ixcuincle

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

The fans have waited even longer; they’re in the streets and the bars right now and even right up until the final minutes of this game—when the damn game clock went out and no one knew how much time was left—many of them surely had a voice telling them that it could still all go horribly wrong. That’s what history does to you. But it did not go wrong. It is over. They can’t be hurt any more. The Capitals are Stanley Cup champions.

https://deadspin.com/the-capitals-are-finally-champions-1826657490

I like this write up.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Count me down!

****!  Can't find the right pic of him to mock it up....

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Lars Eller: Stanley Cup game winning goal. Legend for life.

Yeah, and the DSP tying goal has also got to be legendary. That was incredible.

• Thanks 4

Love seeing the passion from the fans on TV right now.  DC wanted this so badly. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

I missed this on whatever network had it

There's so much going on right now and plenty of good tweets, but this is a good one.

That was an amazing moment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Weve gone at it over the years but Ive always respected your passion and optimism. Cheers mate. 

In about 2 weeks when this thread goes back to you, me, @Springfield, @Popeman38, @ixcuincle, @pjfootballer, @PokerPacker, @c slag and a few others, it’s gonna be kinda cool as we will literally have nothing to complain about this off-season. Cheers to you as well. I’m so happy. I’m pretty sure we’ve all gotten into and it’s what makes this thread awesome over ALL the years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

In about 2 weeks when this thread goes back to you, me, @Springfield, @Popeman38, @ixcuincle, @pjfootballer, @PokerPacker, @c slag and a few others, it’s gonna be kinda cool as we will literally have nothing to complain about this off-season. Cheers to you as well. I’m so happy. I’m pretty sure we’ve all gotten into and it’s what makes this thread awesome over ALL the years

I'm not sure what to do with myself.  I'm supposed to be lamenting a series of unfortunate calls for the next 3 months.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm not sure what to do with myself.  I'm supposed to be lamenting a series of unfortunate calls for the next 3 months.

Brooks Orpik's contract just become completely worth it. GMBM can stay as long as he wants. Trotz is now awesome. I got nothing else. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Count me down!

Replace dude with Hotlby, replace guitar with a hockey stick - so now they kinda look like a cross. 

Holtby Saves banner

Posted (edited)

Brooks Orpik's contract just become completely worth it. GMBM can stay as long as he wants. Trotz is now awesome. I got nothing else. 

Orpik was better than he was given credit for.  He's definitely had his issues, but I think what we've discovered is he just needs the right partner.  Schmidt filled that role last year, and we discovered at just the right time this year that Djoos was the guy he needed.

Edited by PokerPacker

Just now, BigDibbs31 said:

LOL at Bryce Harper jumping on the Caps bandwagon

What did he do? He was so sad at Game 4. 

If only Filip Forsberg wasn't traded for a bag of already eaten peanuts.

There..now we can go back to being pissed off disgruntled Caps fans. 😁

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

Orpik was better than he was given credit for.  He's definitely had his issues, but I think what we've discovered is he just needs the right partner.  Schmidt filled that role last year, and we discovered at just the right time this year that Djoos was the guy he needed this year.

I'm happy for the guy. He's been savaged in DC the last couple playoffs and, to me, rightfully so. He was absolutely destroying guys all playoffs this season. He was great. I can only imagine how many concussions he took this playoffs. At least, that's what it looked like. 

From a Sharks fan, congrats to the Caps.  D.C. deserved and needed this.  The way fans are in pandemonium really hits home how long it's been since they've had a championship team.

Hope the 'Skins are up next!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

If only Filip Forsberg wasn't traded for a bag of already eaten peanuts.

There..now we can go back to being pissed off disgruntled Caps fans. 😁

Filip Who?

I'm happy for the guy. He's been savaged in DC the last couple playoffs and, to me, rightfully so. He was absolutely destroying guys all playoffs this season. He was great. I can only imagine how many concussions he took this playoffs. At least, that's what it looked like. 

Maybe if we didn't sit Schmidt for friggin Shattenkirk...

• Like 1

Just looked at the box score since I've been enjoying this so much. 

11 players with 1 point. No one with 2 points. 11 of the 20 players had a point in this game. That is a team win. It's what they have been doing all year and all playoffs, but WOW. In the game to win the Cup you see it in the box score. 

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/wsh-vs-vgk/2018/06/07/2017030415#game=2017030415,game_state=final,game_tab=stats

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It’s been a long run for us.  Threads upon threads upon threads.  The ups, the downs.  Frankly, I’m still in shock that I will wake up tomorrow and more NHL hockey won’t be played.  This is the end of the road.

And we are on top.

Thats the incredible part.  I vaguely remember 92.  It didn’t have an impact on me like this.  This has been years of talking with people who I don’t know... but I know all so well.  For all the people in this thread who have been around.  Thick and thin.  It’s something I can’t quite describe.

My only concern now is where I can buy merch at first thing tomorrow morning.

• Like 3