ixcuincle

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

Posted (edited)

ive spent WAY too much on championship gear ill never wear over the past 12 hours

Edited by mammajamma
  • Like 5

I have a feeling the hype video the team plays before games in capital one is about to get an upgrade lol. 

Also with any luck we can open next season against the pens so they can watch us raise the banner. Since we had to watch them do it last year

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Def way waayyy easier to get hot for 3-4 games. My point stands though, as I saw the ****ing Eagles win the SB it made me think "God Damn it if the Eagles can win a Super Bowl the Caps and Nat's can break through and win a title". That was honestly my thoughts when the Eagles won.

Lombardi trophy the easiest one to win in sports

Stanley Cup the hardest one to win in sports 

• Like 1

Just wanted to say congratulations to all you die hard Caps fans. I watch some, but not a lot during the regular season, but I almost never miss a Caps playoff game. Love the NHL Playoffs. Enjoy it as much now as you possibly can, as there are no guarantees for the future.

Go Caps !

World Champions.

Image result for Stanley cup

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

wandering around DC, aimless and filled with joy. 

You do that pretty much every weekend.  

I went to the Dick's here in Winchester VA down the street from me.  They had hats and pennants but no more tshirts.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Wait.

Hold on.

Triple H shaved his head???

He also got beat by Ronda Rousey

anybody have some good links to watch goal reaction vids? i have the one espn has, but i need more. so addicting.

4 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

anybody have some good links to watch goal reaction vids? i have the one espn has, but i need more. so addicting.

Have you tried: https://www.nhl.com/video

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You do that pretty much every weekend.  

I went to the Dick's here in Winchester VA down the street from me.  They had hats and pennants but no more tshirts.  

Sweet, I had planned on getting a hat, glad they still have some.

Alexander Ovechkin: the new God King of DC sports.

Guy should never have to pay for a meal the rest of his life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Alexander Ovechkin: the new God King of DC sports.

Guy should never have to pay for a meal the rest of his life.

I agree with that sentiment.  That statement is always odd to me though, the guys that should never have to pay for a meal or buy a drink in DC for the rest of their lives are the ones that can afford to do so.  Not just for them, but for you and me, too.

I also agree with the previous posts, he is the #1 athlete in DC history. 

How are the Caps set up from a perspective of looking ahead for a season or two down the line here?  Could this be the start of a dynasty or was this a successful last ditch effort to win with a team before it gets disbanded?  Or somewhere in the middle?

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree with that sentiment.  That statement is always odd to me though, the guys that should never have to pay for a meal or buy a drink in DC for the rest of their lives are the ones that can afford to do so.  Not just for them, but for you and me, too.

I also agree with the previous posts, he is the #1 athlete in DC history. 

How are the Caps set up from a perspective of looking ahead for a season or two down the line here?  Could this be the start of a dynasty or was this a successful last ditch effort to win with a team before it gets disbanded?  Or somewhere in the middle?

I think they could go on a run. Lot of our core guys are young. Ovie is 32 or 33 but still in prime shape. Backy and Holtby are around 30 I believe but then you got guys like Kuzy, Eller, Vrana, Baracude, Orlov who are pretty young. We're probably gonna lose Carlson to FA though so not sure how the D corps will look but there is still a lot of offensive firepower, a great goalie, and above all else the weight of championship pressure is off and they can play free and relaxed.

yeah, once they got past pittsburgh, they were completely on fire. this team has always had so much potential, but it finally all clicked after that was off their back

Coming years will be interesting.  The core is still there, but guys like Carlson or Orpik might not be back.

Biggest thing that will be hard to replicate is just the way previous nobodies just blew up.  Like the odds of DSP replicating his playoffs next year is very low.  Unless he has suddenly become a much better player than he was in the regular season, I think a fall to Earth is in order.

Literally everyone played lights out for long stretches this playoffs.  It's quite incredible actually.  There were no passengers.  That's really hard to replicate year-to-year.

• Like 1

Parade 11am Tuesday 

The parade is scheduled Tuesday on Constitution Avenue starting at 17th street and ending at 7th street and the National Mall, according to an official briefed on the plans who was not authorized to speak on the record before an official announcement. The official said the parade was likely to start at 11 a.m.

A formal announcement was expected later Friday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2018/06/08/after-capitals-win-stanley-cup-trophy-starved-d-c-fans-need-to-know-whens-the-parade/?utm_term=.ea8e999603e1

5 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The scenes last night. You had to be there. Amazing times.

Co-signing this. It was awful trying to make your way through the crowd or finding a place to get a drink of water (with some modicum of speed) or even finding a place to sit. But my God, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

-The ear-splitting roar from the folks on 8th Street when those goals went in during the 2nd period.

-The tired, hungry, dehydrated fans coming to life at Fuel (where I finally found that place to sit) when the Caps went ahead in the 3rd 

-The absolute explosion of joy when the clock finally hit 0.0 and everyone saw Ovi lift the Stanley Cup over his head at last 

-The arena watch party contingency trickling out of the F Street exit

It's something I don't think I'll ever do again (I'm already getting too old for this ****) but I'm so glad I had a chance to do it. 

Washington is home to a champion again. Finally. 

• Like 2