Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TK

Press Release: STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:

44 posts in this topic

STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:

Trent Murphy of the Washington Redskins has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2017 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances. 

Murphy is eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games.

Do what the good teams do, cut him.

So sick and tired of this crap.

1 person likes this

Well we did insist he "bulk up".  It's one thing for an offensive lineman to "bulk up" by pouring Crisco on his Wheaties, but OLB-turned-DEs need more than lard in their tanks.  On the bright side, he'll be rested and ready.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I blame Galette 

Edited by Reaper Skins
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This supension was previously reported in early March but his appeal was just denied.His four game suspension stands.

Edited by Tarpon75

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

While you're at it, cut Trent Williams. 

We gots a trent problem 

Edited by Butters20
3 people like this

7 minutes ago, Butters20 said:

While you're at it, cut Trent Williams. 

We gots a trent problem 

Good teams make tough decisions. Sure, you don't want to lose good players, but the change in culture needs to start somewhere.

1 person likes this

I agree with that. While I don't mean to literally cut either, I wish our team had developed some sort of additional consequences to these players. If they cut Murphy and not williams, then they are simply hypocrites. 

1 hour ago, Butters20 said:

If they cut Murphy and not williams, then they are simply hypocrites. 

Are they? Trent Williams is quite possibly the best LT in the game. Trent murphy is not that.  You keep the players that help you win. You cut ties when yhe negatives outweigh the positives.  Smoking weed wasn't helping trent W.perform better (unless you go the pain relief argument route which I'm not) but Trent Murphy very well may have seen his bump in production related to P.E.D. use. Very different.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Are they? Trent Williams is quite possibly the best LT in the game. Trent murphy is not that.  You keep the players that help you win. You cut ties when yhe negatives outweigh the positives.  Smoking weed wasn't helping trent W.perform better (unless you go the pain relief argument route which I'm not) but Trent Murphy very well may have seen his bump in production related to P.E.D. use. Very different.

Yes. They would be complete hypocrites. 

You are using a players ability to validate the violation of a principle 

But hypocrites with a desire to win. 

Saying your team has a policy but then only applying it to certain team members is hypocrisy in the name of winning ball games. And that, folks, is today's NFL. 

Edited by Butters20
4 people like this

He got caught doing what so many others do in the NFL.

He cheated, tried to gain an edge. Got caught. I'd say let's see how he performs after the suspension before we cut the guy. He's a solid player.

2 people like this

To be clear, I didn't mean we should actually cut these guys. Just that if they only

apploed the rule to one, then that's not right 

Like they say, the best ability is availability. You're not helping the team missing 4 games. 

6 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Like they say, the best ability is availability. You're not helping the team missing 4 games. 

So he'll be more available if you cut him??

2 people like this

2 hours ago, DM72 said:

Good teams make tough decisions. Sure, you don't want to lose good players, but the change in culture needs to start somewhere.

what do you really think that would send a message? Another team will pick him/them up, so message lost

5 hours ago, DM72 said:

Seriously? Over react much? SMH

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Seriously? Over react much? SMH

Who is he helping being suspended? 

41 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

what do you really think that would send a message? Another team will pick him/them up, so message lost

Let them. He's not exactly JJ Watt.

Hah, cutting a guy because hes suspended once.  Yeah, all good teams do that.  Thats why Bell isnt on the Steelers any......wait, no, thats stupid.

4 people like this

Trent Murphy was touted out of college as the guy with all that natural "country" strength, right? Riiiiight...

5 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Smoking weed wasn't helping trent W.perform better (unless you go the pain relief argument route which I'm not) but Trent Murphy very well may have seen his bump in production related to P.E.D. use. Very different.

Yeah, that argument makes Murphy look better.  He was trying to help his team, but Williams was selfishly getting high.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, DM72 said:

Maybe that's what they did when they separated from S&C coach Mike Smith...

Pure guess here.

They should just let these guys put hgh in the Gatorade cooler.

6 hours ago, DM72 said:

Nobody says that and just because it rhymes doesn't make it true.

Heck, I'm available. I have no ability.

2 people like this

9 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Not different at all. Very much the same.Both instances involve the use of a banned aubstance.

Rules are rules and Williams is a repeat offender we are fortunate that in Murphys case it did not happen in the middle of a season and we have some time to prepare.

6 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Trent Murphy was touted out of college as the guy with all that natural "country" strength, right? Riiiiight...

So you figure he's been juicing his entire career, not just during the season they asked him to quickly bulk up to 290, then quickly lose all that and get faster again?