Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RonArtest15

***The All-Encompassing ES Hip Hop Thread***

160 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Drogas Light was worse than any Kendrick project since the KDot days. Pretty wack stuff, especially Pick Up the Phone.

 

T&Y, Food & Liquor and especially The Cool are my ****, but his discography is so much weaker than Kendrick's overall largely because his ear for beats and hooks is so much worse. Lyrically, they're very close.

I agree on the beats and hooks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Drogas Light was worse than any Kendrick project since the KDot days. Pretty wack stuff, especially Pick Up the Phone.

 

T&Y, Food & Liquor and especially The Cool are my ****, but his discography is so much weaker than Kendrick's overall largely because his ear for beats and hooks is so much worse. Lyrically, they're very close.

Light was just a compilation of throwaways. More of a mixtape so not really fair to compare that to a full kendrick studio album. And i think Lupe has better beats than kendrick (especially on the cool & TY), but thats just my opinion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

One of my favorite Lupe verse is off Poor Decisions by Wale. 

what do u think about his newest "unreleased" song about kaepernick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question - should we just change this to the ES Hip-Hop thread?  Get some good discussion going? 

 

*edit*

 

As far as Lupe, I was convinced he had "next" after F&L & The Cool...but like it was said, his overall discography is nowhere near as strong as Kendrick's. 

Edited by RonArtest15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys know about the Krayzie Bone/Bizzy Bone joint coming out in June  ? 

 

Might not be safe for work - 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bone was one of the first acts that really pulled me into rap

 

spent a lot of time with my ear next to a boombox rewinding a tape trying to catch what they were saying lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Lupe's best was the cool, for me.

 

How come Eminem hasn't been brought up in this discussion?

 

too inconsistent to crack my list. 

 

at his best, he can stand next to anybody who's ever done it. i base my list more on a rapper's discography, not where they are at there peak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Springfield said:

Lupe's best was the cool, for me.

 

How come Eminem hasn't been brought up in this discussion?

He was discussed on page 1 and 2. It was agreed he was unequivocally #1. Anyone going against that obviously has a racial bias. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

I think Eminem is in that cluster for #5 with Kendrick and Jay-Z. 

 

No way Jay-Z is above Eminem. If it wasn't being married to Beyonce and partnering with Rhianna on some stuff he would be 5-10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, daveakl said:

 

No way Jay-Z is above Eminem. If it wasn't being married to Beyonce and partnering with Rhianna on some stuff he would be 5-10.

 

U crazy, bro...

 

Reasonable Doubt through American Gangster are all top-quality.  You wanna argue about how he fell off since AG, fine...no debate from me.  His discography > Em's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R-Kelly, BIG, Rhianna, Beyonce basically made him.

 

It's like saying Jordan is the greatest without putting into context he had Pippen, Grant, Rodman, Kukoc, Kerr, etc.

 

Without that supporting cast Jordan is Dr. J

 

Without that supporting cast Jay-Z is Lupe Fiasco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Macklemore in the top-10 discussion...now saying R.Kelly, BIG, Rihanna, and Beyonce made Jay-Z.

 

Takes be hot in here today, bruh. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

First Macklemore in the top-10 discussion...now saying R.Kelly, BIG, Rihanna, and Beyonce made Jay-Z.

 

Takes be hot in here today, bruh. 

 

Saying he is "in the discussion" is a disservice to.  

8 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Lupe is a better lyricist than Jay

This guy gets it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jay is more of a biter than a writer. 

I like his work...but most of it is production. 

Oh, and Jay is certainly not better than Em. 

No way. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Lupe is a better lyricist than Jay

 

No argument from me, but Jay-Z has a MUCH stronger catalogue.  I'm not even talking about the quantity...bu the quality.  He's got about 4-5 albums that you can say are in the top 100 all-time. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And half of them are rip offs from OG's. 

Jay is among the top ten...not the top 5. 

Feels like Deja Vu to me. I know I said this before. 

 

Jay admits it in one of his songs. I'll need to look it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

And half of them are rip offs from OG's. 

Jay is among the top ten...not the top 5. 

Feels like Deja Vu to me. I know I said this before. 

 

Jay admits it in one of his songs. I'll need to look it up. 

 

Please give me your top-10 list...Would love to see who you have on there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.