Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Top 100 Players - 2017 (Cousins, Reed, Norman and Williams so far)

Really not sure where to put any of this stuff lol...started putting it in the FA thread but, obviously not about free agents.

Anyway, as current Skins players get listed can post them here. That includes any free agents we picked up (ok, so it's kinda about free agents lol)...Cousins and Reed so far. Will most likely see Williams and Norman, too. Kerrigan would have to have jumped up a bunch of spots so I'm assuming he's off the list this time. Who knows about guys like Scherff, Crowder and Pryor.

#70: Kirk Cousins

#65 - Jordan Reed

#59 - Josh Norman

The above video cuts off...the rest can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKlHHPd-2lU

#47 - Trent Williams

I saw Redskins fans on Twitter and other social media complaining about KC at 70, but this is NFL players rating him as the 6th or 7th best QB in the league 2 years in a row. That is impressive! We know J. Reed is a beast but he had somewhat of quiet season and was still picked at 65 so that is still respectable.

9 hours ago, beachboy757 said:

I saw Redskins fans on Twitter and other social media complaining about KC at 70, but this is NFL players rating him as the 6th or 7th best QB in the league 2 years in a row. That is impressive! We know J. Reed is a beast but he had somewhat of quiet season and was still picked at 65 so that is still respectable.

Still I think he should be closer to 50, and he would be if we had a running game to speak of.  

11 hours ago, beachboy757 said:

I was half watching it last night, and I actually think I heard them say that there are 12 or 13 QBs still remaining on this list, which is insane if true.  Of course, QB's are going to be inflated on lists like this, but that's just disrespectful to the other players to have 13 QB's in the top 60.

14 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I was half watching it last night, and I actually think I heard them say that there are 12 or 13 QBs still remaining on this list, which is insane if true.  Of course, QB's are going to be inflated on lists like this, but that's just disrespectful to the other players to have 13 QB's in the top 60.

I didn't notice that part. 13 out of 32 is not terrible but Cousins stats are top 5-10 at minimum. We all know the disrespect will keep happening until he wins a playoff game so hopefully he gets over the hump soon (as in this upcoming season)..

5 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

I didn't notice that part. 13 out of 32 is not terrible but Cousins stats are top 5-10 at minimum. We all know the disrespect will keep happening until he wins a playoff game so hopefully he gets over the hump soon (as in this upcoming season)..

Yea, I could be wrong but I think it was said during one of the commercial breaks where it takes you to the NFLN set and they discuss the rankings.

And honestly, 13 is plausible.  I don't wanna turn this into a Cousins debate, and I really do like him, but you can argue at least 11 QBs over him when taking more than just statistics into account:

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Ryan
5. Ben
6. Wilson
7. Carr
8. Rivers
9. Stafford
10. Luck
11. Newton
12. Cousins
13. Mariota
14. Winston

15. Palmer

16. Prescott

So far, the only 3 QBs on the list are Cousins (70) and Alex Smith (81), Philip Rivers (73). 

Of the list above, I doubt Palmer, Mariota or Winston make the top 100, because I don't think any of them would be higher than Cousins at this point.  Prescott might make it and be higher, because Rookie Sensation Cowboy.  I can't imagine any of the others NOT on the list.  Though I'm surprised we haven't seen a few yet. 

Anyway, that's going to put Cousins, as voted by his peers, at about 12-15. 

** And this is where I really wish we had the Cousins debacle thread back.  Because I have a Cousins comment that I desperately don't want to put in here with the possibility of stoking the Cousins conversation.  Which this thread shouldn't be about. 

I'm going to weigh my options, and think about it before posting.  

I think Trent takes a small hit (compared to last year) because he missed 4 games and may go in the next 10. I also see Norman taking a significant tumble due to his low INT total in 2017 and the amount of penalties he drew...I think he goes between 25-45.

Cousins needs to step it up this year...he has underperformed for years with a very good offensive line. You give a lot of the quarterbacks on that list the Skins O-Line and they'd be unstoppable IMO...Now that we have a 'possible' good RB, Cousins needs to bring it....or we need a new QB. Once again my.02

5 hours ago, beachboy757 said:

I'm just glad he moved up the list this year, and not from #85 to #82 lol...

33 minutes ago, bolt2skins said:

Cousins needs to step it up this year...he has underperformed for years with a very good offensive line. You give a lot of the quarterbacks on that list the Skins O-Line and they'd be unstoppable IMO...Now that we have a 'possible' good RB, Cousins needs to bring it....or we need a new QB. Once again my.02

Yeah, any QB who cant break a bunch of franchise records, then break those records every year is a slacker.

42 minutes ago, bolt2skins said:

What exactly does Cousins do that warrants a post like this? He's top 10 in nearly every statistical category but TD's, and those will increase from the 25 he had this year, I'll guarantee that. His trajectory from a 4th round pick has been nothing short of incredible, I still think he's underrated by a lot of Skins fans, but it seems most people are coming around. 

Edit: I also want to point out that as good as our line is, Cousins is very fast at getting the ball out. 

1 hour ago, Wyndorf25 said:

I think Trent takes a small hit (compared to last year) because he missed 4 games and may go in the next 10. I also see Norman taking a significant tumble due to his low INT total in 2017 and the amount of penalties he drew...I think he goes between 25-45.

I know Josh is going to drop, it's inevitable after the year he had in 2015. He played good this year but dropped about 5 - 7 interceptions, so I see a drop. Trent actually had his best year as a Redskin I think, so it will be interesting how he gets rated. 

Archived