ixcuincle

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

As a Hawks fan from my college years in the midwest but a MD native, I'm thrilled for the Caps and am rooting hard for them. 

**** a curse! 

Posted (edited)

Don't waste your time with ESPN (I posted a longer 8min package a few posts down that has better frame rate and has the NBC call)

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

And yeah, VGK is basically a team of 2nd liners for all 4 lines.

It's actually 3rd liners and 2nd pair defenseman. Wasn't it picking teams 11th best forward and 4th best defenseman pretty much?

Edited by Zazzaro703
  • Thanks 2

I think teams got to protect 10 forwards, 3 defenseman and a goalie for the expansion draft.

Was Burakovsky a late addition to the playoff squad? Or did he ride the bench all season or something? 

3 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Was Burakovsky a late addition to the playoff squad? Or did he ride the bench all season or something? 

Had a subpar year but got injured vs Columbus and missed all of the Pens series 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

He's been very inconsistent in his brief career that has included some injuries. Caps keep waiting for him to become a 20+ goal scorer after a good first two seasons but he hasn't really elevated his game. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

He was injured early in the 2nd game of the playoffs.  He underwent surgery and was replaced by Vrana on the 2nd line.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

It's actually 3rd liners and 2nd pair defenseman. Wasn't it picking teams 11th best forward and 4th best defenseman pretty much?

Yeah but it sounds like the NHL did them a huge solid if you call them a team full of second liners.

We know now that next season the Capitals are going to be playing a lot of games on"NBC Game Of The Week"

I don't know how I will feel if the Caps win the Stanley Cup. Obvious answer is elated but I think it will also be relief and a little bit of bewilderment.

It's been so long since DC has had a champion. One can only hope.

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Don't check stubhub or any other sites if you are thinking $300. 

Oh. They are $900 each for corner uppers. ****.

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yeah but it sounds like the NHL did them a huge solid if you call them a team full of second liners.

I think I'm wrong about 10 forwards, that would be 4th liners and I'm pretty sure it wasn't that deep. Maybe it was 7 or 8. 

I went to Capital One Arena for the viewing party, and oh my goodness WHAT A NIGHT!! I went with a couple friends and i gotta admit i was not expecting that kind of a game for game 7...i was happily surprised :) i was thinking a MUST-WIN watch party (for a DC Sports team even) could either turn out realllllllyyyyyy terrible or the best night ever 😂😂 

But man, one heck of an experience. The place was rocking all night, starting with the 1st goal a couple minutes into the game :D 

Also, anyone who went tonight, how about that guy that ran onto the court 😂😂 he tried his best to juke out the security guards :P 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Oh. They are $900 each for corner uppers. ****.

I'm assuming it will come down a bit once they have the actual presales and what not.  Hopefully the Caps at least get a split on the road but considering Game 3 is on a Saturday I would expect the secondary market prices to stay pretty high.

Posted (edited)

Also, of course the year the capitals finally get to the SCF I’ll be out of the country on vacation. Guess I’ll have to resort to checking the score the morning after each game 

(actually, come to think of it, i just saw @Heisenberg post, game 3 is on Saturday? Maybe I’ll be home for at least 1 of the games after all! I’ll be back in the states on the 4th. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

This is still un****ing real 

I’ve been posting in these threads since i was a sophomore in high school 

I’m 25 now 

this is amazing 

so deserved 

• Like 5

So who's rocking the red tomorrow at work?

This guy. Btw, went to a Stanley Cup game a few years ago when the Sharks played. It's un****ing real. 

• Like 1

That was one of the coolest games I've ever seen...Ovi's early goal, Wilson giving Coburn that ass whoopin' right outta the box, and Burakovsky's speed getting us 2 insurance goals. 

And Holtby was a God. 

We got a memo at work yesterday morning sayin red shirts are for Saturdays only from now on, and boss knows I read it.😣😣😣 

• Like 1