Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TK

Press Release: #REDSKINS FEDEXFIELD WILL TRANSFORM INTO A STADIUMLINKS GOLF COURSE JUNE 9 THROUGH 11

23 posts in this topic

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

April 17, 2017

FEDEXFIELD WILL TRANSFORM INTO A STADIUMLINKS GOLF COURSE JUNE 9 THROUGH 11

LANDOVER, Md. – Stadiumlinks, the event series that transforms prominent sports stadiums into exclusive golf courses, will team up with FedExField to become a nine-hole golf course June 9 through June 11. Tee time bookings are now officially available to the public at stadiumlinksgolf.com.

“This event gives the public the rare experience of hitting some of the most memorable golf shots imaginable from nine different locations throughout the stadium,” said Jon Stephens, founder of Stadiumlinks. “Targets for each tee box are positioned on greens that are landscaped into the field below, creating nine one-of-a-kind golf holes that you’ll have to see to believe. By combining this with exclusive and intimate access to the stadium, we’re excited to offer a unique experience for each and every participant.” 

Tee times are offered across all days of the event starting at 7 a.m. and ending at 8 p.m. with the stadium lights illuminating the course as the evening progresses. Due to the logistics of the event, registration will only be offered in two-person and four-person bookings with prices that start at $75 per person.

A premium VIP upgrade will be offered during the registration checkout, giving participants the opportunity to stay after completing their round in one of FedExField’s luxury areas overlooking the stadium at play (among other additional VIP perks that are included in the upgrade). Participation spots are extremely limited and are expected to sell out in advance of the event.

-REDSKINS-

1 person likes this

How does this effect the playing surface?  We have enough issues as it is with playing surface, I can't imagine this is going to help anything.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

How does this effect the playing surface?  We have enough issues as it is with playing surface, I can't imagine this is going to help anything.

To be fair, the stadium was already basically a giant sand trap. It's not like they're going to make it worse. :ols:

2 people like this

I'd prefer putt putt thru Dan's office

2 people like this

The headline should be Snyder finds new, innovative way to stuff cash in his pockets. 

1 person likes this

On 4/17/2017 at 4:22 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't think it will affect the playing surface at all. It's in early June. The first pre-season game isn't until Aug 17- 20th.     They're doing this at Raymond James stadium and they've also done it at baseball fields too.

So are the greens going to be synthetic?  Or are they just going to be super ****ty low cut Bermuda?

also, course will have no contour

i love to golf I love the redskins but I wouldn't pay more than $5 for this **** show

1 person likes this

It looks like fun. But $75 to $85 per person is pretty outrageous. You can play 2 very nice courses in our area for that price if you are willing to play during the week. And there is no putting or driving involved at all. It is strictly a short iron game. I might still try to put together a foursome. Just to say I did it.

This is stupid. I guess concert money is running short since most big shows take place in Nats park now.

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

It looks like fun. But $75 to $85 per person is pretty outrageous. You can play 2 very nice courses in our area for that price if you are willing to play during the week. And there is no putting or driving involved at all. It is strictly a short iron game. I might still try to put together a foursome. Just to say I did it.

What courses can you play for 32.50 in DC? 

Just now, Cliffmark1 said:

What courses can you play for 32.50 in DC? 

Are there even any courses in DC? I live in NOVA. Plenty of great courses here for that price during the week.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Are there even any courses in DC? I live in NOVA. Plenty of great courses here for that price during the week.

Could you name some. I just want to play them. In MoCo they are significantly more. 

1 minute ago, Cliffmark1 said:

Could you name some. I just want to play them. In MoCo they are significantly more. 

Glenn dale, enterprise. There are tons aroudn here 

5 minutes ago, Cliffmark1 said:

I have never played in MOCO. But a google search gave me this site:

http://www.mcggolf.com/Home.aspx

There are nine courses on this site alone cheaper than $32.50???

It's really a shame it can't transform into a quality football stadium. :rolleyes:

:247:The Rook

3 people like this

22 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I'm.sure that I'm in the minority here, but it looks like a fun, unique experience. If I wasn't such a cheap ****, I'd do it. 

I seriously doubt that Snyder is making much coin on this, and I also doubt that it is his idea. I'm sure that the Skins have an Events planning staff, and it was probably pitched to them by the Stadium Links people.   Other teams are doing this, so why not us? I think it's a pretty cool idea, and why not use the stadium in the offseason?

I'm no Snyder apologist, but I think the snide remarks about Snyder don'the belong in this thread. The vitriol is getting tiresome. He's the owner, and he ain't going anywhere.

If Snyder single-handedly saved an entire family by pulling them out of a burning building, people would find a way to belittle it.

We get it, you hate the man, and that's cool, but is this really the right thread for those remarks?  Sheesh!

Edited by Skinsfan1311
1 person likes this

Lol there's barely any room to swing. Top Golf has a much better setup and score keeping options. 

Edited by ddub52

On April 19, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

I'm.sure that I'm in the minority here, but it looks like a fun, unique experience. If I wasn't such a cheap ****, I'd do it. 

I seriously doubt that Snyder is making much coin on this, and I also doubt that it is his idea. I'm sure that the Skins have an Events planning staff, and it was probably pitched to them by the Stadium Links people.   Other teams are doing this, so why not us? I think it's a pretty cool idea, and why not use the stadium in the offseason?

I'm no Snyder apologist, but I think the snide remarks about Snyder don'the belong in this thread. The vitriol is getting tiresome. He's the owner, and he ain't going anywhere.

If Snyder single-handedly saved an entire family by pulling them out of a burning building, people would find a way to belittle it.

We get it, you hate the man, and that's cool, but is this really the right thread for those remarks?  Sheesh!

Then I guess you wouldn't  like hole 18, where you putt into the mouth of a giant Snyder head. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Then I guess you wouldn't  like hole 18, where you putt into the mouth of a giant Snyder head. 

I wouldn't havr a problem with it, as long did the same, on 15, 16 & 17, with Goodell, Mara & Jerrah Jones!