ixcuincle

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

In about 2 weeks when this thread goes back to you, me, @Springfield, @Popeman38, @ixcuincle, @pjfootballer, @PokerPacker, @c slag and a few others, it’s gonna be kinda cool as we will literally have nothing to complain about this off-season. Cheers to you as well. I’m so happy. I’m pretty sure we’ve all gotten into and it’s what makes this thread awesome over ALL the years

I know I, for one, am probably annoying to the hardcore Caps fans and puckheads here who talk about this 24/7. Thanks to all of you for tolerating me coming in here and mucking things up a little. I couldn't stop once I started. It was working.

• Like 2

I want to see the injury list.  There were a number of Caps playing with injuries, Backstrom, Orpik, Kuznetsov.  Just goes to show the heart and desire.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

My only concern now is where I can buy merch at first thing tomorrow morning.

I went to Dick's as soon as the game ended.

Just now, SoulSkin said:

I know I, for one, am probably annoying to the hardcore Caps fans and puckheads here who talk about this 24/7. Thanks to all of you for tolerating me coming in here and mucking things up a little. I couldn't stop once I started. It was working.

It's not that at all. It's been cool having everyone in here during this playoff run. There are just about a 10-12 regulars over all these years that have been in here in the middle of December or after every signing, trade, etc. I love that the city has embraced this run. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It’s been a long run for us.  Threads upon threads upon threads.  The ups, the downs.  Frankly, I’m still in shock that I will wake up tomorrow and more NHL hockey won’t be played.  This is the end of the road.

And we are on top.

Thats the incredible part.  I vaguely remember 92.  It didn’t have an impact on me like this.  This has been years of talking with people who I don’t know... but I know all so well.  For all the people in this thread who have been around.  Thick and thin.  It’s something I can’t quite describe.

My only concern now is where I can buy merch at first thing tomorrow morning.

I was fully prepared to go to game 6, including airfare, so I have a budget free to use on merchandise. I'm going to buy a ton of stuff over the next few weeks. 

It really is so cool. The threads over the years. We earned this as diehard fans. 

Edited by Hersh

23 minutes ago, TK said:

****!  Can't find the right pic of him to mock it up....

Go to NHL.com and under their shop they have a frame they are selling since he made that save. The picture looks pretty good. You might have to purchase the frame first though...lol

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I went to Dick's as soon as the game ended.

Wait forreal?

Can I go now?

Just now, Springfield said:

Wait forreal?

Can I go now?

Probably.  They were still setting up when I got there, but it was open.  Had a security guard posted outside.  I guess they weren't sure how much madness to expect.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

Just looked at the box score since I've been enjoying this so much. 

11 players with 1 point. No one with 2 points. 11 of the 20 players had a point in this game. That is a team win. It's what they have been doing all year and all playoffs, but WOW. In the game to win the Cup you see it in the box score. 

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/wsh-vs-vgk/2018/06/07/2017030415#game=2017030415,game_state=final,game_tab=stats

Ok, yeah I'm quoting myself, but I can't geek out enough over this. The Caps got goals from all 4 lines. Yes, one was a power play, but the goals were from a member of all 4 lines.

Ovehckin - Top Line

Vrana - Line 2

Eller - Line 3

Smith-Pelly - Line 4

Yeah, they gave up 3 goals, albeit a deflection off a Caps skate, what could have been interference, and then a scramble PP goal with a wide open net, but offensively this is about as perfect as it gets. 

Edited by Redskin4ever
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I don’t post here much, but just wanted to let y’all know that I, my brother, father, and mother were 4 of the ~9,000 that saw the very first Caps game. I never thought I’d live to see this day. I’m crazy ecstatic, happy, drunk, ( add your own adjective). Happy I got to watch it with a friend here, in Charlotte NC, who grew up about 8 blocks from me in Arlington, and with you guys and gals. Love y’all!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I ordered an Ovi authentic cup sweater/Jersey 

just got home from being in downtown.  What an amazing site down there.  But holy **** people are rude.  People were getting trampled near the  Arena 

2 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

just got home from being in downtown.  What an amazing site down there.  But holy **** people are rude.  People were getting trampled near the  Arena 

Ugh exactly why I didn't go down there. 

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Ugh exactly why I didn't go down there. 

I mean there were alot of people literally pushing people like they had to go somewhere.  It was insane.  The police did a terrible job by blocking the streets after teh game.  

Any guesses on a parade. Need to buy the plane ticket. Think it will be as early as this weekend?

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

There's gotta be a joke to be made in regard to cup size.

There was someone in the crowd downtown holding a sign that said "My cup size is Stanley"

• Haha 2

Just now, mammajamma said:

Any guesses on a parade. Need to buy the plane ticket. Think it will be as early as this weekend?

Guessing Tuesday

• Like 1

If we ever have another chance at a cup, i recommend the Caps do viewing parties on the monument grounds.  Those streets are a joke