couple of momentos. 

Same here as far as stuff is concerned but I'll probably buy a souvenir Washington Post from the day after Game 5.

4 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

So - power ranking of the most important moments this postseason? I'll give it a go to start.

1.) "The Save" 

4.) Kuznetsov's OT goal in Game 6 of the ECSF to get us over those damn Penguins

5.) Game 6 of the ECF as a whole ("hey, look, the Caps can win a crucial, elimination game at home!"

Same here as far as stuff is concerned but I'll probably buy a souvenir Washington Post from the day after Game 5.

Eller's game winner to beat Colombus in round 1 should be #2. We were down 2-0 and if we lose that game, series and season are over.

Obviously "The Save" is going to be the iconic, "70 Chip" of this generation.

11 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

I bought 3 things. Spent around $75. I don’t need a lot of “stuff”, but thought it would be good to have a couple of momentos. One is the DVD.

So what's on the dvd? I was thinking of getting it, but didn't see what was on it.

27 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Eller's game winner to beat Colombus in round 1 should be #2. We were down 2-0 and if we lose that game, series and season are over.

Obviously "The Save" is going to be the iconic, "70 Chip" of this generation.

What a great playoff for Eller. Can you image the party when he goes to Denmark?

39 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

1.) "The Save" 

The Vegas player, Neal, choking on a wide open net and somehow hitting the post.

I bought 3 shirts, the 28"x40" flag to hang in my basement, a lanyard since I wear one at work, it replaced my Wizards one which replaced my Redskins one.  I keep them seasonal.

Then I bought 2 of the championship hats, 1 to wear and 1 to hang on the wall, 2 pucks, and the bluray.  I spent way more than I thought I would lol.  And I don't care.  I also bought another style hat that is fitted and navy blue that says champs on it.

I ordered everything from the Monumental Sports site other than the locker room shirt and 1 of the champs hats.  The other 6 things I got from there, and I think they all are going to ship separately.

EDIT:

Oh and I also bought my son and wife the locker room shirt too in store, when I bought my stuff.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

I bought 3 shirts, the 28"x40" flag to hang in my basement, a lanyard since I wear one at work, it replaced my Wizards one which replaced my Redskins one.  I keep them seasonal.

Then I bought 2 of the championship hats, 1 to wear and 1 to hang on the wall, 2 pucks, and the bluray.  I spent way more than I thought I would lol.  And I don't care.  I also bought another style hat that is fitted and navy blue that says champs on it.

I ordered everything from the Monumental Sports site other than the locker room shirt and 1 of the champs hats.  The other 6 things I got from there, and I think they all are going to ship separately.

EDIT:

Oh and I also bought my son and wife the locker room shirt too in store, when I bought my stuff.

Post a photo after you get all that stuff.

I went to Dick's today, they had a cool Tervis tumbler mug thing that I almost got.  Holding out for the locker room tshirt, they still don't have it.  

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Post a photo after you get all that stuff.

I went to Dick's today, they had a cool Tervis tumbler mug thing that I almost got.  Holding out for the locker room tshirt, they still don't have it.  

Which Dicks did you go to?  I have been to like 3 of them and other than Columbia they all had them.  I went to Modell's in Arrundel Mills today to get the hat and they had quite a bit of the locker room shirts left still, and they had a ton last Friday when I went around lunch time.  They had no hats last Friday though.  I wanted to get one to wear tomorrow along with the locker room shirt to the Parade.

I'll see if I can post a photo of all that stuff.  They may come a few weeks apart though, and the bluray says it will ship before like August 12th so no clue when that will even be finished.

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Which Dicks did you go to?  I have been to like 3 of them and other than Columbia they all had them.  I went to Modell's in Arrundel Mills today to get the hat and they had quite a bit of the locker room shirts left still, and they had a ton last Friday when I went around lunch time.  They had no hats last Friday though.  I wanted to get one to wear tomorrow along with the locker room shirt to the Parade.

I'll see if I can post a photo of all that stuff.  They may come a few weeks apart though, and the bluray says it will ship before like August 12th so no clue when that will even be finished.

Winchester, VA,  Not exactly a hotbed.  Might get out to the one in Dulles this weekend.  

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Winchester, VA,  Not exactly a hotbed.  Might get out to the one in Dulles this weekend.  

Ah gotcha.  I went to Ocean City Saturday morning and was passing through Easton at 9am when they opened so I checked the Dicks out there, and they had shirts but had no hats.  They said the trucks for some reason didn't come.  So I stopped at the one in Salisbury when passing through there, and they had literally nothing.  They said they simply weren't carrying any of it there.

Archived